• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku vs superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, because unless otherwise specified, all 2-A cosmologies are the same size. So they both upscale from the same feat only Goku does so to the point of oneshotting.

All I know is the Deathbattle was inaccurate due to the fact it used feats not used with the version of Superman they said they were using.

Yes, because unless otherwise specified, all 2-A cosmologies are the same size. So they both upscale from the same feat only Goku does so to the point of oneshotting.
Except it's "unless specified" here, as DC has a much bigger cosmology. And again, show me the note that says cosmology size doesn't matter. And how does Goku upscale?

Except it's "unless specified" here, as DC has a much bigger cosmology. And again, show me the note that says cosmology size doesn't matter. And how does Goku upscale?
It has to be proven that more universes are treated to be superior. Otherwise infinite*infinite*whatever is just meaningless word salad, which is the case with DC Comics.

You're asking me why Xeno Goku has a scaling chain? Because now, that's what matters.

It has to be proven that more universes are treated to be superior. Otherwise infinite*infinite*whatever is just meaningless word salad, which is the case with DC Comics.

You're asking me why Xeno Goku has a scaling chain? Because now, that's what matters.
I mean, 2-A is infinite on default. The case with all multiverse+ tiers

Dunno the exact scaling but come on, it's DBH. Even then, Goku either starts at SSJ4 and oneshots or just transforms and oneshots.

This is the powerscaling chain for Xeno Goku, though this isn't mine and it comes from Ottavio_Merluzzo so keep that in mind:
Limit Breaker SSJ4 Xeno Goku >
SSJG Trunks >= Dark King Mechikabura >>>>>> SSJ4 Gogeta >>>>>>> Old Mechikabura >>>>>>> Dark Broly = Final Form Mira = SSJ4 Xeno Goku > SSJ3 Xeno Goku >>>>>>> Gravy >>>>>>> Base Xeno Goku > Chamel > Demigra (Transcended Demon God) > Demon God Demigra > Base Demigra (DBH) >>>>>> Xenoverse Demigra (TokiToki absorbed) = Baseline 2-A

Q: Is destroying multiple infinite multiverses a better feat than destroying a single one?​

A: In spite of what our intuitions may tell us, destroying or otherwise fully affecting multiple infinite-sized multiverses is in fact not a better feat than doing the same to a single infinite multiverse, and thus, not above the "baseline" for 2-A

The reason behind this is that the total amount of universes contained in a collection of multiple infinitely-sized multiverses (Even one consisting of infinitely many of them) is in fact equal to the amount of universes contained in a single one of the multiverses that form this ensemble: It is countably infinite, as the union of countably-many countable sets is itself countable, and thus does not differ in size from its components. Thus, only an uncountably infinite number of universes actually makes any difference in terms of Attack Potency, at this scale.

This illustrates some of the more unintuitive properties of sets with infinite elements: Namely, given a set X, it being a subset of another set Y does not imply that Y > X in terms of size. An example of this is how the set of all natural numbers contains both the odd numbers and even numbers, yet all of these sets in fact have the same number of elements.

However, such a feat may indeed qualify as stronger if the verse itself treats it as such.

Q: Is destroying multiple infinite multiverses a better feat than destroying a single one?​

A: In spite of what our intuitions may tell us, destroying or otherwise fully affecting multiple infinite-sized multiverses is in fact not a better feat than doing the same to a single infinite multiverse, and thus, not above the "baseline" for 2-A

The reason behind this is that the total amount of universes contained in a collection of multiple infinitely-sized multiverses (Even one consisting of infinitely many of them) is in fact equal to the amount of universes contained in a single one of the multiverses that form this ensemble: It is countably infinite, as the union of countably-many countable sets is itself countable, and thus does not differ in size from its components. Thus, only an uncountably infinite number of universes actually makes any difference in terms of Attack Potency, at this scale.

This illustrates some of the more unintuitive properties of sets with infinite elements: Namely, given a set X, it being a subset of another set Y does not imply that Y > X in terms of size. An example of this is how the set of all natural numbers contains both the odd numbers and even numbers, yet all of these sets in fact have the same number of elements.

However, such a feat may indeed qualify as stronger if the verse itself treats it as such.
Multiple infinite multiverses doesn't equal a bigger cosmology. Plus, the time trapper actually did destroy "every possible future" but one. Isn't this uncountable?

He's far weaker though and has no instant win conditions here. Goku just oneshots.

"One of those DC Fanboys" okay, also I thought this is post crisis superman but anyways there's many reasons superman would beat Xeno goku and post flashpoint superman is likely higher than 2-A, but if here also we debate according to profiles then Idk

Yes. He's slightly above baseline in scaling I think but nothing compared to Xeno Goku.

There's a scaling chain somewhere in this thread. Suffice to say, he's several dozen times stronger at the very least.

Strongest 2-As are characters from Dungeons and Dragons.

Aren't controversial matches like these prohibited? This exact matchup is used as an example for a controversial match up on the Versus Thread Rules page:
  • Try to avoid controversial matchups, such as Son Goku versus Superman, as they recurrently lead to hostility between different members.

There's a scaling chain somewhere in this thread. Suffice to say, he's several dozen times stronger at the very least.
Goku's:
Limit Breaker SSJ4 Xeno Goku >
SSJG Trunks >= Dark King Mechikabura >>>>>> SSJ4 Gogeta >>>>>>> Old Mechikabura >>>>>>> Dark Broly = Final Form Mira = SSJ4 Xeno Goku > SSJ3 Xeno Goku >>>>>>> Gravy >>>>>>> Base Xeno Goku > Chamel > Demigra (Transcended Demon God) > Demon God Demigra > Base Demigra (DBH) >>>>>> Xenoverse Demigra (TokiToki absorbed) = Baseline 2-A
Superman is:
rebirth superman(after sun dips)>>>>>>>World Forger=Anti monitor>Spectre(without the boost)>Nabu>Kent and Inza Nelson> the Baseline 2A

I mean, they had a clean match-up a while back that was completed so I think it should be safe now.

Besides, no one has been hostile so far and I think the time of mindless debates over these guys has long since past.

Well, I meant on the wiki. There's inevitably going to be those people closing their sanity of these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back