• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Grace) Lazarus's Battle Ball 1: Lazarus vs Undyne (Glitchtale)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyFang82

He/Him
Mr. Bambu spent some of his time making a Profile for my boi Lazarus and I feel like this sword fighter should have some fun. This will be the first of multiple matches I want to set up with Lazarus fighting other Skilled Weapon users... Well time to have some have badass fights.
  • Fight takes place in The Colosseum, Rome, Italy.
  • The two of them start off 15 meters apart
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Both 8-B
  • SBA Otherwise

Lazarus3 (Mr. Bambu, PsychoWarper, GreyFang82)
Undyne (Glitchtale)0 ()
Inconclusive0 ()

Last edited:
I mean like

Lazarus scales to 43.46 Tons of TNT equivalent, Undyne scales to 60.66- about a 1.4x advantage. I know little about Undyne's fighting style but both of them have skill arguments it seems. Necrotic damage isn't as notable here due to monsters working funny iirc. Attacking with it has some physical implications but I doubt it would be useful as far as hax goes. Still, Lazarus does have a few other options here, such as Hunger of Hadar or Mind Sliver to counter ranged plays.

Laz also outright resists Undyne's primary form of hax, which is immobilization via soul manip. She probably can still hit him via thrown spears, but this does negate her immediate advantage.

Lazarus has more light hax to work with but Undyne's danmaku and AP advantage are notable barriers. She does lack flight it seems so Lazarus could abuse that I suppose to eke out a win in conjunction with Hunger of Hadar, which he did use in-character in the past- this strategy used alongside his melee combat when it suited him would serve him well enough to win more often than not, I think.

So let me throw in my opinion.

Since Laz will see clear as day Undyne starting the fight with a barrage of magical spears, he would respond in kind with using Arms of Hadar, which creates magical darkness that he can see through (Truesight) but she can’t and will use Mind Sliver to damage her as she stays in there.

He would fly around to avoid her danmaki, since she clearly hasn’t fought a flying enemy who can fly above her attacks iirc. Laz’s blindsense also means he is always aware of when she spawns or fires a spear at him.

If / when Undyne leaves the radius, Laz would probably already be aware of how physically superior she is than him in AP, and will opt to use Bestow Curse upon her to equal the playing field in terms of physicality. Lazarus also has the unique experiences of fighting creatures considerable stronger than him: Iron Golem, Moon Master, etc.

I think with this and the arguments above, Lazarus should be able to squeeze out a victory here with high difficulty, especially since Undyne struggles a lot with acrobatic and Dexterity based foes, clear examples being Frisk (At least in canon, not sure if that differs)

Thread is locked, feel free to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back