• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gon Freecss vs Monkey D. Luffy

Gon Freecss vs Monkey D. Luffy
  • Battle Location: Greed Island
  • Starting Distance: 20 meters
  • Both in-character
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Skypiea Saga Luffy and Adult Gon are used

Gon:

Luffy:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Gon’s AP: Much higher than 462 kilotons, higher than 4.62 megatons with Ryu and Ko, higher than 9.21 megatons with Jajanken

Luffy’s AP: Higher than 650 kilotons, 1.3 megatons in Gear 2, higher with Gear 3

Last edited:
^
Oh boy, Adult Gon's on a time limit. Will give input later when the first match is over.
Yea I thought that would be a big problem. I’m not sure how long the time limit is. I think it’s like 15-20 minutes, maybe? I honestly have no idea. I could make them bloodlusted, though Adult Gon is kinda already bloodlusted.

Yea I thought that would be a big problem. I’m not sure how long the time limit is. I think it’s like 15-20 minutes, maybe? I honestly have no idea. I could make them bloodlusted, though Adult Gon is kinda already bloodlusted.
Good thing the Chimera Ant arc has a literal timer attached to it-

I imagine this thread is probably gonna be much less divisive compared to the other one in favor of Luffy, unless I switch Luffy’s key to Enies Lobby, which I’d been considering.

Basically all of the same things that regular Gon does except with greater power, a bigger AP gap, and a time limit. And in this fight, now the gears play a factor.

Basically all of the same things that regular Gon does except with greater power, a bigger AP gap, and a time limit. And in this fight, now the gears play a factor.
Big Oof. He also has a much better explosion manipulation.

too bad it can't be a pure stats match like the other one was.

Would luffy even be able to survive a rock this time? Because I have seen clips of adult gon, especially his nuclear/atomic bomb blast of a rock

Here, the AP gap between Gon and Luffy is more negligible in their regular states, and Gon is again superior to Luffy using Ryu and Ko. I believe in this case, Gon takes much less time to charge Janjanken than he did in Greed Island, and if Luffy gets hit by it, he’s done for. Luffy had the speed amp and greater AP using his 2nd and 3rd gears, but he can’t maintain Gear 2 for very long, and I believe Gon could quickly adapt and react to Luffy’s speed, since he has reactive power level and could fight against the faster Knuckle eventually.

Personally, I think Luffy would win in this one. Gon’s transformation just doesn’t last long enough, and it would be much harder to catch Luffy with his speed amp. Gon has some good wincons, such as his Scissors and Rock, but I’m not sure he’d be able to land these attacks on Luffy in time. Luffy also still has the greater LS and could use BFR to throw Gon out into the distance.

I’m considering changing to Enies Lobby Luffy because there, Gon is much stronger in base and could probably easily take out Luffy with his attacks, but I’m not sure if I should.

Last edited:
Here, the AP gap between Gon and Luffy is more negligible in their regular states, and Gon is again superior to Luffy using Ryu and Ko. I believe in this case, Gon takes much less time to charge Janjanken than he did in agreed Island, and if Luffy gets hit by it, he’s done for. Luffy had the speed amp and greater AP using his 2nd and 3rd gears, but he can’t maintain them for very long, and I believe Gon could quickly adapt and react to Luffy’s speed, since he has reactive power level and could fight against the faster Knuckle eventually.
I dunno bro, the time limit of the form seems pretty jarring.

Gear 2 and 3rd at this point in the story put a massive strain on Luffy if Luffy went for gear 3 he would become small if the attack misses or does not take Gon out then Gon would take him out but adult Gon has a time limit for this fight and Luffy not someone who will go down easily adult Gon power being stated by Pitou to be on the level of pre rose Meruem if not stronger due to him being a enhancer I want to say Luffy will just outlast Gon I think a problem with this fight is we never saw the full potential of adult Gon like we don't know what his scissors or paper would look like or how powerful they would be and we don't see him make use of the other nen techniques due to being so much stronger than Pitou
Scissors and Rock, but I’m not sure he’d be able to land these attacks
Luffy can't see scissors or paper so that makes landing them much easier but even if Luffy tried attacking Gon while he does the charge up Gon likes to use jajanken charge up time for feints in his adult form he'd be better at doing this

Not sure I think Luffy wins

Last edited:
Not like he can realistically use it without immediately losing to Gon due to the drawbacks, but it's aight.

Also, Gon's 550 Kilotons, he's upscaled.
Ryu and Ko, 5.5 Megatons
Jajanken is 6 Megatons, upscaled as well. Dunno where you got 9 Mt from.

I'm not sure about the time limit either. It's about 15 minutes before his Nen goes "Lol, **** you boi"

Also, Gon's 550 Kilotons, he's upscaled.
Ryu and Ko, 5.5 Megatons
Jajanken is 6 Megatons, upscaled as well. Dunno where you got 9 Mt from.
On Gon’s Profile, it states that Gon’s Janjanken is City level. I wasn’t sure the AP for this, but I thought it would be double Ryu and Ko. Not sure why I thought that.

Well, either way, Luffy might be faster, and can combine his gears. What does Gon have? ( I don't watch his series, so I'm just looking at his page rn. )

Well with the new revision for Luffy's profile, things have changed. Thriller Bark Luffy is now 7-A, so I'd have to change the key to Skypiea Saga Luffy, who's Low 7-B. Though with that, Luffy would probably win then, since Gon's only Low 7-B with Ryu and Ko and if he doesn't protect himself he'd get seriously injured by Luffy's attacks. Not to mention Gon's stamina is significantly limited, so he'd have to end the fight really quickly.

Gon’s Jajanken Scissors is really dangerous here, but he telegraphs when he is going to do a move and Luffy has good instincts. Adult Gon’s main weakness is his time limit and the fact that he no longer cares about himself. Luffy will be a lot more careful in avoiding attacks. In character, Gon would probably try to pummel Luffy, which wouldn’t work.

My vote goes for Luffy here.

Back