• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ryukama said:
@LoudCloud this is getting far too speculative now. Which do you think is more likely?
That the 3 times Kirby struggled against a Multi Solar System entity, he was not only holding back (which this is already speculation since nothing in the story states or suggests he is holding back. Just that his natural naivety does not take the dire situation itself seriously) but that he was also using only one 10 septillionth of his power? Or that the 1 time Kirby beat a Universe Level being is simply an outlier?

Look at all these leaps and assumptions you are making. "What if Kirby is holding back?" "What if Kirby is secretly restricting himself by the septillions?" "What if Sectonia is Universe Level despite absolutely nothing suggesting this?"

What if this is just an outlier? You are severly complicating things and constantly throwing away logic just for a character to be at a level he has consistently shown not to be at. Imagine if we upgraded every character by the septillions out of pure speculation? Every profile here would be an absolute mess and no one would take us seriously.
When you consider that Kirby isn't even effected by the multi-solar system attack in ANY way. At all! Not even a tiny flinch! Yeah, I'd say he is holding back. https://youtu.be/uu60izB4tbY?t=2m55s

@LoudCloud at this point it seems to me that you are wanking, the very evidence you produced has Kirby being damaged and flinching at 3:20 for crying out loud. Even if the evidence didn't have him flinching, it would still not be proof that hes holding back to such extremeities.

SomebodyData said:
@LoudCloud at this point it seems to me that you are wanking, the very evidence you produced has Kirby being damaged and flinching at 3:20 for crying out loud. Even if the evidence didn't have him flinching, it would still not be proof that hes holding back to such extremeities.
Wouldn't that just be gameplay mechanics. Similar to Mario getting killed by a goomba?

Hey, I'm just playing devil's advocate. I plan to write a new thread about this anyway, but arguing with different points.

Just because Kirby can tank that MSS attack doesn't mean he can tank all MSS attacks. Tiers are EXTREMELY broad. Kirby had gotten hurt by other characters of similar power, which consistently would put him in the 4-A range.

Also I said earlier that he could likely be holding back at times, but saying he holds back by the SEPTILLIONS is an extraordinary claim. And for extraordinary claims you need extraordinary evidence, which you have far from provided.

Upgrading Kirby to Universe based off tanking that MSS attack is no less absurd than making Saitama Multi Galaxy for tanking being thrown though a building.

@Loudcloud if you consider it to be gameplay mechanics after this is disproven: "When you consider that Kirby isn't even effected by the multi-solar system attack in ANY way. " it really sounds like wank

Devil's Advocate? You are not at all playing the devil's advocate, do you know the definition of a devil's advocate?

Ryukama said:
Just because Kirby can tank that MSS attack doesn't mean he can tank all MSS attacks. Tiers are EXTREMELY broad. Kirby had gotten hurt by other characters of similar power, which consistently would put him in the 4-A range.
Also I said earlier that he could likely be holding back at times, but saying he holds back by the SEPTILLIONS is an extraordinary claim. And for extraordinary claims you need extraordinary evidence, which you have far from provided.

Upgrading Kirby to Universe based off tanking that MSS attack is no less absurd than making Saitama Multi Galaxy for tanking being thrown though a building.
But I don't understand this. So Kirby being hurt by a waddle dee or Mario being killed by a goomba is just "gampleplay mechanics", but whenever a boss does it, it's counted as an actual limit to their durability? What's to stop me from saying Kirby getting hurt by Dark Nebula's later attacks is just "gameplay mechanics" and that his Magolor feat is the real deal?

@LoudCloud Umm I never once agued game mechanics. I am simply saying that this is an outlier. Also enemies within a game and bosses that are portrayed within the cutscenes and storyline are completely different. Waddle Dee and Goombas are gameplay enemies. Magolor and Nebula are bosses. So you cannot sau Nebula is game mechanics and Magolor is not.

You see, obviously characters will never be entirely consistent. For indexing powers we need to take the median of their abilities or what they have shown to be capable of the most amount of times.

Most of Kirby's showings portray him as a MSS entity. Just like how we have to discard ridiclous lowballs that make him vastly weaker such as getting hurt by an umbrealla, we need to discard ridiculous highballs that make him septillions of times stronger.

