• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deacon discovers a Mushroom Freak

Deacon arrives in Copeland's Camp, after receiving a call from Mark.

"Ah, Deek. Right on time." Copeland remarks

"I got here as fast as I could, Cope. Get to the point." Deacon blunts

"Straightforward today, are we? Alright, I'll skip the details." The Patriotic Conspiracy Theorist goes on to explain.

"Two of my men went missing on a suppy run, the last we heard from them was on Lincoln, Massachusetts."

"Massachusetts!? You know how far that is? That's one the other side of this country from here!" Deek bursts with outrage.

"Mankind will do the most ludicrous things to even have a few seconds of life, Deek. Like I've said before, I only run the camp, I don't tell folk how to live their lives." Copeland calmly replies.

Deacon facepalms and sighs "Do you know where exactly did you last hear them?"

"I believe one of them mentioned a highschool called Lincoln Highschool, should be close to a town not far from there. Though I should warn you, that town is booby trapped, so stay alert." Copeland cautions.

"Right, well thanks for the heads up, I'll be heading off." Deacon dismisses, however before he starts his bike and leaves the camp, he makes one last comment "One more thing, like what you did with Manny. Go to hell, Cope." Copeland rolls his eyes.

After a long grueling 2 days riding on the road, along with avoiding traps from the town, Deacon finally arrives to his location.

Deacon radios "St. John to Copeland, finally reached the place you told me to go to. Anything I should know before heading in?"

"Before we last heard from them, they were ambushed by Freaks they've never seen before. If I recall, one of them mentioned a few of them had mushrooms growing on their faces." Copeland adds in.

"Oh great, I guess the Freaks want to evolve with plants now. St. John out."

Upon studying his surroundings managed to get a lead and track down the missing campers, following the trail led to him climbing through a window. Deacon notices a military truck with no batteries, he assumes the survivors took them. He continues down a hallway where he discovers a couple of infected shot dead, The Mongrel Club member inspects the struggle and pictures what happened.

The campers were exploring the school when an infected dropped on top of one of them, which alerted more infected in the area. The two men fired until one of them ran out of ammo, so they both tried to escape.

Deacon moved forward following the trail of dead bodies into a science lab classroom, he unfortunately finds one of Copeland's men dead with a dead clicker next to him.

"St. John to Copeland, found one of your men. He's dead, got bit by one of those mushroom Freaks." Deacon informs.

"Damn it! What about the other one?" Copeland laments.

"Still finding him, can't be too far. I'll inform you later, Deacon out."

Deacon inspects the corpses and comprehends the struggle.

While the campers were catching their breath, one of them spared the other some ammo. A clicker suddenly attacked one of the campers from behind and chomped on a vital area of the neck. Before the camper's death, he managed to take the clicker with him, while the other bolted out of the classroom.

Once again, Deacon follows the track, he passes through a couple more dead infected until he reaches the gym.

What Deacon sees soon after left him shocked and disgusted "Oh, Jesus Christ."

He finds the other camper's horribly mangled corpse, eyes pulled out and a torn off jaw.

"Copeland, I'm sorry, the other camper he's-" Copeland interrupts.

"I know, Deek, I know. Just take whatever supplies they had and return here. Get this job overwith." Copeland instructs despondently

"I'll... be on my way." Deacon radios out.

As he was scavenging, Deacon suddenly felt rumbling from another room. He tried to investigate when the doors suddenly bursts open and came out a Bloater. The large infected bull charges at Deacon to his surprise.

"WHAT THE -? OH SHIT!!"
Deacon:

Bloater:
Deacon_st_john_vs_Bloater_20230329162941.png

• Deacon has his crossbow and a 9mm
  • Deacon has no incendiary bolts or molotovs
  • Fight takes place in Lincoln Highschool Gym
  • Speed equalized
  • Bloater is used

Last edited:
Back