• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Didn't he only beat Zeus cause the mf massively held back like the arrogant dumbass he was?

And Zeus is capable of one shotting both Poseidon and Hades of whom matched a stronger Kratos?

Imma say no

That was a Kratos without his godly powers, though.
Eh, no. Zeus clapped back at Kratos with the latter still having the BoO at hand (Which before Kratos drained it permanently by the start of GoW3, still had most of his magical powers and whatnot). Though at this point it would've made no difference.

Kratos as the God of War was likely just nominally stronger than Ares initially. Then he lost his godhood and was killed, came back and journeyed his way to the Sisters of Fate, and along that journey, gained the magics of the Titans and his own growth pushed that to the point he was comparable to his prior God of War self.

Then he got his godly powers back from the Blade of Olympus and could hold his own against Zeus.

Doea novel say if amuleta of fates time hax only working in specific places is game mechanic or not?
The novel states it affects the entire World (It is never given a specific limit range limit either), and it working in specific places is Game Mechanics, yes. Kratos is able to use Cronos' Rage to power the Amulet due to... well, Cronos being the God and Creator of Time in GoW.

The novel states it affects the entire World (It is never given a specific limit range limit either), and it working in specific places is Game Mechanics, yes. Kratos is able to use Cronos' Rage to power the Amulet due to... well, Cronos being the God and Creator of Time in GoW.
World like as the planet?

Or world like as "The world?"

Oh yeah kinda late cuz forget to ask since it was night but uhh do one of y'all have the novel scans for amulet if fates only stopping time at specific points is game mechanic?

Oh yeah kinda late cuz forget to ask since it was night but uhh do one of y'all have the novel scans for amulet if fates only stopping time at specific points is game mechanic?
GoW2 Novel Chapter 23.

latest

How far into 2-C does Kratos scale?

As for the enemies, I think that Kratos will struggle against any opponent that can fly and attack from afar, imao.

Assuming Goku was relative AP wise (which he isn't I'm pretty sure), he'd do pretty well against the Melee oriented foes of Kratos. He even has the resistances to survive a lot of the common hax.

Issues arise when he faces foes with ridiculous Accelerated Development or varied hax. He gets his skull caved in by those foes.

For Kratos, does he really struggle with anyone specific? Zamasu maybe? Assuming foes like Goku Black or Merged Zamasu are relative and assuming this is Norse Kratos, he might struggle to keep up with their Accelerated Development. Mid-godly immortality too. Greek Kratos sweeps.

How far into 2-C does Kratos scale?
9 space-times.

As for the enemies, I think that Kratos will struggle against any opponent that can fly and attack from afar, imao.
Homing attacks, Draupnir Hails, Enchantments and other forms of Runic Magic would take care of that issue, assuming Norse Kratos is being used.

Greek Kratos however, has his own form of flight and a massive range advantage with the Claws of Hades and many of his other weapons that allow hopping from realm to realm at a moment's notice.

For Kratos, does he really struggle with anyone specific? Zamasu maybe? Assuming foes like Goku Black or Merged Zamasu are relative and assuming this is Norse Kratos, he might struggle to keep up with their Accelerated Development. Mid-godly immortality too.
GoW's soul hax has CM Type 3, which Kratos has in base, and Zamasu has no resistance to that. Mid-Godly would get nulled right out of the gate. He lands one hit and their souls get screwed over, not to mention that Kratos has like, 3 layers of it deep into 4D.

Infinite Zamasu however, would be a problem. At least, for Norse Kratos. Greek Kratos would clear hard.

Kratos could struggle a bit with their AD considering his own AD is significantly worse off than when he was in Greece, but it should still be mitigated by his Blades of Chaos amping him with every hit and kill he makes. Plus, Draupnir's Siphon ability will help him massively in this case as well, as he can outright absorb pretty much any kind of energy with it, use it for himself and reduce the resistances of the people to said energy and then reduce their statistics in tandem. Handy spear, that.

GoW's soul hax has CM Type 3, which Kratos has in base, and Zamasu has no resistance to that. Mid-Godly would get nulled right out of the gate. He lands one hit and their souls get screwed over, not to mention that Kratos has like, 3 layers of it deep into 4D.
Oh, Norse Kratos keeps that? Huh, well that's an almost sweep then (minus Infinite).
Kratos could struggle a bit with their AD considering his own AD is significantly worse off than when he was in Greece, but it should still be mitigated by his Blades of Chaos amping him with every hit and kill he makes.
Goku Black's AD is pretty ridiculous (for his verse).

He gets stronger while fighting quick sure, but even a bit of damage and he goes from being beaten up or borderline stomped, to becoming stronger than his opponent by a wide margin in a short period... issue is his AD is best when being hurt which is... not good with a punchy hax foe.

Plus, Draupnir's Siphon ability will help him massively in this case as well, as he can outright absorb pretty much any kind of energy with it, use it for himself and reduce the resistances of the people to said energy and then reduce their statistics in tandem. Handy spear, that.
Yeah, ultimately it's a matter of how much does Kratos struggle, not whether he wins or loses.

