• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goosebumps chat (previously a Reality hole revision)

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
I have a problem with the reality hole profile. Since I'm a goosebumps fan that is powerscaling the entire goosebumps verse (its surprisngly powerful) I decided to point out the issues of the profile. This isn't a attack or rant on the wiki or the people behind the profile, I'm just here to point out the issues in a polite manner. Also, please take this with a grain of salt.

Neither the book or TV episode said that Matt destroyed and rewritten the universe. He was sent to different realities (including ones where he was a giant godzilla like monster and a squirrel, in the book. None of this happens in the episode). I looked through the script and went through the Reality judge's lines and he didn't mention anything about destroying the universe. The closest things to that was that he violated subsection "C," Paragraph seven of the universal penal code crimes against reality and that he was charged with crimes against reality. I don't know where that would be on the scale (most likely in unknown I guess) but it still sounds nothing like what the profile says (It is hard to tell what he is saying because 90's editing). If someone can tell me where they got that from that would be helpful.

Extras

If there was a ranking system on which profiles that need a revision. The two at the very top would be The reality hole and Will Blake. From my information, werewolves in goosebumps are probably able to one shot animals like cows. But lets make it specific for Will blake. In the book he is capable of one shotting deer, and a young deer is already capable of overpowering and killing a full grown man which would probably still leave him at wall level. For durability, will blake was defeated by a dog named wolf (or Vandal in the episodes) but also in the movie he took a hit from a car that sent him flying and landed him in a dumpster. His best durability feat was that he survived a bus explosion in the movie as seen here . Yes he did regenerated back, but that shouldn't make it a feat that shouldn't be taken into consideration. And taking that in he should also have Regenerationn (type low-high). For some reason the only character from goosebumps on this wiki that has Regenerationn is the giant praying mantis from ASOSS and the camera from say cheese and die, even the Deviantart that they were using for Slappy says that he should be comparable to the other monsters that were blown into puddles of ink (and this wiki is pretty well known for having stuff like that, especially from the SkullGirls profiles before that update, except in this case it makes far more sense). I'm not gonna talk about slappy in this any further then that because that is a topic waiting to be touched another day. Everything else outside of those is well done (especially the giant praying mantis profile).

You know, I always thought that was a little strange, as I didn't remember hearing anything like that either about the Reality Hole. This could bring the Reality Hole to Unknown, but I need absolute certainty as to whether or not they're alternate realities that Matt was jumping to, or whether reality was being rewritten every time. This could determine as to whether or not the Reality Hole gets a possibly Low 2-C or not.

As for Will, considering the bit with possibly killing cows easily and taking bites from Vandal should give him a good boost to 9-B if he isn't already there. Though, as for the movie feats, I'm honestly unclear as to whether or not they should be used in the main profiles. I'd honestly rather see them separated into movie profiles, as they should, in no way, scale to their canon book/TV show counterparts. It's like saying the feats done by the animatronics in Five Nights At Freddy's should have scaling between their games and their books, which they don't.

You have a point with the reality hole, it is difficult to determine if its actually destroying the universe or its just sending him to a entirely different reality. Thats what most people in the goosebumps community believes, including internet personalities like jontron. Since it is a very confusing book (and the TV episode isn't much better).

For willy. You guys already have composite pages for most of the others. But I'm gonna say that we should have them as seperate pages since this wiki already does that with comic book characters, unlike something like screw attack *cough*green lantern*cough*.

Since there is no really definite answer, I'm going to go ahead and assume Unknown for the Reality Hole. I'll get that changed out once I'm off of a mobile device.

I'll also try to begin work on movie versions of the current characters we have on the site, so that can work out as well.

Nice m8. I'm willing to lend a hand if needed. As it says up at the very top I'm also powerscaling characters and objects in the goosebumps verse, hell I even have plenty of stuff already written down on my phone.

Hey, we need more Goosebumps representation on the site, so you know I could use all the help I could get.

I'm personally hoping a Haunted Mask profile gets made at some point, honestly. He doesn't do much AP-wise, but he's still a very neat character.

Well I'm always on by, is there like a DM thing on the wiki or do I have to send a link to a social media of mine? or is that even necessary.

