• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
Introduction
So currently, the Goosebumps verse uses Splat Stats for scaling the strength, speed and whatnot of the characters. To sum up what "Splat Stats" are, it is basically the Goosebumps equivalent to those databooks for anime and manga characters. I have discussed this with people off-site (Tllmbrg and my friends) and we came to the agreement that it is a good solution to just remove them. But I want to go more in-depth with this, so sit back, because you are going to see a loser nerd out about a kids book series.

Why Strength & Speed Suck
There are multiple examples of the ratings contradicting feats and preexisting information. Allow me to show examples;

* The Horrorland Horrors scored a 10/10 on strength, yet they are so scared of Slappy (someone who scored a 6/10 on strength) to the point they actively keep Slappy happy, and can be defeated by dudes like Dr. Maniac who is equals with The Purple Rage, who scored a 8/10.

* Mr. Wood (someone who is equals with Slappy, (who scored a 6/10 on strength) defeating The Haunted Mask (Who scored a 8/10)

* The varying levels of speed across the Splat Stats; The Haunted Mask (5/10), Slappy (6/10), Captain Ben (3/10) and Inspector Cranium (4/10). Despite of much they differ in speed, they were all not only able to keep up with each other but outrun Byron (a Horrorland Horror, a race of beings that scored a 6/10 on speed).

These are just a couple of examples of how they contradict actual scaling that occurs in-story. This isn't even mentioning that if we follow these, these lead to ludicrous results, like a 8-A Haunted Mask, who has never demonstrated this level of power in any other source.

So it should go without saying, this form of scaling is pretty ******, so we should just chuck the speed and strength parts of these things into the bin. The only way I can see these being ok to use is if the character has practically nothing to use to scale their destructive capability (I.E. Scarecrows and maybe Monster Blood) but that's it.

Intelligence, Humor, Attack Skill and Evil
As for the other four parts; Humor is pretty much useless so I'll skip it. Intelligence, I can see it being used as supporting evidence for a character's intelligence rating, there are some cases where it doesn't contradicted already existing information but for the most part it comes out to strange results that don't seem right and aren't consistent with the character's actual intelligence feats, like The Lord High Executioner being above Horrors in intelligence (The Horrorland Horrors create futuristic technology, meanwhile the executioner is some guy in medieval times). For Attack Skill, not sure what to do with this one, not like it really adds anything, likely just remove it along with the others.

The only one that I would say is truly consistent is evil, just with the entities that scored a 9 or 10/10. The big main example of this being The Haunted Mask being able to make things die because of its evil (The Haunted Mask scored a 9/10 on evil), with The Evil Camera (a thing that scored a 10/10 on evil) being able to do the exact same thing but to Spidey in its respective book. So only one thing it scales is consistent but to a small degree since only three characters have such a high score on evil, otherwise it means nothing just like humor. To further hammer in the evil thing, evil has established to be some force that can give supernatural powers to particularly evil beings, with examples like Rip the Cat being able to come back from the dead because of his evil and Slappy being able to draw strength from his evil.

TL;DR
For the most part, remove all stats and powers that are solely on a character's profile because of Splat Stats. Simple.

Last edited:
Do the Splat Stats take hax into account? I feel like they're more scared of Slappy because of his abilities, rather than his actual strength. The Dr. Maniac stuff makes sense though.
No. If it did Slappy would be like a 10/10 while the Horrorland Horrors would have a much lower score since they have way less powers than Slappy. Same with a lot of other characters.

I will bring up one of the things that Weekly told me that remains as true for the verse he was referencing, Yu-Gi-Oh!, as it is for this.

Using arbitrary power levels is a huge misinterpretation of the Characters at large. Just as certain monsters in YGO should not be scaled based on their ATK and DEF stats, Goosebumps should not use these Splat Stats.

It should go without saying, but I do agree with the proposition in the OP. Nuke it all, within reason.

Ok so; Amelia (bit obvious that she found the implementation of Splat Stats to be dumb), ElixirBlue, Axxtentacle, Starter Pack, Armorchompy and Kieran think the CRT is ok. Nice.

Gonna wait a bit longer just so more people can voice their thoughts before I EE Splat Stats (assuming any more people will come over).

So that it is a widely agreed on CRT based on objective proof on Splat Stats being an unreliable source for all but one thing it measures to a little extent, would it be a good idea to just go ahead and apply the changes to the pages it applies to?

So that it is a widely agreed on CRT based on objective proof on Splat Stats being an unreliable source for all but one thing it measures to a little extent, would it be a good idea to just go ahead and apply the changes to the pages it applies to?
Yeah, it should be fine to apply.

Back