• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GoW Hax Layers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do Kratos' 3-4 layers of soul/mindhax come from? I see it mentioned a lot, but it doesn't seem like it's been described in detail.

It comes from this:

5D = (Runic Magic/Primordial Magics = Jotnar Magic = Seidr Magic = Bifrost Magic = Vanir Magics) < Light of Alfheim < Energies of Tartarus < Magic of the Sisters of Fate

@Planck69 was supposed to make a scaling chain blog for magics and the cast but uh... forgot.

Fodder Monsters (Sirens) <<< Furies mental and illusionary torture<< Persephone MInd incap and BFR <<<<< Ares Psychic Mind Rape<<<<<<<< Fear Zeus Conceptual Mind Rape

There's also light of alfhiem somewhere in this.

Okay, I suppose the better question to ask would be WHY these are layers, because I'm not gathering much from just seeing the names of characters without elaboration lol

It comes from this:

5D = (Runic Magic/Primordial Magics = Jotnar Magic = Seidr Magic = Bifrost Magic = Vanir Magics) < Light of Alfheim < Energies of Tartarus < Magic of the Sisters of Fate

@Planck69 was supposed to make a scaling chain blog for magics and the cast but uh... forgot.
Y'all just ignored this...

Literally none of those profiles explain how the hax are layered.
Y'all just ignored this...
I'm still wondering why any of this is layered, though? I'm about to go to bed so I don't feel like checking more profiles, but I'm not confident about my chances if the other profiles are anything to go by.

Yall can't just throw out character names and a bunch of arrows lmao, there's gotta be some basis for this and I just wanna know what it is.

Literally none of those profiles explain how the hax are layered.

I'm still wondering why any of this is layered, though? I'm about to go to bed so I don't feel like checking more profiles, but I'm not confident about my chances if the other profiles are anything to go by.

Yall can't just throw out character names and a bunch of arrows lmao, there's gotta be some basis for this and I just wanna know what it is.
Character profiles aren't the place to go in depth about layering, they are indexes nothing more. GoW has 3+ blogs going over anything from cosmology to general magic and its applications on the verse page, and simply searching "God of War" on the wiki will show you the blogs as well.

Character profiles aren't the place to go in depth about layering, they are indexes nothing more. GoW has 3+ blogs going over anything from cosmology to general magic and its applications on the verse page, and simply searching "God of War" on the wiki will show you the blogs as well.
Okay, but if they don't explain the hax layers I'm gonna literally explode and die.

He wants to make you do a marathon of GoW blogs. Cheeky bastard i know.
I cannot possibly imagine being so petty that the idea of someone asking for elaboration on a point is seen as something to try and "own" them over.
If you feel the blogs and such aren't comprehensive enough you can make your grievances known to either planck or KLOL since they are the head honchos for those. Tbh my curiosity lies to what the catalyst for this thread it, seems intriguing.
I just wanna know where the hax layers come from??
Assuming you have done your due dilligence reading profiles, I will gladly elaborate...... after lunch break.
"Hax layer scans I shall give to thee, if you've read my profiles three!" that's not really how this works man. do you have evidence or not.

What the **** even is a "hax layer scan" LMAO

Do you seriously expect verses to explicitly mention hax layers in battleboarding language?

What the **** even is a "hax layer scan" LMAO

Do you seriously expect verses to explicitly mention hax layers in battleboarding language?
It's. a scan. that is evidence of hax being layered. it doesn't have to explicitly use to word layer, it just has to be any evidence of hax working against someone who resists that ability. Can you provide that or not?

Basic Runic Magic includes Seidr, which can corrupt and destroy the souls of both its victims and those who use it. You can see this on the magic explanation page.

Gods like Freya and Odin can use this without any sort of harm to themselves and their souls. You can see this in their resistance section.

The Light of Alfheim is the deadliest of primordial forces and can destroy the aforementioned gods' souls and dissolve them into itself, the same as any other being's soul that enters it. You can see this on the magic explanation page.

Kratos can tank that without any issue whatsoever to his soul. You can see this on his resistance section.

Said soul can be somewhat affected by the energies of Tartarus (though he later overcomes this) and Hades' Claws. You can see this on either Kratos or Hades' pages, I forget which.

The Spear of Destiny can destroy Kratos's soul with a graze, despite all of the above. You can see this on its page.

Anything else?

The Spear of Destiny can destroy Kratos's soul with a graze, despite all of the above. You can see this on its page.
Fun fact: Zeus also resists Hades' Soul hax and is completely impervious to them, yet for all this, the Spear of Destiny can just as easily kill him as the Sisters of Fate were freaking out on that front.

Also, can people start putting the barest minimum of effort into looking for stuff they want rather than spontaneously combust from not being spoon-fed? I get asking for directions on finding this info, but you can find the pages in less than 5 seconds.
Me every time people ask about GoW scaling chain when it's already discussed verbatim in the GoW Discussion Thread and in the profiles at large as well as the Explanation Pages and people still refuse to look and demand to be spoonfed.

