• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gogeta blue tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2nd Existential Seed said:
That explains why none of my Marvel revisions go literally nowhere .. But that's heavily off topic so please ignore that...
So does anyone have any conclusive evidence besides Multipliers and or "merely how far above Beerus Level " on UI Goku, Jiren , or Gogeta getting the requirements for 2C ?
They will stay the same... hight into the Low-2C until we get something that SSB Goku or Goku's next UI boost will get him way above Beerus.

Pritti is right, above all else, this is the heart of my issue here. It's one statement that has never been reiterated or mentioned again. That's not how providing evidence works. There requires more evidence unless the statement is heavily contextualized, which Vados' statement....is not.

Pritti said:
Sorry but one off handed statement doesn't constitute an argument. There requires more evidence. That goes for anything, not just DB, but the site has become too heavily reliant of statements when it should go

Feats > power-scaling > in-universe statements > WoG
^

This

I love you.

Seems Pritti + veteran staff (myself, Matt, Cal, Prom) agree on that much. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

For example. Zen'O is 2-C because of multiple statements + Future Zen'O feat. Not just Whis' original statement. And yes this even goes for "possibly". Possibly has always required more than just a single, off-handed statement.

The in universe statements are reliable if the 2-C Verse still stand though. If Jiren is likely stronger than the Average GoD, and if Beerus is relative to that, and Broly is stated to be stronger than Beerus and is able to even be considered a threat on the same level as Jiren going by WoG statements. And is even able to last in a fight against Gogeta, who could arguably be superior to UI Goku by himself since, he is not a fusion, and was also stated by beerus to be vaguely stronger than him— Broly fighting without getting 1 shot, the statement seems to hold up given everything that happens and has been said.

The whole argument of Casual Gogeta beating Broly is an assumption by itself, the novel never says Gogeta was holding back a portion of his power, it literally just describes what is happening in the movie and just that.

There is just too much guess work in Gogeta's 2-C ranking.

Pritti said:
For example. Zen'O is 2-C because of multiple statements + Future Zen'O feat. Not just Whis' original statement. And yes this even goes for "possibly". Possibly has always required more than just a single, off-handed statement.
Knocked it out the park yet again.

Gogeta was absolutely shutting on Broly with a smile on his face the whole time, but I wish you guys didn't scare Cryo off. He could better support that point then I.

And, assuming Gogeta being casual is viable, there's more than just one off statements supporting Broly being stronger than Beerus, who was absolutely dicked down by a smiling Gogeta.

SSJ Gogeta was smiling the whole time despite Broly knocking him back and sometimes seemed in pain from Broly's hits. Not an argument

You just assumed (again) that Gogeta wasn't trying becasue he was smiling.

Where did Ant ran off to, Isn't the highest mod here? Don't he have any saying on this? Lol this will never end it seems.

Him being casual doesn't necessarily matter inherently though, it being a mid diff fight wouid stil be enough for there to be the small 2x difference. And I would argue him getting hit a bit isn't necessarily strong enough evidence to argue that the gap between Gogeta and Beerus is around 2x. It's a good anoiunt of stuff to get a vague possibly.

The problem here though is people above were disagreeing with Beerus and Champas feat even being 2-C in the first place, which as a result is agreeing that the universes in dragon ball super arent seperate space-times.

Because if the universes are seperate space-times, then their feat of destroying U6 and U7 has to be 2-C. But if you disagree with it being 2-C, but 3-A instead, then you have to argue the universes sharing the same space-time in order to warrant that.

Hence the huge cosmology debate above.

Again it's not. Broly being stronger than Beerus is not a fact only an assumption, and Gogeta used an uknown poration of his power during his power against Broly which make things even more vague.

There is literally not objective evidence for Gogeta to be stronger than Beerus and Champa combined.

We already made a thread for that Kukui, that's derailing. Sera already said she didn't want to argue, so, while I Hope she reconsiders because I can't really seal the deal with that, let's just refer those dissenters to the other threads.

Nah, the heart of my argument was about VSBW's current over reliance on statements to get high tiers, which has resulted in a massive inflation of results. The cosmology debate is more of a backup that slipped out since I remembered having the discussion with Ultima earlier this year.

Anyway this thread is going no where so I am officially out as well. Can't think of anything else to say tbh anymore than just repeating myself.

ZERO7772 said:
Where did Ant ran off to, Isn't the highest mod here? Don't he have any saying on this? Lol this will never end it seems.
It's not like all the mods care about dragon ball anyways. Ant doesn't approve every single thread or whatever

A "possibly" wouldn't be awarded to someone with solid evidence for a tier though. Why is it so hard to get a possibly? Because that sounds like criteria for a straight rating, not one that's plausible. Even then, it's not too unfair or vague to say that Gogeta didn't strain himself to heavy in his fight, given how much he dominated Broly towards the end of the fight especially. It was at WORSE a Mid diff fight, and more likely a Low dif one if it wasn't a casual stomp. And we do have reason to suspect that Beerus is weaker than Broly. The statement is reliable, as Goku would know what it's like to fight someone that strong when he is not only stated to be approaching the power of the Gods, but has fought against Jiren (who was stronger than the Gods) while using a power that Beerus also implies might be superior to his.

Sera:

Personally, I think it's more that you value statements far less. In this case especially, I have no reason to be skeptical of a statement like this when it's not made by someone who has no credentials. Goku is pretty credible, having fought— and I already explained why the statement is credible.

Rewatched it. Yeah. Gogeta BLUE didn't get hit. At all. Was smiling the whole time, even if he was yelling. And the only version of him that showed struggle was the basic super Saiyan form. Who was inferior to full power Broly but somewhat superior to standard super Saiyan Broly, and even then, standard super Saiyan got hit. Blue... Blue Gogeta shat on him with no scratches. Played with him by letting him fire that blast and leaving himself open for that explosion and combo he did. The definition of low difficulty.

And keep in mind, Goku said this before Broly went FPSSJ.

If this isn't enough for a possibly, please tell me what is. And then explain how that information is not enough to get more than a possibly when you're asking for definitive proof. Which, I assume, is how you get a straight up solid rating with no possibly or likely.

@Proud

That's Super Saiyan Blue Evolution and SSBKKx20. If that's what you meant, I apologize for nitpicking.

"Because Beerus and Champa's feat combined is 2-C so anyone who's stronger than them is 2-C."

Even though it's not a 2-C feat and you don't use multipliers in tier 2 but Dragon Ball is special.

WTH was staff thinking???

Ant agreed with me and Cryo because we feel like Gogeta Low diffed to beat Broly Casually enough to result in a 2x difference between Gogeta and Beerus, who, along with his brother, who was equal to him in power, accomplished a 2-C feat. 1 + 1 is 2, you see.

It wouid make sense if you read the threads, my guy.

As far as I see it, the cosmology is what needs to truly be determined and settleed as that would end the arguments and allows us to properly categorize Beerus and Champa destroying two universes if they fight. Because Whis and Vados treat that seriously.

As, Ant said, the system is not perfect and this is a unique situation.

That said, I'm kind of shocked how bent out of shape people get because we gave a 'Possibly' rating to a character after two very long threads of discussion and eventual consensus on the matter...

It's not a multiplier from the verse. It's an estimate. Saying someone is 2x stronger than another person isn't a multiplier. And the reason why 2x is relevant is explained IN THE THREADS.

Beerus and Champa did a 2-C feat together. Cut it in half for each's power and they're the strongest Low 2-C in raw ap. Half of a 2-C.

.5 + .5 is 1.

.5 doubled is 1.

Being 2x as strong as beerus makes you 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back