• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

No Chakra? No Cursed Energy? Maki vs Rock Lee

Maki vs Rock Lee
Rules:
  • Peak 8-A Rock Lee and maki used
  • Equalized Speed
ef6cef0b4d1c71e3af813c11296fd460dc239ee6r1-473-357v2_00.jpg

Maki: @Blackdragonq1 @Sir_sun_man
Rock Lee:

Last edited:
So to start this off, I think Rock Lee should overpower Maki with his 5th gate but I think he would use it as a last straw or in a combo like he did with Gaara. I think that Split Soul Katana might be a little big too OP in this scenario, but I will wait until the discussion starts before I restrict it to make it balanced, or maybe im wrong and Maki needs it to win.

Before getting into the merits of the Split Soul Katana, who would be the most skilled here?
Well, I would say that Maki is more skilled than Rock Lee. Ofc Rock Lee is doing some crazy training, but Maki is 2 years older and she is also training alot (Not as much as rock lee but still) + she has expirience from fighting strong opponents meanwhile i don't think genin's are often used in missions where they have to fight (Not counting wars).

in terms of skill id def say Lee ( at least H2H) , not only is Lee consistently praised to be one of the most skilled Taijutsu users in the series even from veterans within the series that have years upon years of experience, hell rock lee achieving as many gates as he did is just straight up an outlier in the ninja world even among people like Kakashi who is absolute genius in most regards.

Maki should accept that. Even without the Katana, his Analytical Prediction, Regeneration and piercing ability with his weapons would be triumphant, since Lee only has Taijutsu in his favor.

Lee scales somewhat below 224 tons (garaa's send cofin against kimimaro has this result, which lee should be considerably below)
Maki scales to substenitally above 230 tons (mahito's body repel which yuji and todo managed to take head on has this result and maki outscales these two put together by a country mile)

So maki has a small AP advantage here (since AP scaling is very strict the difference here is less than 2x, like 1.7/1,8x difference in maki's favor)

Oh and I am voting maki here she should be able to keep up with lee in H2H (although worse than him overall) and she has abilities that would allow here to outlast him and predict all of his moves.

If lee manages to go into gates he would still lose, mainly because of maki's regen and massive level of endurance (I mean she had her guts spilled and cut open, her eye
slashed open, her head cut, massive internal damage and she still managed to utterly oblitirate the zenin clan without a second of rest just pure slaughter)

Oh and if maki has full acess to the soul split she wins by defult, her analytic prediction and weapon skill would allow her to catch lee out very early on and one tap him with the soul cutting, durability negating katana.

So;
pure hand to hand no weapons = maki 6/10 times she has a rough time but she outlasts and outmanuvers at the end of the day.

with weapons = maki 9/10 times

Lee scales somewhat below 224 tons (garaa's send cofin against kimimaro has this result, which lee should be considerably below)
Maki scales to substenitally above 230 tons (mahito's body repel which yuji and todo managed to take head on has this result and maki outscales these two put together by a country mile)

So maki has a small AP advantage here (since AP scaling is very strict the difference here is less than 2x, like 1.7/1,8x difference in maki's favor)

Oh and I am voting maki here she should be able to keep up with lee in H2H (although worse than him overall) and she has abilities that would allow here to outlast him and predict all of his moves.

If lee manages to go into gates he would still lose, mainly because of maki's regen and massive level of endurance (I mean she had her guts spilled and cut open, her eye
slashed open, her head cut, massive internal damage and she still managed to utterly oblitirate the zenin clan without a second of rest just pure slaughter)

Oh and if maki has full acess to the soul split she wins by defult, her analytic prediction and weapon skill would allow her to catch lee out very early on and one tap him with the soul cutting, durability negating katana.

So;
pure hand to hand no weapons = maki 6/10 times she has a rough time but she outlasts and outmanuvers at the end of the day.

Counted

Can’t lee at least knock Maki out or this becomes a stomp?
As Sir_sun_man said, Rock Lee has a small AP diff so it should be a problem for him to knock her out. I think that Rock Lee has a chance to win. I might make it H2H combat if needed to give lee an advantage but I dont think its allowed

So;

I don't understand the "if Lee manages to go into the gates part" he actually starts this match in the first gate at least. Coz his base is 8b

I don't understand the "if Lee manages to go into the gates part" he actually starts this match in the first gate at least. Coz his base is 8b
oh wait yeah you're right.

Ok so eh, maki washes him bad 4th gate lee (the 8-A key) has absolute shit stamina and endurance (The guy was snapping his bones and ripping apart his muscles within like 2 minutes of fighting) so yeah lee's chances of winning here went from kinda possible to a 99% chance of a loss

Might be a stomp honestly, I'll look through the profiles a bit more tomorrow.

oh wait yeah you're right.

