• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku vs Superman - who is more good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by the title of this thread, this doesn't seem like a battle but more like whos more righteous between Supes and Goku.

Then Goku has it, he at a bowl of nails for breakfast...... without any milk, each nail had the pain of 293487777777723487929387492837423 Superman x the number of multiverses, 52, also the purity of Shrek. That was only to save a person.

I know this is a fun in games board, but this is still a controversial thread. Some people could still see this as who's the better character or better hero; both of which are just as controversial as saying who would win in a fight.

I really thing we should close this before it gets out of hand.

Then I think that Superman is more righteous, Supes is the perfect boy scout

Goku cares about fighting a worthy opponent than anything else.To the point that he would let his enemies power up even though he could have just beaten them when they were weaker

@DarkDragonMedeus This doesn't have to get out of hand, just don't appeal to the actual comics or series as proper justification, this is a fun and games thread, where people can make stuff up.

Or, and this is the better option, people could realise this isn't serious and share opinions with no consequence, within conventional rules though.

Goodness isn't something we can mesure and it heavily depend on how you interpret the character's action, you can easily interpret superman's action not as good but as egotistical and condescending, he put his own moral belief above the safety of the people by not just killing his ennemies for exemple and clearly just consider that he has to be a super hero because he consider that nobody else could do it, it's not bad but it's not good

same for Goku, any act of goodness he has can just be explained by Grandpa Gohan having just told him that it's what he should do, not because he actualy want to do something good or even care, just like a sociopath who has been properly taugh in ethics, that's not bad but it certainly mean he isn't really good, his pure heart can also be used in that way since someone 100% pure can do horrible thing without a care, like a child can or like Zamasu did (he is confirmed as having a pure heart)

so yeah, this question can't really be answered

Superman is an actual hero.

Goku cares more about fighting than anything else. Even though heroes are supposed to dislike unnecessary violence. I'm pretty sure he just saves the universe because it lets him punch things.

TeenAngel101 said:
Superman is an actual hero.
Goku cares more about fighting than anything else. Even though heroes are supposed to dislike unnecessary violence. I'm pretty sure he just saves the universe because it lets him punch things.
Heroes disliking unnecessary violence is just your personnal opinion

nope, DBS, DB, Toriyama and Goku's voice actress made it clear : he likes fighting and doesn't actualy actively go around searching to save thing but he can't stand to see innocent get hurt, especialy if they can't defend themself, that's why he still end up saving the day despite lacking the hero complex that most protagonist have nowaday

if we try to interpret why they save the univers, i could just as well say that Superman get involved into saving the univers because he feels so much better than everyone that he think the univers can't be saved without his personal involvement

That's your personal interpretation which isn't a fact, Superman doesn't save people just to boost his ego.He chose to be a hero because of the values instilled in him by the Kents, when he became a hero he decided to use his powers for truth, justice and of course, the american way.

Superman and all Super Heroes have the stupid belief that killing the bad guy is wrong, which then leads to the bad guy eventually escaping their imprisonment and proceeding to go on a mass spree killing thousands to millions depending on the story line. Honestly Goku does far more good despite being a selfish warrior, it's ironically Superman's boy scout personality which causes more atrocities to happen within the world.

So surprisingly, I vote for Goku.

TheSandman31 said:
That's your personal interpretation which isn't a fact, Superman doesn't save people just to boost his ego.He chose to be a hero because of the values instilled in him by the Kents, when he became a hero he decided to use his powers for truth, justice and of course, the american way.
wich is exactly what i mean, both way to see it is just our interpretation, so this question can't be objectively answered

yeah, no, the whole american way thing was officialy dropped years ago, most version of superman don't do that anymore

I have an idea how we can make a goku vs superman without generating framewar, and just do so. each member can comment once with their opinion and vote, members should use their own arguments On the basis of wikia, the members can not name other members and theard must be closed after 3 days what do you think of this format for this type of vs

Superman is a better person than Goku. Goku is willing to let his entire planet, family, and friends come into harm's way just to fight. He is completely fine with characters that have kill counts in the high billions roam around so long as he can punch them every once and a while.

While Superman can be naive and not kill someone that he needs too, he is still trying to prevent them from running wild and will not risk everything for his own selfish thrill.

TLDR Goku isn't a hero and is a pretty scummy character in general.

@assault you do know that you're also voting for a person that's part of an organization that lets criminals that goes on on mass killing sprees live right?

And they always get out in the end. and cause more destruction, which is pretty counter intuitive to what a superhero's moral code is.

Ah, my long post got eaten, but I actually did have my own thoughts to why I don't think Superman is as just as people say he is.

Edit: Superman has actually done more unfamous things than Goku has; take this video and this one for example.

The Bronze age era of Pre-Crises Superman has actually quite consistently potrayed him as a pretty bad guy. And the very few not so heroic things Goku did are forgivable either due to his childhood innocence or social naitivity.

Also, while Goku has allowed some planet busting terrorist to live, he did it more than just him wanting a good sparring partner; he also believes that taking lives is not right. And some of those people he spared turned out to be allies in the end. Superman also allowed terrorists to live, and that cost him the lives of a lot more people in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back