Ryukama said:
@LoudCloud Umm I never once agued game mechanics. I am simply saying that this is an outlier. Also enemies within a game and bosses that are portrayed within the cutscenes and storyline are completely different. Waddle Dee and Goombas are gameplay enemies. Magolor and Nebula are bosses. So you cannot sau Nebula is game mechanics and Magolor is not.
You see, obviously characters will never be entirely consistent. For indexing powers we need to take the median of their abilities or what they have shown to be capable of the most amount of times.

Most of Kirby's showings portray him as a MSS entity. Just like how we have to discard ridiclous lowballs that make him vastly weaker such as getting hurt by an umbrealla, we need to discard ridiculous highballs that make him septillions of times stronger.
Alrighty

This is a bit tricky. Kirby outclasses Goku in almost every catagory except for a massive ap/dura disadvantage. I also think Kirby's hax should give him a huge edge and I ultimately see him winning with high difficulty because of it.

Let's see,this is end of GT Goku post 100 gap with absorbed DB.Also in GT he literally broke dimension with kamehameha,so even if he inhales him,he'll just destroy it or IT out of there.GT Goku's speed is also great,not to metion much great AP / Dura that Goku has over Kirby

Goku since he outclasses kirby in AP and durability and he can escape his stomach with instant transmission like he did when he went from Earth to hell.

LTB2000 said:
Goku since he outclasses kirby in AP and durability and he can escape his stomach with instant transmission like he did when he went from Earth to hell.
He's never going to hit Kirby and is vulnerable to Kirby's hax besides stomach dimension. He'll eventually suffocate anyway. Kirby will repeatedly be dunking him before Goku can get a breath of air.

Šakacrophejter said:
Let's see,this is end of GT Goku post 100 gap with absorbed DB.Also in GT he literally broke dimension with kamehameha,so even if he inhales him,he'll just destroy it or IT out of there.GT Goku's speed is also great,not to metion much great AP / Dura that Goku has over Kirby
He never did that. He just opened a wormhole which took energy to do.

Goku's speed is nonexistant compared to Kirby's. FTL+ vs MFTL+ to an absurd degree. He'll never hit Kirby.

Kirby can ignore that dura through hax.

@Crop

Right, and Kirby is still a much higher tier of MFTL than Goku.

@LTB

You're just trying to get a win for Goku since Goku has a massive AP edge.

Bruce is right. Kirby's speed is still greater than Goku's, and that's without the warpstar. Kirby has his basic inhale hax, but even then, he can possess Goku and then delete him from existence.

The real cal howard said:
Bruce is right. Kirby's speed is still greater than Goku's, and that's without the warpstar.
His speed is the same on and off the Warp Star TBH. He keeps up with people comparable to it without the Warp Star.

BruceTheBatman said:
@Crop

Right, and Kirby is still a much higher tier of MFTL than Goku.

@LTB

You're just trying to get a win for Goku since Goku has a massive AP edge.
And this match won't even be added if it's a speed stomp.

So apparently, someone being severely outclassed by speed isn't considered a speed stomp. this is GT, and you do know that I'm stating my reasons as to why a certain character wins.

LTB2000 said:
How is my reasoning flawed when the stuff I said did indeed happen in the story.
Because it doesn't change the fact that Kirby will dunk him back into his dimension before he can take a breath of fresh air. And Kirby has intangibility and dura-ignoring hax to deal with Goku's AP/Dura edge.

Goku can still use IT to get out, it takes no energy to use that move, and he can spam it to dodge Kirby's hax.

This match is just ridicilous,first we don't have any clue how strong & fast end of GT goku is.He was literally shown for a few sec after 100 year gap

BruceTheBatman said:
It's like putting slamming someone underwater, them getting out, then putting them back in.

Goku can't keep that up forever.
IT can get him out of that situation, and he can just shoot ki blasts at kirby's face if he ever got close to him.

LTB2000 said:
And Kirby can be easily manipulated since he's a baby.
He's also much smarter than Goku since he's got better academic feats. Kirby is not an idiot and has only been tricked my extremely skilled manipulators such as Magolor. Goku does not qualify for that.

Goku is a fighting genius, and he did use his opponent's weakness to his advantage, like when he tricked frieza when he knew he can't sense energy, or when he wore golden frieza down.

Back