• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Was the implication at the end of GoWIII supposed to be that the remaining Primordials were in control?
Nah, not really, Athena is implied to be the only surviving deity in the Greek Pantheon, until Kratos killed himself to give mankind a fighting chance to live without the gods.

So what happened to Nyx, Chaos, Apollo, Typhoon, Circe, Artemis, etc? Did they just die off-screen in the 2nd Titanomachy?

I heard that Zeus can grow to the size of Mount Olympus , true or no?
There is no evidence to substantiate that claim, but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility, he easily grew taller than the Summit of Sacrifice and was about the same height as Cronos (Who also towered over the Summit of Sacrifice to the same degree), and we know Cronos is 500-605 meters tall as per the official GOW3 documents and game models.

Last edited:
There is no evidence to substantiate that claim, but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of impossibility, he easily grew taller than the Summit of Sacrifice and was about the same height as Cronos (Who also towered over the Summit of Sacrifice to the same degree), and we know Cronos is 500-605 meters tall as per the official GOW3 documents and game models.
hm whats the largest any God has been shown to become? anyone larger then GOW2 Giant Zeus?

The Greek Primordials are the largest gods in the franchise so far. Only Ymir is larger as far as I know. Among the Olympians, Ares technically dwarfs even Titans in his massive form considering his size compared to the Suicide Bluffs. How legitimate that is is up for debate.

Kratos has some pretty fire lines in the first game come to think of it. Makes sense since he's relatively more talkative there than in the rest of the trilogy, not to mention less consumed by rage.

There is no evidence to substantiate that claim, but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility, he easily grew taller than the Summit of Sacrifice and was about the same height as Cronos (Who also towered over the Summit of Sacrifice to the same degree), and we know Cronos is 500-605 meters tall as per the official GOW3 documents and game models.
Sorry I meant "wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility" which means "it is certainly possible".

Since Ares could easily grow as tall as the cliffside where Kratos yeeted himself, said cliff being stated to be the highest mountain in all of Greece, that's 3000+ meters.

So did norse kratos became less skilled or he as skilled?
Cus i recall a statament he is as precise with Blades of chaos as his greek self

Well, we could take this...
huIgLxZh.jpg

... as an indication that it took both Odin and Thor to capture Tyr...

I think I get why the image link isn't working for me. Imgur has gone apeshit at my place due to draconian censorship laws that come and go whenever the **** they please.

Careful, some peeps hate using back cover synopses because of a certain incident with Dragon Ball.
To be fair, this is literally what Kratos is when he finally faces Zeus lol. The God of War and Death, who holds the magics of the Titans, the power of the Fates, the soul of Hades and everyone who fell since the beginning of his reign, the godly weapons of the Olympians and the Blade of Olympus.

To be fair, this is literally what Kratos is when he finally faces Zeus lol. The God of War and Death, who holds the magics of the Titans, the power of the Fates, the soul of Hades and everyone who fell since the beginning of his reign, the godly weapons of the Olympians and the Blade of Olympus.
literally a fan fic

I wonder what other cursed wank we will get from this.
Wait till Kartos enters the Marvel and DC multiverse and proceeds to solo

then to the World of Darkness, 40k and SMT. This will cause the Db fans to say "Goku does not solo" upon seeing a fraction of the power of the gow series

THE WANK SHALL NEVER END!!

wait until kratos destroy the so called jungyan archetypes, when that happens even normal humans will be argued to be tier 0, THE WANK WILL BE SUPREME

I miss the dismissive, disrespectful "throw hands" energy Kratos had with his lines in his days in Greece. Like;

"To swat a fly of the ass of Zeus is not worth my time."

"They will fall as well."

"Olympians overestimate themselves."

"You aspire to be an Olympian, yet their reign is ending, Hercules."

"I see only what I have come to destroy."

"Face me father, it is time to end this."

Good to see some of this when he set himself to kill Heimdall, what with;

"Death can have me when it earns me."

"I have killed gods greater than him."

"My intent will be to kill him. Knowing that will be of no advantage."

"Whatever his advantages, I will overwhelm him with my own."

I can definitely see Greek Kratos making these lines.

Last edited:
Question: do the events of Fallen God actually took place, or is it just some Kratos' hallucination?
They definitely take place. Kratos tries to cope by pretending to play the insane lunatic but Thoth and Athena give him a massive wake-up call every time, as do the Blades of Chaos, they keep coming back every time he tries to yeet them into the distance, them coming back is referenced in Ragnarok too.

if thoth appears, them doesn't that contradict the whole "mythologies are separated realities" thing? i mean, from my understanding that is why we accepted the realms from norse as being different universe/space times, or am i misunderstanding something?

Back