• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War vs Soul of Flames: Kratos vs Inferno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is direct contact with his powers necessary?

If so, I believe Kratos has sufficient AP advantages and defenses to kill Inferno before it happens, especially with the Light of Dawn's holy magic dealing more damage than normal.

He could also get time-stopped, which would make things much harder for him.

Why is the siren's Madness Manipulation type 3? The voice of a siren is Cognition type since you have to perceive it by ear, which is Type 4 Madness Manipulation.

Direct contact means that simply being around his powers (like his energy) is enough to cause madness. And Astral Chaos does so simply by being there. For example, being in Orstreinsburg that is covered in Soul Edge's Evil Seed is enough to drive whoever enters mad.

The issue is, Inferno in character goes for sending his foe into Astral Chaos. Kratos would have to choose which ability to use before he enters Astral Chaos, which is highly likely seeing as shown in the links above, it is immediate.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Why is the siren's Madness Manipulation type 3? The voice of a siren is Cognition type since you have to perceive it by ear, which is Type 4 Madness Manipulation.
Because it's more mindhax then their song being incomprehensible Eldrich stuff that just drives people insane because they aren't meant to see it in it's horrific glory.

The Sirens's hax works by seducing whoever hears it and making them unable to attack, yes.

Does his mere presence or the sight of him drive people insane because they're unable to comprehend it at all? Because this is what Type 4 entails. Being driven mad by contact with his powers is just Type 3.

Also, when they're teleported to this dimension, are they immediately struck with insanity, or does he gradually toy with the person with mindgames?

It's really unknown. It's simply a side effect of being around his powers. It's not really explained. All we know is that those who enter areas corrupted by the Evil Seed are immediately driven mad and those around him unless granted special garments designed to counter him or have his power granted to them (or in Ivy's case, his power in her blood) go mad and are corrupted. Astral Chaos on the otherhand, that's just the nature of the realm.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
tfw there hasn't been a direct vote yet...
That happens when you're in the middle of seeing how this fight will go down.

In a sense, this debate like many others before it, are like fights of their own, they're analyazing, seeing how the opponent deals with their attacks, all the beats and motions. You don't just immediately stab them in the face and have them say "no u" and stab you back, likewise, you don't immediately vote and have the supporter of the other guy go "no u".

If anything I just said makes any sense.

Kepekley23 said:
Also, when they're teleported to this dimension, are they immediately struck with insanity, or does he gradually toy with the person with mindgames?
When someone enters Astral Chaos, if they aren't driven mad, he usually just fights them (As the ones who are usually there are people with items and weapons designed to counter his powers). He isn't the type to toy with someone. Or in Necrid's case, just leaves them there

Also how strong is this Madness Resistance?

Then that is just passive insanity inducement, like Homura's passive sheer bulk based mindhax. Type 4 is inducing insanity through your structure alone, and being so incomprehensible and complex compared to normal beings that their lack of ability to comprehend you drives them insane.

He scales to the Sirens, who can drive anything that is "male" mad. Which, if you go by the AOE, maybe a couple dozen people worth of resistance (at once)

However, Kratos in this same game was able to somewhat resist being put to sleep by a fog that was gradually putting the entire planet to sleep, so take that as you will.

DMUA said:
That happens when you're in the middle of seeing how this fight will go down.
In a sense, this debate like many others before it, are like fights of their own, they're analyazing, seeing how the opponent deals with their attacks, all the beats and motions. You don't just immediately stab them in the face and have them say "no u" and stab you back, likewise, you don't immediately vote and have the supporter of the other guy go "no u".

If anything I just said makes any sense.
This might just be the most unironically intelligent thing you've said since I've known you.

To sum up what DMUA is saying

It's not just Inferno vs Kratos

It's Dragon vs Kep

I mean I've said a lot of intelligent stuff

I've also said glorious things like

DMUA said:
All we can hope for is that he's facing the worst possible senario and punching it directly in the reproducive organs like the chad he is.

I don't know, I feel like this wall of hax that Inferno has and his BFR right off the bat is gonna give him a win here. But I am not voting yet, just siding with Inferno.

(btw why no Sophitia vs Kratos)

Kepekley23 said:
@Dragon
So, is that his total body count or is that something he can accomplish at once?
It's kinda both actually. There are many seperate events, but it's noted the the release of the evil seed had already caused many people to go mad and corrupt them. So it's kinda both. He has corrupted and caused many to go mad at once, but he also simply has a large body count. There is the temple feat that was all at once. Although, counting the Monks and Inhabitants of the temple, we don't have a direct number.

Also, can we scale hax to AoE? If so, Soul Edge making an entire city and having an entire realm that can do this could grant some potency.

Also, just saying, Inferno does inn fact corrupt souls as well, not just the mind.

Ironically, in Soul Calibur Lore, Ares literally wants Soul Edge and has Astaroth go to retrieve it. Meanwhile Zeus and the other Gods are kinda afraid of it lol.

I think I'll be voting Inferno on this one. Astral Chaos seems too much for this version of Kratos to counter.

If we treat this as passive and it bypasses the resistance...doesn't that make this a mismatch in favor of Inferno due to matches with passive wins not being allowed?

If not, my vote goes to Inferno due to his Madness based powers and his in character BFR to Astral Chaos likely being a little too much for this Kratos.

Inferno's madness hax doesn't bypass his resistance by too much. It should have a lower, more gradual effect as opposed to being instant hax.

Anyway, one last question: if Inferno doesn't have any resistance to having his life energy feasted on by Charon's Wrath, wouldn't he still eventually die even if he drives Kratos mad with Astral Chaos?

In that case, likely overtime, but for him not completely. He most likely would use this opportunity to take over Kratos (those who are driven mad and corrupted by his power are easier for him to control) and turn him into a new Nightmare or steal his soul along with the other souls with Astral Chaos to replinish himself.

I mean, he basically becomes Nightmare once he gets that Hades weapon in GoW3. He just needs the armor.

Also, I might as well ask this here.

How should we treat Nightmare (And Soul Blade Cervantes) matches from here on out? In both cases, once the host is taken out, Inferno appears to fight. I gave Inferno his own profile, but I never did stop to think about what I should do.

The reason I am asking this as it would lead to Character X vs Nightmare becoming Character X vs Inferno. Even though Nightmare and Inferno are basically the same being, it's just that Inferno appears once the host body is defeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back