• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Homelander just eye lasers tbh, if they get up close it wouldn’t be particularly difficult to pull off.

Homelander just eye lasers tbh, if they get up close it wouldn’t be particularly difficult to pull off.
You mean the eye lasers that couldn’t even kill Billy or Homelander himself whom Deku has comparable durability to as well as resistance to heat and feats of dodging far better laser attacks from Nine? Those eye lasers?

You mean the eye lasers that couldn’t even kill Billy or Homelander himself whom Deku has comparable durability to as well as resistance to heat and feats of dodging far better laser attacks from Nine? Those eye lasers?

I already said how Deku's heat resistance 1)doesn't seem like a thing and 2)wouldn't match up to Homey's.

Also why is the dodging relevant if that isn't being used for speed scaling lol.

I already said how Deku's heat resistance 1)doesn't seem like a thing and 2)wouldn't match up to Homey's.
Not only is it on his profiles in the "Resistances" section

Plasma also goes to atleast 28000 C, while homelanders only offical source in diabolical is far lower

Not only is it on his profiles in the "Resistances" section

Plasma also goes to atleast 28000 C, while homelanders only offical source in diabolical is far lower
Diabolical isn't priority canon. It's more secondary, although Homelander's lasers aren't exactly something quantifiable they'd still likely cut through Deku if they land due to implying that Homey's lasers are comparable to SB's heat resistance, which allows him to generate and withstand his own nuclear beams.

Even without comparing them to nukes they'd still be vastly above what Deku is capable of resisting. Only issue is that if he can dodge them.

This isn't his limit lol. Homelander can vary the temperature of the laser at will. He has literally used it to heat milk to even vaporize a trailer
Wait this is what they were using for his laser temperature? Anyone using HM opting for a non-lethal option while he was younger obviously hasn't read or watched The Boys.

Homelander only lowered his eye lasers down to that temperature since he wanted to go about a non lethal means of action.

Ngl I feel like people here are only voting Deku because HL is a character that's easy to hate and belittle due to his personality whenever votes should be based other reasons.

The scan in the profile just says the thing's body was a "cluster of pure energy" lol.
Heat (Can resist the immense heat of Dynamight's nitroglycerin-like explosions,[19] which could incinerate clothes and reach temperatures of about 5,000 °C. Comparable to All Might, who was able to directly hit beings made of superheated plasma),[20]
I think you didn't read the justifications properly. Also, he has an additional heat resistance for surviving lightning for a prolonged period of time.

I mean idc about the nitroglycerin stuff and the links to the plasma feats aren't working for me. I just used the NPI section links instead for the latter.

I remember very well that someone explained that the heat from explosions lasts too little to transmit completely into someone's body

But alright, it's on the profile so whatever. Homelander's laser are still better if I'm not wrong

Plasma shit is only for High keys so whatever

Plasma can also verify in temperature, so I'm not sure why they settled for 5000 whenever Plasma can be much lower or higher depending on the type of Plasma and how said Plasma is created.

Plasma can also verify in temperature, so I'm not sure why they settled for 5000 whenever Plasma can be much lower or higher depending on the type of Plasma and how said Plasma is created.
Have you considered he was a quirked up boy busting it down Lightning Style?

The heat resistance of plasma comes from the fact that AFO users are able to touch plasma
But like, the character that touched plasma was allmight, someone who is miles ahead of Deku at that %
Wait, grace ended last week, why is this still being debated?
The OP was edited literally now 🗿

Added votes, Grace has begun

Diabolical isn't priority canon. It's more secondary, although Homelander's lasers aren't exactly something quantifiable they'd still likely cut through Deku if they land due to implying that Homey's lasers are comparable to SB's heat resistance, which allows him to generate and withstand his own nuclear beams.

Even without comparing them to nukes they'd still be vastly above what Deku is capable of resisting. Only issue is that if he can dodge them.
“If he can dodge them”

Analytical Prediction, which Homelander has nothing to counter with. Ridiculously smarter than Homelander. Fought Nine who could shoot and control ten lasers at the same time. Could dodge them first try despite having no prior knowledge. Proceeded to dodge them again mid air and only got a small scrape.
Wait this is what they were using for his laser temperature? Anyone using HM opting for a non-lethal option while he was younger obviously hasn't read or watched The Boys.

Homelander only lowered his eye lasers down to that temperature since he wanted to go about a non lethal means of action.

