• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gon Freecss VS Rock Lee

• Starting Distance: 10m
  • Both in-character
  • Equalized speed
  • Post-Training Greed Island Arc Gon | Part I Lee

Gon: 4 (@GodlyCharmander, @Popted2, @Nierre, @Shmeatywerbenmanjenson)
Lee: 2 (@CiscoTheSoto, @rawXDglomp)
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Speed doesn’t have to be equalized for this match. Both of them possess comparable speed: Gon scales to Mach 42, and Lee upscales from Mach 29, so you should probably specify that Lee starts without his weights. Gon’s AP is 41.85 tons, and Lee upscales from 18.58 tons.

Lee can amplify his strength and speed by five times with the First Gate, and the amplification is higher with the second and third gate. Gon can also amplify his attacks with Ryu and Ko, though they don’t amplify his speed.

Since Gon has a slight strength and speed advantage, he’d probably be able to overpower base Lee after an exchange of blows. Seeing Gon’s power and skill would likely encourage Lee to open the First Gate. Lee’s barrage of kicks and his Hidden Lotus could seriously damage Gon, though I don’t think it would be enough to finish him. If Gon still withstood the Hidden Lotus, then Lee could just open the next two gates and pummel Gon at speeds he wouldn’t be able to counter.

I’m voting for Lee.

Gon somehow just sits around and let Lee do his thing. Voting Lee.

Oh hell nah.

First, Jajanken should not be restricted. He only had Rock at this time, so it's weakness is literally too hindering for you to restrict it.

Gon definitely has the skill advantage here. His superior speed will prove to be of great use, as Gon is extremely skilled in hand-to-hand combat, and his Accelerated Development reaching levels where he can keep up with opponents that overwhelmed him in speeds means that this gap will widen further more.
Lee doesn't use his first gate right away, no. Some altercation will occur between the two.

Let me just be clear, Gon does not have Ryu and Ko in this key. And he doesn't scale to 43 tons. He downscales to 11 tons. You should restrict gates in general, otherwise this is a stomp.

I think the rule is restricting amps can only be allowed if the amp jumps the character to a new tier. In this case, Lee’s first three gates increase his AP by an unknown factor between 8-B and 8-A, so they can’t be restricted.

Yeah they said that in the thread and the peeps there still said no thats not how it works. Unless yall are 100% sure thats how it works either dont restrict it, or ask a mod, cuz ion think anyone wants to waste their time on uncertain premises.

Gon has the superior skill, being able to discover workarounds of his weaknesses on the spot, and rapidly adapting to his opponents level of skill like he did with Knuckle. He is also is capable of using his opponents own mentality against him like he did with heavens arena, on top of being capable of predicting with precision patterns and attacks that are said to be impossible to predict (pretty much Analytical Prediction with Danmaku).

He is also faster, so he will read Lee like a book, his Nen attacks are not going to do monstrous damage, but it will certaintly hurt. Even then, Gon is fast to adapt to superior levels of strength, quickly adapting to Knuckle who could kill him with one punch if he so wished.

I believe Gon takes this.

Without the Gates, I think Gon would win due to his superior skill, adaptability, and higher speed. Gon can actually use Nen to assist him, whereas Lee can only use chakra through the Gates. If Gates were unrestricted, I think Lee would win, though I don’t think it would be a stomp. I still think an admin should confirm the rules about this.

Also, this match can't happen with Yorkshin Gon, first, he scales to baseline 8-B, 11 Tons. Which in itself isn't a problem, but Yorkshin Gon is also Mach 5, not Mach 42. That's Post-Training.

Also, this match can't happen with Yorkshin Gon, first, he scales to baseline 8-B, 11 Tons. Which in itself isn't a problem, but Yorkshin Gon is also Mach 5, not Mach 42. That's Post-Training.
The speed gap isn’t that substantial, like a 5 or 6 value difference. Or potentially just keep Lee’s weights on, since Lee upscales from Mach 1.19. Or just equalize speed. I just like doing unequalized speed matches.

"A 5x or 6x speed difference isn't that substantial"

Do you even math?
Ok fair enough, though I've seen other threads where people blatantly ignored the speed difference. And I mean, I was just trying to ask if a 5x or 6x speed difference is so much that he'd be completely blitzed? Gon's dealt with opponents faster than him before.

Ok fair enough, though I've seen other threads where people blatantly ignored the speed difference. And I mean, I was just trying to ask if a 5x or 6x speed difference is so much that he'd be completely blitzed? Gon's dealt with opponents faster than him before.
Lee can speedblitz, dance around Gon, and play cards against an afterimage before the latter can throw a punch, of course the gap is too much.

Imagine yourself fighting someone 2x faster than you. You’d get slammed, but you could prolly get a couple hits in. 3x faster than you? Sheesh you’d be lucky to touch them. 4x+ onwards, im sorry at that point give up.

A 4x + speed difference is 100000000% enough to speedblitz, thats basic logic.

Imagine yourself fighting someone 2x faster than you. You’d get slammed, but you could prolly get a couple hits in. 3x faster than you? Sheesh you’d be lucky to touch them. 4x+ onwards, im sorry at that point give up.

A 4x + speed difference is 100000000% enough to speedblitz, thats basic logic.
They literally can throw 4 punches in the time it takes you to throw one. It's absurd

Bump (so either speed needs to be equalized for Yorknew City Gon, or you change the key back to post-training Greed Island, keep speed unequalized, and allow Gates for Lee)

Okay, Lee can absolutely win if he uses the gates.
Problem is, he does not do it in character, not after fighting for a while and figuring if he needs to or not. Post Greed Island Gon has shown he's willing to finish battles as soon as he figures a way out.

With his significant margin in Lifting Strength, Speed RPL, and Skills, he is likely to just cripple Lee by crushing him until he pops, which is something he does in character. This is likely to occur before Lee uses any of his gate (and thus, winning). Also, with Ryu and Ko, Base Lee will not be able to damage Gon's body due to his aura increasing his attributes in the very places he hits.

Gon takes this. Lee has the gates as a wincon, he's just not likely to use it before he loses.

I already mentioned this before, but with these keys speed doesn't have to be equalized, since both have comparable speed. Just makes things more interesting.

Back