• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goosebumps chat (previously a Reality hole revision)

Gewsbumpz dude said:
Also, Slappy can regain his soul when it was sucked into the soul stealer. Wouldn't that count as resistence against Soul manipulation?. This does happen in Revenge of the living dummy and it even says so in the deviantart you guys used.
Maybe? Thought it was the Mind Stealer..? Haven't read the books in forever.

The mind stealer and soul stealer are two separate things. So this would in theory have resistence against both Soul and mind manipulation.

Also, might I add. To requote myself. Does this make sense and if so should we take this and add it to the Goosebumps pages.

"The book and TV show versions will go with each other since the TV show version is a retelling of the same story (some more accurate then others). And theoretically, since the movie slappy is a real world manifestation of the book Slappy, then we can add the movie version to that concoction."

I want assurance from someone that runs this joint before the pages are altered. Ever since HeadlessKramar came along and we had a little talk, I'm moving away from the idea of making seperate pages for the movie versions (so we can have some consistency since 2 out of 3 goosebumps monster pages also take info from the movie without making whole new pages) and from my knowledge the only 2 ways besides new pages to do that is either what I put on the table or make keys as HeadlessKramar suggested. Or just composite all of them anyway despite the complaints from other people.

Hm, that seems a little specified, honestly. To be frank, the movie versions and the books/TV show versions should be separated from each other, as Kramer said, in separate keys. I think a better way of writing this note would be to say...

"While the versions found in the book and TV show are generally the same, often with varying outcomes depending on which media you turn to, and should be combined together, the versions from the two Goosebumps movies are considered non-canon, and should be placed in a separate key from the book/television versions of the characters."

That sound good?

We should preferably not mix different continuities. It is against our standard praxis.

Ok, so we are basically breaking up all the versions of slappy. Even the book and TV show versions. Also speaking of different versions of slappy, should we also take the slappy from the video games into consideration. Even though the only notable ability is that he is aware of the 4th wall. But I think the book version would also have this since he is the narrator in the latest goosebumps series called SlappyWorld.

It depends on if the events in the different mediums are handled in a manner that is mostly not connected to each other.

In total, there are 6 games around goosebumps. Only 3 had slappy in it (in a major role). The first one, Goosebumps: the game, there really isn't anything notable besides that he can kill a kid with ease. He looks Identical to the movie but lets be real, the appearance of a character doesn't matter if its in a different canon. Its like saying that this version of Superma should be with this version of this Superma just because they look alike. The second game that came out the same year called Nights of scares. There isn't much here also except that he can 1 shot the player and that he can trap people in R.L. stine's magical type writer he looks just the same as the movie version but I just already went over how that doesn't really matter. Now for the third game, Goosebumps Horrortown. He doesn't do much physically but he constantly Talks to the player, He induces fear without even trying (this is shared with all the other monsters in the game), Brings life to a entire store of halloween decorations and maybe we can add a tricycle to his standard equipment. He looks far more like the original cover of the original book. We can't add these versions of slappy to the movie version, but maybe we can add all of the video game versions together as a seperate singular key. I honestly don't know if they are canon to the movie but my best assumption is that they aren't. But what I am sure of is that all these games are alternative canons, and maybe we can composite them as I said earlier. Even though there are problems with all of this, non-monster characters from the movies appear in Goosebumps horrortown and they all reference the movies and books. Not entirely sure how that would apply to canon, but maybe someone here would.

It is probably best to stick to the main canon then.

Are we just doing the books or are we doing the book with the other versions (TV show, movie and comic) as keys

If they didn't then its likely that people would complain about this Wiki's hypocrisy even more

Example: Danny sexbang isn't here because he is inappropriate but this is ok

I see that get thrown around in hate forums on different websites a lot

I would go on, but I'm gonna move on so I wouldn't get screwed over by the staff (despite what I've heard and seen I'm enjoying my time here, and my sole intention is to make the Goosebumps pages in this wiki better in any way possible because I'm one of those really hardcore goosebumps fans)

Gewsbumpz dude said:
Example: Danny sexbang isn't here because he is inappropriate but this is ok
Danny Sexbang was removed for being a stage persona, not for inappropriateness. If that were the case, James Bond would've been the first one to get the boot.

Also, by the way, I worked on the verse page abit. Hopefully it looks better than before now

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
Tbh I liked the book choosing thing it had going XD

I assumed it might be causing trouble in the future, as some books like Deep Trouble, Let's Get Invisible and Monster Blood had multiple monsters going on in it. Hell, Don't Go To Sleep actually has some of the strongest characters in the verse, but they couldn't be added as the cover was already used.

Makes sense. Another issue with some goosebumps characters is that some don't have much to go off of, like deep trouble for instance only has 2 notable entities. One being the mermaid that the only feat she has is that she saved Billy from a hammerhead shark and the other one being a sea monster that failed to kill Billy (a child) twice. Compare that with deep trouble 2 which has giant sea creatures and a giant crab. Then there's monsters that do have feats but are very unclear feats.

It's insane to assume you'd be able to add every monster ever to the wiki. Much more preferable to stick to the significant ones first, and work on up from there.

I'm currently working on a Haunted Mask profile, the possession gimmick might make it a fun character for the intelligence based characters.

Are you only going to go over the haunted mask itself?. Or going over both the haunted mask (without user) and the haunted mask (with user) and have them as seperate keys. Since possessing others is kind of the haunted mask's thing. If so should it have optional users (i'm mainly saying this since I think the idea of the composite human possessed with the haunted mask is badass). Having it being both a weapon and a stand alone creature.

The mask is a creature itself though, isn't it? So it should have its own profile.

The possessed characters have no quantifiable feats, and are regular humans from what I can tell, so no keys for that.

The haunted mask acts more like an evil inanimate object in the book. But we can assume that it is a creature if we compare it to the other haunted masks that are alive and can float around. And the best feat that comes to mind for the possessed is when Carly Beth put it on in The scream of the haunted mask to fight laura and survived a stampede of ghost horses while laura seemingly gets killed in it.

We can also assume that these ghost horses are stronger then average horses since superhuman physical characteristics are pretty common for goosebumps ghosts (a ghost child was able to rip off a head as seen in the headless ghost, making andrew craw in the process since he was the victim). And for what I know about regular horse stampedes, they can kill multiple people with low effort.

That seems more like Carly Beth's feat than the Mask's, since in the same book Laura died to the same thing while wearing the mask

Fair game (i'm going to assume that you are correct since I don't remember much about any horrorland books) I also forgot that the ghost stampede just passed through Carly beth and that laura is a ghost. I kinda feel dumb after re-reading that.

Side note: since a ghost was able to wear the haunted mask, would that mean that the haunted mask has non-physical interaction?.

Ghosts are weird in Goosebumps, as The Ghost Next Door and Ghost Beach easily prove.

Honestly as a verse, Goosebumps is extremely inconsistent, since it has multiple hierarchies controlling it which contradict each others' existence. But oh well..

I agree, goosebumps can be very inconsistent. To quote myself from another thread "this is the same series that had a yeti that can generate snow that instantly freezes living things but he can melt it away by hugging it, even though earlier he has been shown to still be capable of being frozen". You'd think since I can be called a goosebumps fanboy I would defend goosebumps religiously, but no.

Quote origin thread [[1]]

Back