Ngl I feel like people here are only voting Deku because HL is a character that's easy to hate and belittle due to his personality whenever votes should be based other reasons.
The only option going right now is “Homelander has beyond 3000 Celsius lasers because he threatened Soldier Boy who has nuke powers and therefore should have the exact same power and properties as a nuke,” none of which is even accepted on Soldier Boy’s profile because then he’d be scaling to a Nuke’s value not 8-B. Unless you agree his powers aren’t the exact same as a nuclear bomb, through which he has no reason whatsoever to have the same temperature as them either.

Without even bringing up the fact that you’re completely wrong about the Number Six Lightning Style clones being solid (they’re not, All Might has Non-Physical Interactions specifically because they are not solid and are just superheated energy that can’t be touched normally), no one has even discussed that Deku just dodges the lasers because they aren’t faster than Homelander by 30x and just one shot blitz.

Also why is the dodging relevant if that isn't being used for speed scaling lol.
1) He has 3 different sources of heat resistance, one of which is tanking a fire attack from someone who could spit out 2000C fire as a kid before awakening his Quirk and training his BASE fire to be far hotter than that, let alone when he actually condenses it to vaporize Carbon Fiber (beyond 3700c feat btw) by just existing. Deku gets a blast to the face from him and takes barely any damage.

2) Homelander’s heat vision has dubious, near headcanon scaling to 3000c because he can threaten a guy with nuclear powers that people are assuming also can make nuke level temperatures, despite his nuke powers not being anywhere near that level in any of his feats so far displayed. Deku gets hit with beyond 3700c attacks and gets back up with minimal damage.

The dodging isn’t relevant to speed because neither Homelander or Nine’s laser attacks are literally light speed. They’re energy blasts. Of which Deku can dodge. Without prior knowledge.

5000 is for Bakugo’s nitroglycerin explosions, not the plasma. The plasma has no set temperature.

Also he scales to Dabi for taking a flashfire fist attack from him which can disintegrate carbon fiber. And for taking a lightning bolt strong enough to shut down an entire islands power grid despite hitting solid ground, for several seconds, with no burn damage.

The heat resistance of plasma comes from the fact that AFO users are able to touch plasma
But like, the character that touched plasma was allmight, someone who is miles ahead of Deku at that %
*OFA

All Might has the exact same resistances as Deku does when he’s using full cowl, percentage shouldn’t matter. On top of that, as has been outlined, Deku has other feats beyond the plasma feat that are still superior to the interpretation of Soldier Boy that he has the exact same heat as a Nuclear bomb, which isn’t supported anywhere to my knowledge.

Could you at least explain why?
Same Quirk, same powers. Percentage maybe affects the resistances, but nothing really supports that idea to mean it’s wildly different.

If Dabi punched 8% Deku with a flashfire attack, he would probably be worse off than if he was at 45%, but there’s not exactly anything to say how wide the gap is (on top of Dabi being 7-A so he’d flatten 8% with the force well before the heat).

And even without using AM’s feats, or hell even the Dabi one, he still has the feat of straight up taking a lightning bolt and not being burned by it alongside Bakugo. Just immensely hurt, and he already had been pierced with an laser and severely wounded in his base before that.

So without any other scaling, just 8%, is able to take Homelander’s heat vision. And if the opposition is adamant about it, then he just dodges like he did Nine’s laser beams, which are far better than Homelander’s unless the 3000 C heat argument for Soldier Boy is elaborated on.

Same Quirk, same powers. Percentage maybe affects the resistances, but nothing really supports that idea to mean it’s wildly different.

If Dabi punched 8% Deku with a flashfire attack, he would probably be worse off than if he was at 45%, but there’s not exactly anything to say how wide the gap is (on top of Dabi being 7-A so he’d flatten 8% with the force well before the heat).
All your explanation consists in the word "maybe". And well, at least you have agreed that percentage affects the level of resistance
he still has the feat of straight up taking a lightning
From a cloud
Lightning loses temperature and energy the further away it is
And I'm pretty sure that Endeavour considers 2000 degrees something powerful so eh

All your explanation consists in the word "maybe". And well, at least you have agreed that percentage affects the level of resistance
Almost like heat resistance isn’t properly defined outside of the feats for it, so there is 0 way to definitively say anything for certain. So yeah, it’s gonna be filled with maybe’s when the only thing present are feats.
From a cloud
And I'm pretty sure that Endeavour considers 2000 degrees something powerful so eh
What is the temperature of lightning when it hits the ground from a cloud. Deku was hit with a concentrated, prolonged stream of lightning, something that shouldn’t even normally be possible, and was not burned. I’m coming up with nearly 28,000 Celsius from a quick search.