Ok so eh, maki washes him bad 4th gate lee (the 8-A key) has absolute shit stamina and endurance (The guy was snapping his bones and ripping apart his muscles within like 2 minutes of fighting) so yeah lee's chances of winning here went from kinda possible to a 99% chance of a loss

Might be a stomp honestly, I'll look through the profiles a bit more tomorrow.
Lee has one heck of an speed amps with gates even if you say his stamina sucks.

Lee has one heck of an speed amps with gates even if you say his stamina sucks.
dude, he starts in gate 4 (the gate where he actually gets 8-A)
his only amp is gate 5 which will lead to a quick breaking of his arms and legs and the total decipation of his muscles and the speed amp here will not be enough to actually overcome maki's analytical prediction

my man is getting cooked.

Last edited:
dude, he starts in gate 4 (the gate where he actually gets 8-A)
his only amp is gate 5 which will lead to a quick breaking of his arms and legs and the total decipation of his muscles and the speed amp here will not be enough to actually overcome maki's analytical prediction

my man is getting cooked.
I don't think that's how it goes. Matches starts with base status and amps are used after that. So his base stats would be 8-B.
8-B, higher with the First Gate, 8-A with the Fourth Gate, higher with the Fifth Gate

Peak 8-A Rock Lee and maki used
This actually means that Lee begin with all his gates in 8-A open, so if the op intention was to say that Lee begin at fourth gate (which is 8-A) but can open another gate like the fifth, or if the intention was that Lee begins with no gate opened (so 8-B) and thus can amp himself with all the other gates, then the op need to modify the key used.
I don't think that's how it goes. Matches starts with base status and amps are used after that. So his base stats would be 8-B.
No, if certain tier or state are stated in the op then the character start like that, so for example X character who only is Y tier in Z transformation will start at Z transformation if the op said X is Y tier, through the same principle in this match Lee start at his fifth gate due to be specified peak 8-A Lee.

This actually means that Lee begin with all his gates in 8-A open, so if the op intention was to say that Lee begin at fourth gate (which is 8-A) but can open another gate like the fifth, or if the intention was that Lee begins with no gate opened (so 8-B) and thus can amp himself with all the other gates, then the op need to modify the key used.

No, if certain tier or state are stated in the op then the character start like that, so for example X character who only is Y tier in Z transformation will start at Z transformation if the op said X is Y tier, through the same principle in this match Lee start at his fifth gate due to be specified peak 8-A Lee.
I might be misunderstood this rule then. Idk man didn't knew we can separate AP within same key.
  • Even if a character has the potential to reach a certain tier, the use of any tier between that tier and the one it scales to is not allowed. For example, Avatar of Calamity cannot be used in a vs thread with a tier between High 7-A and 2-A or Unknown and 2-A depending on the used key.

I might be misunderstood this rule then. Idk man didn't knew we can separate AP within same key.
  • Even if a character has the potential to reach a certain tier, the use of any tier between that tier and the one it scales to is not allowed. For example, Avatar of Calamity cannot be used in a vs thread with a tier between High 7-A and 2-A or Unknown and 2-A depending on the used key.
Yeah, you misunderstood because that rule is not related at all with this situation, that rule is for say, for example, that a character like Hulk that can go from 5-B to 3-C can't just arbitrarily be used in a match when he is at 4-C, despite teorically speaking him being able to reach and fight at that tier. In the rule example of the Avatar of Calamity it is to say that a match can't be done with Avatar at tier 6-B.

It's very different to a situation like Lee where he have concrete transformations/power ups/amp specified in the profile, because in this case the op is able to choose one of those concrete amps. For Lee case to fall under that rule it would be needed that the op specified some stupid shit like that Lee start at exactly 100 tons, instead of the 224 tons of fourth gate, through some partial fourth gate openning or a 3.5 gate openning, due to him teorically being able to be at some point in a state where his energy level is at 100 tons. An example somewhat absurd, I know, but was the one I could think to try to illustrate it.

Basically, no in-between tiers are valid, just the tiers and values specified in the profile, as well as transformations/power ups/amps also specified in the profiles.

Then speed will be equalized at gate 4

Nobody talks about surfbone katana a lot. Maki can boost attack speeds during a sword swing for extra power. Since Maki has a considerable AP advantage while also has the advantage in piercing/slash damage. Maki takes this. Not even going to mention the analytical prediction and insane mobility with not just her athleticism but her ability to interact with air to dodge moves mid air.

voting Maki

Voting Maki. Even if she loses out in skill, it doesn't really mean much compared to Analytical Prediction + Split Soul Katana

Back