He gets stronger while fighting quick sure, but even a bit of damage and he goes from being beaten up or borderline stomped, to becoming stronger than his opponent by a wide margin in a short period... issue is his AD is best when being hurt which is... not good with a punchy hax foe.
Greek Kratos' AD is just as bonkers if not more, he grows stronger, faster and more combat-capable with every passing moment. Zeus in GoW pretty much gets stronger if you so much as look funny at him.

Norse Kratos isn't as impressive, but he has the same thing of being able to go from being borderline stomped to literally ragdolling his enemies every step of the way, and the thing is, Kratos can actually actively control this any time he wants.

Yeah, ultimately it's a matter of how much does Kratos struggle, not whether he wins or loses.
He is incredibly versatile with pretty much any combat item you can throw at him to use so there's that.

Well Kratos does have options, he's got his axe and spear to throw to keep them down as he fights folks that could fly all the time really. He could also nullify AOE attacks
Goku Black's AD is pretty ridiculous (for his verse).

Yeah Goku Black did have some crazy AD.

But it wouldn't be anything Kratos hasn't dealt with before

Greek Kratos' AD is just as bonkers if not more, he grows stronger, faster and more combat-capable with every passing moment. Zeus in GoW pretty much gets stronger if you so much as look funny at him
Oh, I know Greek Kratos' AD is on another level. Is why I'm only bothering to compare them to Norse Kratos.

Honestly, here some of Kratos' opponents I think Goku could beat:

Poseidon (High Diff)
Hercules (Mid Diff)
Sigrun (Mid Diff)
Thor (High Diff)
Castor and Pollux (Low Diff)
Theseus and Perseus (Low Diff)
Persephone (Mid Diff)
Baldur (Mid Diff)

I think he stops at Heimdall and loses that one high diff

I think Kratos (Norse) beats all of Gokus opponents so far, at least all that come to mind.

The big problem for Goku's opponents is against Kratos, it would be another Tuesday for him, as they really bring nothing new to the table.

But against Kratos' opponents, Goku's never dealt with half of their abilities and wouldn't have an answer to them

Oh, Norse Kratos keeps that? Huh, well that's an almost sweep then (minus Infinite).
Yeah, his depowered human self (No ashes or even tattoo) had that, and his Norse self is effectively his Demigod self with God-level strength, so...

Honestly, here some of Kratos' opponents I think Goku could beat:

Poseidon (High Diff)
Hercules (Mid Diff)
Sigrun (Mid Diff)
Thor (High Diff)
Castor and Pollux (Low Diff)
Theseus and Perseus (Low Diff)
Persephone (Mid Diff)
Baldur (Mid Diff)

I think he stops at Heimdall and loses that one high diff
Idk about Heimdall. UI helps a lot with preventing Goku from being read, and Time Manipulation isn't anything new for him. He can counter Space-Time manipulation to some extent too.

Really Thor is probably worse on the Norse side since he can BFR Goku hard or shatter him with his concept manip.

Idk about Heimdall. UI helps a lot with preventing Goku from being read, and Time Manipulation isn't anything new for him. He can counter Space-Time manipulation to some extent too.
Thing is, UI Goku is on a timer of less than a minute or so. Heimdall isn't.

Really Thor is probably worse on the Norse side since he can BFR Goku hard or shatter him with his concept manip.
Thor's BFR is accidental TBF.

Thing is, UI Goku is on a timer of less than a minute or so. Heimdall isn't.
Ah, right. I'm thinking Manga Goku. Though since Superhero is meant to be after Granolah, it should still technically stand true.

We're already stretching further by assuming Goku has the AP and Speed to even stand a chance afterall.

Thor's BFR is accidental TBF.
Ah, well concept manip still smashes Goku. Though I guess Thor needs to land a hit.

Last edited:
Idk about Heimdall. UI helps a lot with preventing Goku from being read, and Time Manipulation isn't anything new for him. He can counter Space-Time manipulation to some extent too
Yeah but remember Heimdall can read Kratos at first, Kratos can also shut down his mind and act on instinct, and also initially resists telepathy and precognition, Heimdall was still predicting him and reading his mind. So his abilities are layered above Gokus resistance

And Heimdall's time manipulation is also layered, so I don't think he'd have much issues affecting Goku
Ah, well concept manip still smashes Goku. Though I guess Thor needs to land a hit.
Oh yeah forgot about soul hax. But that's also kinda random I suppose. I suppose he'd be a problem.

Yeah but remember Heimdall can read Kratos at first, Kratos can also shut down his mind and act on instinct, and also initially resists telepathy and precognition, Heimdall was still predicting him and reading his mind. So his abilities are layered above Gokus resistance
Kratos didn't actively stop thinking in that fight though? Heimdall could actuvely feel his frustration and the Spear was the main reason Kratos began landing hits.

And Heimdall's time manipulation is also layered, so I don't think he'd have much issues affecting Goku
Hit's is layered as well, and Goku's second encounter has him confidently claim it wouldn't work on him anynore.

I forget how many layers Hit is though, so Heimdall might just have more though.

Back