• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Grace) Do the Krump: Chelshia vs. Marge Simpson

How are they as skilled if not more? Cause I'll I'm hearing is that they have fought a lot of people for a long time. Which doesn't really account to bring more skilled than a police trained, boxer, with martial arts. I haven't heard any reason we should assume they are as skilled as her. Just that they have been fighting longer. And as far as fighting a fleet. Was that through actual skills, or the same way Mario can pummel through armies of Bowsers minions. Cause he is way stronger. On top of that, was this all at once, or is this a stage where to go around fight them around the map? Cause watching the gameplay. It's the last one. Which isn't Nearly as impressive as it's being output to be. Especially since watching this gameplay. She slaps people in a good hit To three. There isn't even a lot on screen. I've seen like up to 3 pirate characters actually being within the same screen. With the acception of when they just fill the screen with this guys who shoot cannons. And that's more bout her speed than skill. Thesw are those fodder like characters like Goombas, Koopas, MGS soldiers, Ect.

She bends her head a little downwards and smacks her from above. Or from the side. And there isn't much reason she would expect it as a weapon the first time. She would realistically get one hit in at the least with her hair. And the same could be argued about Chel. Her strongest attacks come from that one arm she has. That's far easier to telegraph which arm she gonna Punch with. Marge ain't limited on hers. She can swinging with all arms, legs, and hair.

Range that's kinda garbage since requiring to charge, making it easier to read and avoid, and has pretty weak range. 2 to 3 seconds is a large difference as that gives her that amount of time to react and dodge, or deflect back with her hair. i seriously seriously doubt she is gonna hit and run, hit and run, hit and run. Melee combat is gonna happen. She Can do that, but doesn't mean that's in character to do so, and gonna be her approach. And that sauce point also is completely wrong. It stopped a notably weaker cannon ball. A bullet which is notably stronger, yet still was entirely deflected. Why would it suddenly not deflect an attack that outputs less energy. That doesn't make sense. Chels attacks aren't far too powerful. They aren't even That powerful compared to marge. Her base form is way weaker than Marge, and her Berserker mode should still be weaker. So there's 0 reason it would not work

No. Chel is Building level and Can amp herself into Building+ if And only if she does Berserker mode. On Top Of that. She Takes Extra Damage when in this mode. And that's gonna screw her over. Marge was already able to do some good damage pre to that. Add in she is taking extra damage, and that's a night night. And She doesn't start in this mode. Pre to that, she still is taking a good amount of damage and not outputting as much. Even in Berserker mode She isn't even made stronger than Marge at that point. And even if she was. Her skill isn't nearly as impressive as it's being said. And the damage she would have taken pre to it, and the fact she will take even more damage when fighting in that mode. And her arm being much easier to predict, as that's the main basis of her attacks, and it's an eye sore to being obvious.

So yea. After going even more into the game. I'm way more convinced Marge wins. Starting out weaker, and her range attack being kinda garbage since it goes very small distance and has a charge time, giving Marge plenty enough time to react and dodged, melee combat being pretty unavoidable, and in character for her, Chels Berserker mode not only increases the damage She takes by a good amount, but she isn't nearly as skilled as Being made out to be, plus her still not likely being stronger than Marge with that mode on anyway, at best it puts them within equal footing, the characters she fights lots off aren't even in massive quantities when fighting (like 3 on screen with pirates at most), and are fodder characters which is Why she can mow through them, and Her main basis of attacks being vastly more predictable than marges.

Sticking with Marge. Stronger, tougher, Good enough training and skill, Chels Range is easily avoided and poor range, Her limits on which arm she can attack with leaves her a lot more predictable, and even in her Berserker mode, she isn't stronger, and starts to take notable more damage than she did before. And melee combat being very likely and unavoidable. Marge FTW

I can't believe this. she still has far more versatility than Marge and this is more or less an objective truth. Her fire attack could probably light Marge's hair on fire due to that much hair spray, we haven't seen her deflect anything more than a bullet and even then the profile makes it imply that she needs to apply hairspray beforehand and because of that she isn't going to get the chance to apply it before Chelshia continuously attacks her. You're completely ignoring half the things Chelshia can do. Her range may be poor but it's better than the no range that Marge has going for her, and it's not easily avoidable when she can just shoot it right into Marge's face.

