• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku's got a new hack

The manga is still canon, so i don't think it would make much of a difference if it happened in the anime. In fact, the anime would probably f#%k this epic scene up since Toei can't do anything properly.

The manga is secondary but we can take things as long as they don't contradicted by the anime.

I geuss at best he would get a possible Hakai on his page and just say "Goku has only displayed this ability in the manga and has yet to show it in the anime".

Was this really translated to Hakai?

I have to disagree. The manga isn't secondary. The anime is. Toriyama is still the author of the manga. He only doesn't draw it because he's too old. And Toyotaro said that he sends every single page to Toriyama, and if Toriyama doesn't like something, he tells Toyotaro to change it and how exactly to do it. And when the chapters are completed, they discuss them every month. He has much more control over the manga than he has over the anime. All he does for the anime is giving only the main script without details. And Toei is filling the blank spaces. That's basically how it functions. So since Toriyama is much more involved with the manga, it's clearly superior to the anime.

I geuss Hakai isn't just a God of Destruction thing anymore, well if you go by the manga anyway.

LOL, I'm still trying to wrap my head around Goku having legitimate hax.

IKR. I didn't expect to see Goku using actual hacks. I love it.

Yes. In the Kanzenshuu which isn't an official source. It's a reliable source, but not an official one. And i don't think you can take that seriously since the manga cannot be an adaptation of the anime since it came out first. How can something be an adaptation of another thing which doesn't exist yet? I just can't see how is it an adaptation.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Its already stated that the manga is an adaption of the anime.
This isn't actually true, it was stated that manga and anime are independently of each others. Manga is an adaptation, but not of the anime, if not the outline.

This isn't actually true, it was stated that manga and anime are independently of each others. Manga is an adaptation, but not of the anime, if not the outline.

Really? Well what I proposed up top might still work regardless. The profiles we have are based on the anime but I don't see much of a problem with adding things they do in the manga unless it gets contradicted by the anime (which this is not). So I think we could put this on his page but put a note that clarifies he only used it in the manga.

I think it would be best to make a separate manga profile. There are too many differences, as well as Goku's anime profile becoming extremely cluttered.

Aiden is right, both medias differe much, at least until this arc (I think Toyataro is in charge now). Is either separates profiles or composite, the last one is unlikely.

Although the scaling in the manga is horrendous, due to the fact that SSG is a transformation, there's no way to really tell how powerful someone is. Even with Vegeta spamming SSB, it was only 1/10th of Goku using SSG against Hit in the manga.

In the anime, SSG was a benchmark so it was much more simple.

Eh the scaling in the anime is much more horrid to me but this is not the place to discuss this I guess. Maybe things will change in the future.

I don't agree with some of the anime parts, like KKx10 Champa Arc Goku being > Black arc, when we see post-Black Arc Goku break Hit's Tokitobashi without kaioken, and stalemating him.

I also don't agree that post training Vegeta > Black, when Black improved right after than, and had them against the wall with his scythe hax.

Among many others,

The manga doesn't account for BoG arc SSG Goku, and how is Black < SS Vegito, when Goku needed to use SSG to one shot Trunks, and Black was beating the brakes off of Trunks?

Other than those things it seems relatively correct. It would help if there was a number value as well, but oh well.

Composite profiles when.

Anyways, we are still denying various feats from the anime.

Like Vegeta bust8ng the hyperbolic time chamber. And vegeta having fourth wall awareness.

Goku bust8ng hit's timeline

We've also got Goku resisting destruction energy in the new episode. A composite profile would be great. Xenoverse Goku's power, Anime Goku's Hax Resistance, and Manga goku's Hakai.

I am uncertain about a composite Goku profile. It is a matter for a separate thread, I think.

Uh guys, something similar happened in the anime today where Goku survived a Hakai-esque attack from Sidra. We should probably focus on that rather than the Manga, since the page does focus on Anime Goku, and not Manga Goku.

I will also start a staff only discussion about whether we should allow a composite Goku profile, scaling from his highest statistics.

Composite Goku would be a cool idea. A good idea to include his other apperancec that haven't been used but are still official. I can think of quite a few secondary canon versions which could be notable for sure for there showings.

It seems redundant though, given that it almost, but not quite, follows the anime.

It is entirely possible that we will allow a composite Goku profile though, and that would likely reach 2-C or 2-B level power.

I do agree that anime is the primary source and would factor heavily in any Goku profile, but then again we are missing any info on multiple game versions, manga etc, and power wise the games have some substantially higher levels for him, some diffrent forms even, also the manga has some significant diffrent hax and showings to recently.

IMO it's a good way to at least have those showings in the wiki in some way so it doesn't seem they are being ignored or are not known by the wiki staff, without making a seperate profile for all the versions.

Well, as our Alternative Canon and Composite Profiles page states, we do not allow multiple alternative canon profiles with no distinctive different histories, or notability, alternately do not display any particular personality, since they come from fighting games or similar.

A composite profile might work though, and would incorporate all of them.

Back