• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

if thoth appears, them doesn't that contradict the whole "mythologies are separated realities" thing? i mean, from my understanding that is why we accepted the realms from norse as being different universe/space times, or am i misunderstanding something?
Toth appears along with Athena on a higher plane of existence, the normal rules don't apply to him.

And unless I'm missing something there's no confirmation that the place Kratos arrives at is the Egypt (as if the land ruled by the Egyptian pantheon) but "the land of the pharaohs", the version of Egypt already existing within Greek verse (mentioned both in God of War novelization and in Ascension).

Ragnarok makes it abundantly clear that the Yggdrasil and everything within it is within the bounds of Scandinavia, as were the dimensions within Greece's lands. He likely just physically made it to Egypt's borders within the scope of Greece or just somehow made his way through the borders containing Egypt's world.

Anyways why didn't kratos gained the fate manip Power after he beat the sister?
Cuz pretty sure he Only used the time travel ability

I keep seeing these articles that Kratos is 1,055 years old.

I don't think GoW is set during any particular time (Aesop and Archimedes lived in or before Kratos' time in-game), but it's mentioned that Kratos participated in the Trojan War and was trying to kill Ares/became the God of War around the time of Hercules' labours. Both of these myths were set around the 13 or 12th century BC (this timeline is substantiated by the nice people over at quora).

So, by their logic, Kratos would be closer to 1,800 years old if Ragnarok is set in ~538 AD.

Last edited:
Frankly, I just think that the developers had a fantasy timeline to account for all of the major mythological and historical figures they wanted to use.

Another question: are the heavens/sky in Greek verse a dimension separate from the Earth disc? Also, are the heavens/sky a body of Uranos?

Maybe Garou because of his insane Power Mimicry? But Kratos has a lot of resistances and I gave up reading all of them
Kratos has dealt with guys like Ares who can get more skilled over the course of a fight, and dispatched clones of himself with his exact powers and still clapped Ares after he stole his powers. Power mimicry ain't really new to him. Especially kinda pointless when he resists all his own hax

Kratos' own AD and RE would be competing with Garou's, and is honestly a hard counter to him.

I think Kratos wins, honestly. But it'd be a good fight

Kratos has dealt with guys like Ares who can get more skilled over the course of a fight, and dispatched clones of himself with his exact powers and still clapped Ares after he stole his powers. Power mimicry ain't really new to him. Especially kinda pointless when he resists all his own hax

Kratos' own AD and RE would be competing with Garou's, and is honestly a hard counter to him.

do it stat equalize and your cooking

Kratos just burns his ass With blades of chaos before that happens

Common Kratos W

Considering Gods of War could see every conflict that would occur across the world for the rest of eternity, I'd like to think that in his dying moments, Ares saw the war that would bring about the end of Olympus being orchestrated by Kratos and felt proud of him, in his own twisted way. He really did become Death itself.

This is just my headcanon though.

I wonder how the giants would react if they see kratos alive, would they leave ago and just, exile atreus because of this, or accept him. Likely accept him imp. But I feel like some giants will still be spiteful and want Kim gone.

Back