I'm also hoping for a haunted mask profile, but my mine one would have to be either the masked mutant or a composite goosebumps ghost profile (a project I'm on)

Just make separate keys. Separate profiles aren't really need in this case if I understand correctly. Also, since I created the profile for the Giant Mantis, kinda sad it will be downgraded....to idk tbh. If we do add more profiles (that would likely have to include separate profiles for comics, tv, etc) Slappy's hax will be downgraded so maybe Chucky can win this time.

I didn't thought of doing that (mostly because I didn't know what they were at the time), thanks for bringing that up. If you have any negative responses towards the different profiles idea, we can use the key idea instead (and it would be much easier on everyone and in general it definitely eeems like a better idea then what we had). For the other points, I have a few ideas.

1. The book and TV show versions will go with each other since the TV show version is a retelling of the same story. And theoretically, since the movie slappy is a real world manifestation of the book Slappy, then we can add the movie version to that concoction. If so, his mind hax wouldn't change much since in Son of slappy he shown mind powers like how he can produce a sound that can hypnotize others at the very end And the mind stealer is self explanatory. This can also give the chance of finally updating Slappy's page (he is missing a lot of stuff like powers, entire feats, equipment like the mind stealer etc). The only problem is the comic book version since there doesn't seem to be a connection between this version and the other versions besides him just being slappy.

2. Being able to composite all the keys into one (least likely to happen if I'm being honest with you) so we can still have that fight against Chucky

3. Screw it, just composite all of them anyway, this wiki is already inconsistent anyway.

If you have anything to say then feel free to express yourself.

I also like to apologize if anything bad happens to the giant praying mantis profile. Even though I'm not the one editing it, it would be my fault since I brought it up.

Gewsbumpz dude said:
I also like to apologize if anything bad happens to the giant praying mantis profile. Even though I'm not the one editing it, it would be my fault since I brought it up.
Don't apologize it is fine :3

Tbh I feel like #1 is pretty good. Also seems to make sense. Also still waiting for the calc for the explosion Slappy tanks that one time.

Hopefully someone in the calculation group would get on that soon rather then doing someone on DC or Marvel for the 100th time.

To me, my best assumption would be 100 lb propane tank since they are capable of causing explosions similar to the explosion we hear about in I am Slappy's evil twin. Example (the content in this video may be disturbing) here.

If he did survive a propane tank explosion that destroyed a garage wouldn't make his durability 9-A (room level)?

Thats probably a stupid question

I don't know, Slappy's page is pretty flawed. Especially his AP. You can clearly see the kid in the coffin grab her by the back. No offense to the creators of the page, but seriously how did you miss that while you have a better feat on hand that also justifies 9-C, that being the fact that he can rip off someone's head.

Ue3vmnj

Gewsbumpz dude said:
If he did survive a propane tank explosion that destroyed a garage wouldn't make his durability 9-A (room level)?

Would need to be calced. It likely would scale to AP as he has fought characters r=that can harm him. Tbh I plan on adding Mr. Wood eventually, who scales to Slappy.

Gewsbumpz dude said:
I don't know, Slappy's page is pretty flawed. Especially his AP. You can clearly see the kid in the coffin grab her by the back. No offense to the creators of the page, but seriously how did you miss that while you have a better feat on hand that also justifies 9-C, that being the fact that he can rip off someone's head.
That had been brought up before...though ripping of a head is now 9-B soooooooo

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
Gewsbumpz dude said:

Would need to be calced. It likely would scale to AP as he has fought characters r=that can harm him. Tbh I plan on adding Mr. Wood eventually, who scales to Slappy.

Gewsbumpz dude said:
That had been brought up before...though ripping of a head is now 9-B soooooooo

1. Fair game, I'm also hoping that one day I would be able to make a few pages on goosebumps characters (mainly the masked mutant) but now I'm stuck with blogs.

2. I already seen Starter Pack's thread on it, and I'm surprised that it is still the same. And I didn't know that. I was going through old threads and I saw the head feat and 9-C being thrown around.

Yah I've been going through this thread and I'm seeing a lot of stuff that should have been included, I'm impressed (I didn't even know slappy can crawl on walls until I rewatched the episode)

Also, Slappy can regain his soul when it was sucked into the soul stealer. Wouldn't that count as resistence against Soul manipulation?. This does happen in Revenge of the living dummy and it even says so in the deviantart you guys used.

Back