• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

LRuOfBA.png

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this make Kratos's speed immeasurable, since the Gods transcend time and space?

LRuOfBA.png
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this make Kratos's speed immeasurable, since the Gods transcend time and space?
No? The Gods don't transcend space and time in any manner, only the Tree is stated to do so, and "transcends space and time" in and out of itself is very vague, but the tree itself treats the realms as nothing more than trivial objects to its existence, but that's not enough to indicate existential superiority.

Only person to fit that bill is Athena, since she is legitimately stated to have ascended to a higher existence, to a realm of higher power, and even then, we need further details on her, the Mask was merely the first step to that.

No? The Gods don't transcend space and time in any manner, only the Tree is stated to do so, and "transcends space and time" in and out of itself is very vague, but the tree itself treats the realms as nothing more than trivial objects to its existence, but that's not enough to indicate existential superiority.

Only person to fit that bill is Athena, since she is legitimately stated to have ascended to a higher existence, to a realm of higher power, and even then, we need further details on her, the Mask was merely the first step to that.
Ah, alright. Apologies for the misunderstanding, was confused on what the image said.

@Diamentus concept of free will which somehow meant 1-A to tier 0 for Kratos. And if you’re wondering where the hell did the concept of free will come from in GoW, it’s from a random convention where Cory talks about 2018 and summarized the older games where when Kratos stabbed himself with the BoO, he gave everyone free will. Don’t ask me how this is outerversal, let alone combat applicable, because aside from outdated standards on the wiki they abuse to hell and back I don’t know how anyone on discord and YouTube argues this.

Oh yeah, nearly forgot but someone claimed because Ironwood “is a concept, not real” that makes it 1-A despite that being a blatant lie, and the Norns talking about a script also means 1-A, which is the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard in an attempt to wank Kratos to that level.

@Diamentus concept of free will which somehow meant 1-A to tier 0 for Kratos. And if you’re wondering where the hell did the concept of free will come from in GoW, it’s from a random convention where Cory talks about 2018 and summarized the older games where when Kratos stabbed himself with the BoO, he gave everyone free will. Don’t ask me how this is outerversal, let alone combat applicable, because aside from outdated standards on the wiki they abuse to hell and back I don’t know how anyone on discord and YouTube argues this.

Oh yeah, nearly forgot but someone claimed because Ironwood “is a concept, not real” that makes it 1-A despite that being a blatant lie, and the Norns talking about a script also means 1-A, which is the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard in an attempt to wank Kratos to that level.
That is the most ridiculous stuff I've heard. YouTube and Discord scalers are ridiculous.

It's funny that the Olympians have a statement where "time and place hold different meaning to the gods" (probably good support with Gaia being able to know events that happen across past, present and future and considering time meaningless) but the Aesir and Vanir are just....there.

There's some scaler going around saying that Saitama is boundless and solos everyone.
yep but at the same time someone saying saitama is wall level or something with made up justification.

Should be careful since human has hypocrisy and dualism or even trandualism behavior by default

Unsure why Hades is so high. The guy lost to a Kratos that was far weaker than most versions of him.
Yeah, it's weird. And wasn't there a statement proclaiming Poseidon as superior anyway?

Do you think Freya should be above Jormungandr, considering the "most formidable ally" quote from Kratos?

Yeah, it's weird. And wasn't there a statement proclaiming Poseidon as superior anyway?

Do you think Freya should be above Jormungandr, considering the "most formidable ally" quote from Kratos?
No, probably not. Jormungandr takes far more trauma and can dish out more trauma. Man takes 2-C hits (2-A or 1-C if you miss the old Yggdrasil feat)

If you don’t have the blade of Olympus what are some better options.

(cause I like the bow of Apollo to keep enemies at a distance)
Nemesis Whip for excellent air play( very good aerial launcher and juggler), same grapple technique as Blades of Exile, dive attacks, and magic attack that is an excellent hit stunner while you go Melee, extremely fast and lots of hit in general.

Nemean Cestus for pure power play, smacking around enemies up or back while dodging in and out with short but fast dash is very good.

No, probably not. Jormungandr takes far more trauma and can dish out more trauma. Man takes 2-C hits (2-A or 1-C if you miss the old Yggdrasil feat)
She's considered level with Ragnarok Kratos as per the artbook so I wouldn't really put her below Jorm at all.

I don't think I'd put her above Jorm, though. Perhaps equal?
Jorm = Thor. Physically, at least.

Thor got defeated by Ragnarok Kratos, to whom Freya is equal. Doesn't help that she was Odin's deadliest enemy prior to Kratos showing up to Scandinavia.

Jorm = Thor. Physically, at least.

Thor got defeated by Ragnarok Kratos, to whom Freya is equal. Doesn't help that she was Odin's deadliest enemy prior to Kratos showing up to Scandinavia.
Wouldn't Thor still scale to Freya in some way due to Kratos' statement?

I remember hearing that the GOW verse is going to be due for changes soon. Is there a list of the changes that may or may not happen so far?

I remember hearing that the GOW verse is going to be due for changes soon. Is there a list of the changes that may or may not happen so far?
All god level characters become plain 2-C. As well as plain Immeasurable in lifting strength.

They'll be a massive hax addition and overhaul to the abilities as well.

Back