• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Godzilla : 0
Dormammu : 2
Incon : 0

Speed equalized
Base Godzilla used
Starting distance is 1 kilometer

High 5-A is such an annoying tier. Finally found two verses in a similar ballpark, hope this works

Last edited:
Godzilla has the AP advantage, but I'll post the scaling chain to give a better idea of Dormammu's AP anyways

Dormammu = Dante > Mephisto > Blackheart > Spider-Man >≈ Onslaught > Thanos > Iron Man > Hawkeye > Galactus (1.64552679 Quettatons)

So yeah, Godzilla still has the AP/Durability advantage. Beyond that...? I don't see Goji winning. Dormammu is a very haxxy fighter and he doesn't shy away from exploiting that in battle. Not to mention, he's much smarter both in general and in terms of combative intelligence

Dormammu would be more than willing to BFR Godzilla to the Dark Dimension (a process that also renders his opponents dizzy at the same time), steal and absorb his soul, perform atomic matter based transmutation on him, and negate his ability to jump among other things. Goji's best shot is Possession and his changes of landing that are pretty much zero to one. Dormammu doesn't need to get close to land his attacks, unlike the Hellbats, who pretty much fvcked themselves over by dogpilling Godzilla. I also can't see Godzilla going for possession against Dormammu anyways, given he's a totally different opponent to begin with. Additionally, even though X-Factor wouldn't overpower Godzilla, it would make Dormammu faster than him, ergo making it even easier for him to win

Even if you changed this matchup to include the Hellbat form, I see the results still being in Dormammu's favour

Last edited:
Dormammu = Dante > Mephisto > Blackheart > Spider-Man >≈ Onslaught > Thanos > Iron Man > Hawkeye > Galactus (1.64552679 Quettatons)
There is something very wrong on putting galactus bellow Hawkeye in any scale chain, you sure that all of thouse are stronger them galactus?

There is something very wrong on putting galactus bellow Hawkeye in any scale chain, you sure that all of thouse are stronger them galactus?
MvC has VERY different scaling. Yes, I am 100% sure, I’ve literally indexed a ton of the verse, as well as examined plenty of feats and scaling across the games. In fact, a lot of people upscale Galactus when it comes to the MvC High 5-A scaling chain

So no. It’s not wrong in “any scaling chain”. MvC just treats things differently. It only seems weird because of the 616 comics, which don’t play any part in MvC’s scaling

Last edited:
MvC has VERY different scaling. Yes, I am 100% sure, I’ve literally indexed a ton of the verse, as well as examined plenty of feats and scaling across the games. In fact, a lot of people upscale Galactus when it comes to the MvC High 5-A scaling chain

So no. It’s not wrong in “any scaling chain”. MvC just treats things differently. It only seems weird because of the 616 comics, which don’t play any part in MvC’s scaling
No, I mean they can defeat galactus but we are talking about the final boss of the game that can do much more damage with each attack then the playable characters do to him, just defeating makes It seen really strage to be the argument for upscale when most of It is done trough small chunks of damage and the ability to get hitted less times

But It also has been some time sinse I played marvel vs capcon... so I gues this is fair....

No, I mean they can defeat galactus but we are talking about the final boss of the game that can do much more damage with each attack then the playable characters do to him, just defeating makes It seen really strage to be the argument for upscale when most of It is done trough small chunks of damage and the ability to get hitted less times
A) When you say the “final boss can do more damage”, you’re talking about gameplay mechanics. Do we say that Kratos is barely Wall level because he has to use multiple hits in-game to destroy a crate? You’re using inherently flawed logic to act like this is a stretch. If you, Y’know…actually look at the narrative of MvC (AKA the story content like the endings) instead of basing this off of game mechanics, you’ll see that yes, guys like Hawkeye do upscale Galactus. For example, X-23 was shown to have taken down Galactus pretty easily in her ending

B) Abyss is the only MvC boss where the larger contributions of the cast were actually implied to have been necessary to take him down. This is all outlined very clearly on the verse page. In all endings where Galactus is defeated, only one character has to take him down

But It also has been some time sinse I played marvel vs capcon... so I gues this is fair....
Next time, please read the pages instead of basing this off of gameplay mechanics

Back