Fodder Monsters (Sirens) <<< Furies mental and illusionary torture<< Persephone MInd incap and BFR <<<<< Ares Psychic Mind Rape<<<<<<<< Fear Zeus Conceptual Mind Rape

There's also light of alfhiem somewhere in this.
It's. a scan. that is evidence of hax being layered. it doesn't have to explicitly use to word layer, it just has to be any evidence of hax working against someone who resists that ability. Can you provide that or not?

1) Siren is a special grunt enemy in GoW games which have lore of driving people insane, seducing and mind controlling horny people and exploding brains. Just like in the myths, Kratos fights them in every game in some kind of variant. So basic fodder victim for Kratos.​

2) Furies are are enforcers in the verse, they torture the people who break their vows/oaths. Be they Gods, Titans or Primordials. Their standard tactics involve reality warping, iluusions, mind haxing and other edgy torture methods to break their victims.​

Kratos was victim to these torments untill he decided he didn't want to be victim anymore. So that's automatically another impressive layer of mental resistance and willpower.

3) Persephone is next, she can mentally incap Kratos and bfr his mind to someplace elsewhere, despite having immense resistance from Siren's/Furies before.​

Kratos breaks out of it before Atlas can smash while caught offgaurd.

Resisted Persephone trying to persuade him into letting the gods die[18])

So that's third layer.

4) Ares is the next sicko on the list. He is the most busted out of all.​

He can mind rape Kratos so thoroughly Kratos experiences tangible physical pain and injuries that he incurs in the raping done by Ares inside his mind. Like some sort of busted subjective reality torture.

By the time of last battle with Ares when Kratos had opened Pandora's box and absorbed Hope, Ares has to rely on physically recreating entire nightmare to **** with Kratos' mind. Even then Kratos retains his faculties without losing hope and goes on to defeat Ares. So there's your fourth layer.

5) Fear Zeus is the ultimate baddie, he straight up neg diffed Kratos, used his Fear itself to possess and infect Kratos' mind and shatter it. Kratos has his own inner mental character development moment which allows him to unlock Hope and shrug of Fear like it is some fodder grunt.​

This is all on an uber Type 1 Conceptual level because of how Hope and Fear work.

That's your last ultimate layer of Mind Manip resistance. The most astronomically broken one.
-----------------x------------------x-------------------

Hope that suffices your questions, and I hope my time was worth it. Because all of this could have been understood by Just reading Kratos's profile in like 5 mins.

Last edited:
And to add to Gilver's post, the reason why Kratos can break out after being affected for a while despite them being layers, is cause he has Reactive Evolution to hax that works mid-battle.

Also, good catch on these layers. It's actually higher than what I'd expected for some characters.

Don't listen to anything KLOL says in terms of discord messages, he has sent Arc the most horrid images possible, scarred the poor ginger boy.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if in the next game he gets some infinite layer Persona level bullshit through some statement on a promotional guide or something.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if in the next game he gets some infinite layer Persona level bullshit through some statement on a promotional guide or something.
The cookbook still traumatising people I see.

1) Siren is a special grunt enemy in GoW games which have lore of driving people insane, seducing and mind controlling horny people and exploding brains. Just like in the myths, Kratos fights them in every game in some kind of variant. So basic fodder victim for Kratos.​

2) Furies are are enforcers in the verse, they torture the people who break their vows/oaths. Be they Gods, Titans or Primordials. Their standard tactics involve reality warping, iluusions, mind haxing and other edgy torture methods to break their victims.​

Kratos was victim to these torments untill he decided he didn't want to be victim anymore. So that's automatically another impressive layer of mental resistance and willpower.

3) Persephone is next, she can mentally incap Kratos and bfr his mind to someplace elsewhere, despite having immense resistance from Siren's/Furies before.​

Kratos breaks out of it before Atlas can smash while caught offgaurd.

So that's third layer.

4) Ares is the next sicko on the list. He is the most busted out of all.​

He can mind rape Kratos so thoroughly Kratos experiences tangible physical pain and injuries that he incurs in the raping done by Ares inside his mind. Like some sort of busted subjective reality torture.

By the time of last battle with Ares when Kratos had opened Pandora's box and absorbed Hope, Ares has to rely on physically recreating entire nightmare to **** with Kratos' mind. Even then Kratos retains his faculties without losing hope and goes on to defeat Ares. So there's your fourth layer.

5) Fear Zeus is the ultimate baddie, he straight up neg diffed Kratos, used his Fear itself to possess and infect Kratos' mind and shatter it. Kratos has his own inner mental character development moment which allows him to unlock Hope and shrug of Fear like it is some fodder grunt.​

This is all on an uber Type 1 Conceptual level because of how Hope and Fear work.

That's your last ultimate layer of Mind Manip resistance. The most astronomically broken one.
-----------------x------------------x-------------------

Hope that suffices your questions, and I hope my time was worth it. Because all of this could have been understood by Just reading Kratos's profile in like 5 mins.

This was all I was asking from the very start. And no, it really couldn't have. Not sure why you're obsessed with acting like a prick over the most minor shit imaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back