The fire that burned Dabi, which was after he awakened so Endeavor probably didn’t even know how strong it was, set the forest on fire to 2000 degrees Celsius. All For One walked through it like it was nothing. And no, he never considered 2000C to be “powerful,” he just stated Dabi’s flames were stronger than his own from a young age/had higher potential. 2000 C just burned him alive when he tried to go all out because his body isn’t built for his own Quirk. That was him as a kid, not an adult who mastered Flashfire Fist and is stronger than Endeavor by a lot.

Dabi’s base fire is equal to Endeavor’s Flashfire Fist moves after years of training beyond the 2000 degrees statement. When Dabi goes Flashfire Fist, he vaporizes carbon fiber in seconds by just flexing his power. This is what Deku got actively attacked by when Dabi blasted him.

Endeavor is literally worse than Dabi in every way, his opinion doesn’t matter much to Deku.

From a cloud
That lightning bolt, even when absorbed mostly by Kaminari, was still capable of vaporizing rock. Which is really hot.

And Izuku didn't have any major burn marks on him. Homelander's heat vision isn't anything that'll kill him in one shot.

He's too unskilled, in comparison, to land a honest hit on Izuku either. Nine's lasers are far more complex than anything Homelander can do. So even if they were still a massive threat, I have 100% faith in Izuku in being able to move around his Heat Vision and still take him down.

I'll vote for Izuku as well, he can deal with everything Homelander can dish out.

“If he can dodge them”

Analytical Prediction, which Homelander has nothing to counter with. Ridiculously smarter than Homelander. Fought Nine who could shoot and control ten lasers at the same time. Could dodge them first try despite having no prior knowledge. Proceeded to dodge them again mid air and only got a small scrape.
My apologies, I meant to type if Homelander can tag Deku rather than Deku being able to dodge. I'm more than familiar with Deku's Analytical Prediction, matter of fact I was the first one to suggest the ability but got said CRT denied bc 2017 vs battles rules lmfao.
The only option going right now is “Homelander has beyond 3000 Celsius lasers because he threatened Soldier Boy who has nuke powers and therefore should have the exact same power and properties as a nuke,” none of which is even accepted on Soldier Boy’s profile because then he’d be scaling to a Nuke’s value not 8-B.
Uh no. What i said was true, notice how i never once said Homelander or SB have the heat comparable to that of a nuclear war-head. All I said was that SB's resistances come from nuclear stemmed heat, never once did I say nor Imply temperatures comparable to Nuclear war-heads.

You assumed that I meant nuclear heat = Nuclear war-head temperature, both are based upon the same concept but entirely different temperatures due to the physics behind them. Nuclear heat =/= Nuclear war-head temperature.

point being that most forms of nuclear heat are still >>>> Nitroglycerin ignigtion heat.
Unless you agree his powers aren’t the exact same as a nuclear bomb, through which he has no reason whatsoever to have the same temperature as them either.
Read above.

Deku FRA (the arguments against his heat resistance are really bad)
No, the only thing bad here would be Deku's heat resistance being sufficient enough to withstand HM's lasers.

First of all the pro-Deku side assumed HomeLander's LS were on the level of literal ******* nuclear bombs which work entirely differently than nuclear heat / normal nuclear heat. SB falls into the latter, which would still he enough to fry Deku if it were to come into contact with him.

My apologies, I meant to type if Homelander can tag Deku rather than Deku being able to dodge. I'm more than familiar with Deku's Analytical Prediction, matter of fact I was the first one to suggest the ability but got said CRT denied bc 2017 vs battles rules lmfao.

Uh no. What i said was true, notice how i never once said Homelander or SB have the heat comparable to that of a nuclear war-head. All I said was that SB's resistances come from nuclear stemmed heat, never once did I say nor Imply temperatures comparable to Nuclear war-heads.

You assumed that I meant nuclear heat = Nuclear war-head temperature, both are based upon the same concept but entirely different temperatures due to the physics behind them. Nuclear heat =/= Nuclear war-head temperature.

point being that most forms of nuclear heat are still >>>> Nitroglycerin ignigtion heat.

Read above.
How hot is “nuclear heat” then? What is the Celsius temperature

No, the only thing bad here would be Deku's heat resistance being sufficient enough to withstand HM's lasers.

First of all the pro-Deku side assumed HomeLander's LS were on the level of literal ******* nuclear bombs which work entirely differently than nuclear heat / normal nuclear heat. SB falls into the latter, which would still he enough to fry Deku if it were to come into contact with him.
Is it hotter than 28,000 degrees Celsius for you to make that claim?

Back