Even if it's broken up into stages it's all done in maybe a day or two, but likely only one. This is because Chelshia wouldn't be the kind of character to give it a rest. Her beating four of the skilled pirates in one go is in the final boss fight, and yes they are skilled. Serpantina has been training her whole life (and you use Marge's training to prove her skill so you can't go back on that), Pacifica has been a pirate and likely received training since her early teens, Mimi is hundreds of years old and is actually undoubtedly skilled because she was in fact a magic teacher at one point before becoming a pirate and created her own brand of magic. Doroko outright states she's better than all the other pirstes (and she isn't exactly an unreliable source) and Ellena has literally never lost a fight before Chelshia comes around. A more skilled opponent means very little to Chelshia.

And you know, you can't say Chelshia wouldn't be as strong as her in berserk mode considering that the Simpsons don't seem to have an exact number (I can't find this other 8-C+ feat you're referring to), and even if she's not as strong she has to be within the ballpark where AP literally doesn't matter in that case, eliminating one of the advantages that Marge gets. Chelshia taking extra damage is likely game mechanics if I'm tbh because it doesn't decrease her durability because that wouldn't make much sense. She is likely 1.78 tons with her berserk mode giving her more than enough room to play around with, and she can still technically speaking withstand her attacks meaning durability isn't as bad as you would think it is. You're downplaying her a hell of a lot here.

And you didn't even touch on her invulnerability, which she can get into no matter what state she's in and not be touched in the slightest. Her ranged attacks aren't that bad. A two to three second charge period isn't going to be the end of the world for her and it's going to take Marge by surprise at first anyways because who the hell expects shit like that? Also she can slam her hand down on the ground to make a shockwave and trip up Marge as well, leaving her open for an attack.

I doubt that Marge is going to be an expert with her hair. How many times has she used it in a fight, exactly? If it's a limited amount of times we can't assume she'd be that great with it, especially if she only uses it once. Other people have said her attack reflection is still limited as well, so I'm certain that a saucy shot could get past it, especially if she outmaneuvers Marge to shoot at, you know, anything other than her god damn hair.

Her maneuverability is also something you're flat out ignoring considering that Chelshia could in fact just continuously out maneuver Marge with her speed amplifications and run away if she things she's going to be in trouble. Again, double jump, boost jump, speed amps that allow her to blitz, among other things. She's going to be running circles around Marge no matter how you slice it, and Chelshia is much more accustomed to combat and this kind of method due to having combat literally programmed into her and understanding what works and what doesn't.

Beating a professional boxer isn't comparable to the people that Chelshia beats. It sounds like Marge has only had a few good fights on her hands, and Chelshia has had many more, including the mayor of Ragazza town, who even states she could have handled the pirates on her own if Chelshia didn't. A perfectly capable and skilled opponent that Chelshia can beat, and has experience with characters like her that can do weird shit. Most of what Marge fights doesn't have powers like Chelshia and a lot of what Chelshia does it going to take Marge by surprise due to the lack of experience fighting anything supernatural and no amount of training can prepare you for something like that.

And also spamming range is actually a competent viable strategy even in game as shown by several of the boss fights who are a bit of a danger close situation such as Doroko, so it's not like she won't do a hit and run tactic when it can soemtimes even be preferred in some boss fights. Also yes melee combat might happen but she has a way to easily disengage by doing anything along the lines to a harpy boost, a speed amp, turning into her chest to surprise Marge before going away, just a saucy shot she charges in the middle of melee combat to surprise her. There are so many ways that Chelshia could get out of that situation should she need to.

I'm personally not impressed with what Marge has done, to be frank. It all seems incredibly situational or she needs some reason to do so, like when Bart was in danger, which is what Calaca said. She's not going to have such motivation, and I'm sure she's not going to destroy Chelshia like you say she is. Chelshia doesn't even start out that much weaker either. It's at most a three times advantage and she's dealt with people stronger than her like the much bigger and powerful Chibeara.

Higher stamina, higher mobility, comparable skills, likely more experience, actual range that can still be used, a way to light Marge on fire, ways to trip her up, the ability to close the AP gap, more versatility, the ability to get away should a CQC situation come through, and I believe comparable intelligence. those are the advantages Chelshia has.

