• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Golden Goddesses Tiering .

TeenAngel101 said:
So, unfortunately, Goddesses are getting Low 2-C.

But on the bright side, High 4-C's are becoming 4-A.
<When Link legitimately beats Cloud with Equal speed.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I am fairly certain that Termina isn't even a place where you can apply normal cosmology too. Considering that:

A) It's a dream world

B) It has a relatively small moon which has a face
Dream Worlds are now valid? Ajimu Najimi is at least 4-A, then.

So, what are the conclusions here?

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
"So, apparently, Termina is a world created by Skull Kid using the power of Majora's Mask based on his own memories and wishful thinking/imagination (a la Koholint Island), hence the similarities between Hyrule and Termina. The Gaints, also created by the mask, are the representations of the spirits that Skull Kid had a deep connection with, but left.
The dawn of the new day is pretty much a reflection on Skull Kid's mental state when he accepted that people can still be friends even if they are far apart. Since Skull Kid is now happy and the mask is rid of all evil power, the moment Link leaves Termina the land ceases to exist. Also, it seems that Skull Kid learned Saria's Song directly from Saria, and the origin of the mask is still not specified (could be from Hyrule, at least not from Termina)."

source.
XD, It's funny because I'm a long-time member of the Zelda Universe community, and I vividly remember this thread months ago. That being said, it should be noted that Hyrule Encyclopedia's (i.e."the new book") validity is being viewed with a grain of salt by the Zelda community, on the grounds of it not actually being written by Nintendo staff (like the case for Hyrule Historia), but instead, by one of their japanese subsidiaries that gives their "interpretation" of the lore. So...take of that what you will. Zelda canon is...tricky. That should not be a secret to everybody.

Regarding the Triforce > Majora. In A Link to the Past, Ganon can tank Silver Arrows, under the circumstances of not being stunned by the Master Sword, whereas Majora is stunned by Light Arrows all around. Silver Arrows are generally considered superior over Light Arrows since they can actually deal the death blow on Ganon contrary to Light Arrows.

it not actually being written by Nintendo staff (like the case for Hyrule Historia), but instead, by one of their japanese subsidiaries that gives their "interpretation" of the lore.

So not only was it made by people who don't actually work on the Zelda games, but it's also just their own personal interpretation?

I think 4-A Majora is out of the question at this point.

Okay, so this is a moot point.

High 4-C's are staying where they are and the Goddesses are getting Low 2-C. Guess there's nothing else to talk about.

So, is anybody experienced willing to adjust the profiles for the goddesses?

I will do it, but before i need to know by Azathoth if the Immeasurable speed is 100% legit.

Ah well, I guess I'm content with it (it hurts but hey, there'll be a day).

Personally I'd opt for them to be placed in the "unknown" tier since, as per my understanding of this wiki's standards, "observable" stats and feats takes precedence over anything else, and there is literally little next to nothing that speaks on anything about the Goddesses that definitively meets the criteria here (hell, even their true domain of where they even reside is ultimately unknown).

But yeah...could they at least be acknowledged as being possibly and/or likely higher? I mean it is stated that Nayru created the concept of science, magic and nature itself in A Link to the Past, which seems to suggest that concepts and their functions within reality are just an application to the principle of "Wisdom", and again we don't know where they really reside as it obviously couldn't just be "Heaven" since Link traveled there in several games and hasn't come across them.

@Dark649

You can ask Azathoth to comment here if you wish.

@Matthew Schroeder but my question, so to speak, was getting an understanding of whether or not conceptual manipulation quantifies to the possibility of a higher level than just universal. I'm not saying that they should be placed higher, rather could they "possibly" be higher, because of what is stated about Nayru and her ability to create concepts like time. Or is "conceptual manipulation" just a low 2C feat alltogether? What's the consensus on that cause I don't know.

Well I just read the page on it, and Nayru fits the criteria for it as there is a concrete statement of her creating time, science, magic, and generally the nature of all things in reality that comes to mind. But the page doesn't really summarize what tier it ranges from and up to.

After looking at this thread here for extra feedback it seems that no one seems to have a definitive answer for it, so I guess I'll just leave it alone.

Back