• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

....It was removed because he wasn't a Type 1 Abstract. The Great Evils, Hope and the Primordials are abstracts of that nature, not the Titans or Olympians.
I understand, but to affect Kratos it is still necessary to manipulate concepts or interact with abstraction like Zeno or a being that affects it, right?

Y'all thoughs of atreus as a "loki"?
I thought it was a great idea and made the story far more intriguing in 2018 but in Ragnarok it kinda feels lame. I mean besides the Baldur mistletoe thing, the way he does Loki stuff after isn't paid off in a way that I find entertaining. Him and Angraboda not being true parents to Jormungandr and Fenrir is lame, Fenrir possessing Garm is lame, Fenrir not being parents to Skoll and Hati is lame, Atreus not being that much of a trickster is lame. It wouldn't have been as terrible if murals in the last game clearly imply that an older Angrboda and Atreus actually produced Jorm and Fenrir along with strong indications of a grander time travel plotline which in my mind was supposed to open up more room for Atreus to become a trickster but I guess they had to do what they did because they just didn't want to make a third game.

Last edited:
I thought it was a great idea and made the story far more intriguing in 2018 but in Ragnarok it kinda feels lame. I mean besides the Baldur mistletoe thing, the way he does Loki stuff after isn't paid off in a way that I find entertaining. Him and Angraboda not being true parents to Jormungandr and Fenrir is lame, Fenrir possessing Garm is lame, Fenrir not being parents to Skoll and Hati is lame, Atreus not being that much of a trickster is lame. It wouldn't have been as terrible if murals in the last game clearly imply that an older Angrboda and Atreus actually produced Jorm and Fenrir along with strong indications of a grander time travel plotline which in my mind was supposed to open up more room for Atreus to become a trickster but I guess they had to do what they did because they just didn't want to make a third game.
I think it would have been better if Loki was an actual seperate God from Atreus. It would certainly help the lackluster roster of Norse Gods. Not to mention the story would be more interesting and crazy beacuse of it.

I would personally remove Atreus from the story in the first place.

I think it would have been better if Loki was an actual seperate God from Atreus. It would certainly help the lackluster roster of Norse Gods. Not to mention the story would be more interesting and crazy beacuse of it.

I would personally remove Atreus from the story in the first place.
I wish ******* Athena had a bigger role in the game. Legit showed her for two scenes and then dropped it. Huge cliffhanger.

Touhou characters use a really broken version of purification.

“Her purification works by reducing beings to their states before they had a concept of themselves”

Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1; Junko can purify anything, reducing them to the states before they had a concept themselves.)
Depends on how layered that shit is. Kratos has like, two layers of resistance and uninteractibility to him.

Touhou characters use a really broken version of purification.

“Her purification works by reducing beings to their states before they had a concept of themselves”

Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1; Junko can purify anything, reducing them to the states before they had a concept themselves.)
That's just concept-hax.

Back