Your whole argument is just that Marge is stronger therefor she wins, relying on training and skill which seems generally either not incredibly impressive, sounds situational, or doesn't apply too much. Just because she was trained with martial arts doesn't mean she knows everything about them, and according to you she knows like, only two martial arts. Karate and Boxing, which isn't really much, and MMA could literally just be a mix of Karate and Boxing as wel so unless you have specifics on what this MMA is I'm going to only assume she knows karate and boxing only.

She can't contend with Chelshia's versatility, surprise factor, or anything about her. I don't care how serious Marge gets. It's not like she's god damn Saitama where she's going to one punch Chelshia or anything like that. Hell, Chelshia even starts with more of an advantage as Marge doesn't want to fight right off the bat anyways so it gives her enough time to go berserk mode once she sees her attacks aren't doing as much as she likes.

Most things Marge does, Chelshia has a counter or a way to get around. Marge can't say the same shit for what Chelshia can do. One of the few advantages, being stronger and tougher, is gone due to berserk mode, her skill feats aren't overwhelmingly impressive, and training is arguably iffy. She knows martial arts, cool, but how she executed this knowledge matters a lot. So, really, Chelshia "FTW", thank you.

Saying "So, really, Chelshia "FTW", thank you." Doesn't suddenly change my vote, just so you know

I'll cover your other points as there are problems. Like a huge one here.

"Marge doesn't want to fight right off the bat anyways so it gives her enough time to go berserk mode"

Is very incorrect. Less she opens with it, it ain't gonna give her that much of any time. I already went over how her tolerance is with violence. When Chel attacks. Marge will attack back.

But I'll cover the rest of your reasons in a bit.

My votes still on Marge.

Marge's skill is good, but she has no evidence of being master at Karate nor boxing. I'd say her best skill comes from her police officer training and even then we have no great evidence of her H2H training as she relied on her gun mostly.

She also lacks experience in fights, so anyone with more experience would have a massive advantage over her.

Buttersamuri said:
Saying "So, really, Chelshia "FTW", thank you." Doesn't suddenly change my vote, just so you know
I'll cover your other points as there are problems. Like a huge one here.

"Marge doesn't want to fight right off the bat anyways so it gives her enough time to go berserk mode"

Is very incorrect. Less she opens with it, it ain't gonna give her that much of any time. I already went over how her tolerance is with violence. When Chel attacks. Marge will attack back.

But I'll cover the rest of your reasons in a bit.

My votes still on Marge.
If she's so willing to go into combat then remove the weakness from the page for gods sake. Also I talked to Calaca and he said that her best skill feat is beating that boxer person, which still doesn't seem as impressive as what Chelshia does so...yeah. I don't buy it. And apparently her karate and boxing skill is dubious because we don't see much of it at all so I'm even more not buying it.

saying "Marge FTW" doesn't really encourage anyone though, just so you know.

The Calaca said:
Marge's skill is good, but she has no evidence of being master at Karate nor boxing. I'd say her best skill comes from her police officer training and even then we have no great evidence of her H2H training as she relied on her gun mostly.
She also lacks experience in fights, so anyone with more experience would have a massive advantage over her.
This, basically. Chelshia has so much more experience in fighting, literally being made to do so, that it's not even funny.

I was over that point. I didn't Make the page. And I didn't add the weakness.

Marge FTW = Marge For The Win. I'm literally just saying I think Marge wins with that. I'm not trying to encourage anybody to do anything.

I know what it means. It still sounds condescending.

Just because you didn't make the profile doesnt mean you can't remove it. If it's relevant enough to be on the profile, however, it should be relevant enough in this actual combat situation.

plenty of people do it. Not even the first time I've done it. And there really isn't any problem with doing that

For the longest time I couldn't. The profile was locked for some reasons. And it's not like it's always on my mind about that one thing on her page and fixing it. When it got unlocked, I wasn't thinking "oh, I need to fix her weaknesses." When it got unlocked. I just was asking cause I recalled it being Locked which was an odd detail and requested it to be unlocked on the all purpose thread. It's not even a page I visit a lot.

Either fix it because it's apparently not an issue or recognize it as a relevant problem in this verses thread. If it's literally something she forgets about in five seconds that's hardly a weakness

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Jesus ******* Christ! Those walls of Text for a Simpsons Character of all things! Chelsia FRA.
Shit gets intense, what can I say?

I'm very defensive of my girl.

Back