• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You could help by voting too.
My vote basically is the same reasoning as the one before. Though Gon does have the chance to defeat Lee before having the chance to activate the Gates, I believe that Lee is skilled enough to hold his own against Gon, considering he easily defeated Sasuke with Sharingan, who himself is also a very experienced combatant that managed to get Kakashi to actually focus during the bell test because of his hand-to-hand combat skills. The moment Lee realizes how powerful and skilled Gon is, he'll activate the Gates, and Gon won't stand much of a chance.

My vote basically is the same reasoning as the one before. Though Gon does have the chance to defeat Lee before having the chance to activate the Gates, I believe that Lee is skilled enough to hold his own against Gon, considering he easily defeated Sasuke with Sharingan, who himself is also a very experienced combatant that managed to get Kakashi to actually focus during the bell test because of his hand-to-hand combat skills. The moment Lee realizes how powerful and skilled Gon is, he'll activate the Gates, and Gon won't stand much of a chance.
You think Lee is skilled enough to not get grabbed by Gon at least once?

What multiple methods.
At this point in the story his emission still sucks, he stands still and tells you he is going to do his rock paper scizzors whenever he does it, his other attacks are no way near as strong.

What multiple methods.
At this point in the story his emission still sucks, he stands still and tells you he is going to do his rock paper scizzors whenever he does it, his other attacks are no way near as strong.
He's referring to Gon's superior hand-to-hand combat skills and analytical prediction which he believes is enough to defeat Lee before he activates the Gates.

What multiple methods.
Plain ignorance, first, Gon has learned to circumvent his weakness multiple times in the past as shown with Knuckle (where he quite literally outskilled him and managed to connect a Jajanken), second, Gon has a massive LS Advantage. He can just crush Lee to death, which he does IC.
Third, Ryu. Gon can multiply the strength of his punch three or four fold, and one shot Lee if he can balance out the risk of lowering his defense.

He can just crush Lee to death, which he does IC.
The only time he crushed his opponent was against a Chimera Ant, a monster who specialized in rolling attacks and who literally charged into him, so it was just the easiest option for Gon at the time. He's never utilized any crushing attacks or grips against regular people, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Plain ignorance, first, Gon has learned to circumvent his weakness multiple times in the past as shown with Knuckle (where he quite literally outskilled him and managed to connect a Jajanken), second, Gon has a massive LS Advantage. He can just crush Lee to death, which he does IC.
Third, Ryu. Gon can multiply the strength of his punch three or four fold, and one shot Lee if he can balance out the risk of lowering his defense.
He still powers up jajaken literally announcing he does it and standing still. Its part of its weaknesses. That's how nen works. Lee is not so stupid he's going to stand there and be hit.
Crushing is a good method though.

He still powers up jajaken literally announcing he does it and standing still. Its part of its weaknesses. That's how nen works. Lee is not so stupid he's going to stand there and be hit.
Crushing is a good method though.
He doesn't have to announce it for his fake feint, it would certainly be enough to trick Rock Lee given the dude literally cannot see Nen. it's stated as such on his abilities and techniques.

Either way, between this, and Gon outskill, I think we should call more people to vote

He doesn't have to announce it for his fake feint, it would certainly be enough to trick Rock Lee given the dude literally cannot see Nen. it's stated as such on his abilities and techniques.

Either way, between this, and Gon outskill, I think we should call more people to vote
If he doesn't do the rock-paper-scizzor thing the technique is weaker. That's the rule of his nen. Rock can see a guy standing in one spot and move away because that's just the obvious thing to do, he doesn't need to see Nen to see a fist.
That said, as I said, crushing probably works.

If he doesn't do the rock-paper-scizzor thing the technique is weaker. That's the rule of his nen.
It's not. Jajanken Aiko allows Gon to muster twice the amount of his regular nen to perform two full power Jajanken moves in quick succession as long as it's not two rocks. Gon used this to nearly knock out Knuckle, who literally knows his weakness to a T, and made an entire essay on it on the same battle. He still fell for it.

Literally read the god damn profile.

Gon uses paper, Lee can't know a ball of Nen is coming his direction. Gon follows the Nen ball like he is trying to attack Lee, Lee would ready himself to defend against Gon's assault, would be hit by the invisible nen ball, allowing Gon to use a feint and apply the full power Rock, which would absolutely demolish Lee.

Lee sees him standing still doing weird **** with his hands and moves because that's literally also how things work in his own verse. Jajaken's projectile has both pathetic range and power anyways. He barely ever uses it in HxH, its specifically stated to be something he's bad at.
But Lee still gets crushed and loses so I don't know why you're so obsessed with this irrelevant argument.

Lee sees him standing still doing weird **** with his hands and moves because that's literally also how things work in his own verse.
He would dodge a rock, he has to reason to dodge paper, he doesn't see it
Jajaken's projectile has both pathetic range and power anyways. He barely ever uses it in HxH, its specifically stated to be something he's bad at.
Gon uses it for strategy. Also, Chi would end Lee's life.

It has pathetic power compared to rock, still 2.5x above Gon's baseline AP. (1/4 of Rock)
But Lee still gets crushed and loses so I don't know why you're so obsessed with this irrelevant argument.
Because you're effectively spreading misinformation about a character that's regularly used in Versus Matches, even though you're not intending to.

He doesn't use them in character before he is overwhelmed in base (and doesn't use them in general if Guy doesn't allow him to), Gon can defeat Lee with multiple methods until then
He uses the first Gate and the Front Lotus pretty freely, even against opponents he had physical advantages against like Sasuke and Dosu.

He also used the second Gate when he was about to die. His rule is to use the higher gates in a time of need, so if he's overwhelmed, he'll definitely go for it.
Although, I don't think he'll really need to since the 1st Gate will already give him a speed and AP advantage (outside of Gon's Low 7-C stuff)

You think Lee is skilled enough to not get grabbed by Gon at least once?
Lee has faced an opponent whose entire win condition was grabbing and crushing him (Gaara), so it's not like he'll be helpless against this strategy. He's very good at evasion and whatnot.

Also, he's got his own form of Analytical Prediction where he can read the attack patterns of multiple opponents and insert himself exactly where they'll be in order to counter them (though it hasn't been added to the profile yet). And is perfectly capable of fighting Sasuke and outskilling him, with Sasuke having his own form of predictive power and great h2h skill.

Not really voting, but I thought I'd clear some stuff up about Lee.

Also, he's got his own form of Analytical Prediction where he can read the attack patterns of multiple opponents and insert himself exactly where they'll be in order to counter them (though it hasn't been added to the profile yet)
👀👀
oh? this sounds interesting

Also, he's got his own form of Analytical Prediction where he can read the attack patterns of multiple opponents and insert himself exactly where they'll be in order to counter them (though it hasn't been added to the profile yet). And is perfectly capable of fighting Sasuke and outskilling him, with Sasuke having his own form of predictive power and great h2h skill.
Yes, that sounds pretty relevant. What's this ability based off of? Like during which of Rock Lee's battles?

Back