• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Wait

When Uranus created the Universe in the Ascension Intro...was that JUST the Mortal Universe or does that include the other realms within the Greek Universe as well like Hades/Tartarus etc?

Underworld comes from Tartarus' corpse, though before he died he did get some one-on-one time with Gaia to make Typhon.

Nyx's Realm is... well you guessed it, Nyx's creation.

Same for Thanatos's Domain of Death.

Same for Morpheus's Land of Dreams.
I see

Who killed Tartarus?

I wish we saw a glimpse of what Morpheus looked like

for now only fanart

72959658-53-CD-4-CA7-AA43-E6177-A80-F8-B4.jpg

Typhon being just a rock titan is a shame, they really need to be more over-the-top instead sticking with "grounded" very often, even then Greek Saga GoW was already above "grounded"
That was just narrative and budget constriction, not them trying to be "grounded". They couldn't exactly fit a whole plotline for a monster capable of fighting Zeus within the story I think.

Personally tho, I'd have had a myth accurate Typhon follow Kratos through time to fight Olympus. Would've been dope.

Ares vs Poseidon vs Hades
This is one of those weird "narrative vs wiki" fights.

Canonically, Ares gets clobbered and Poseidon edges out but like, Ares can just take their powers away and force them to fight clones of themselves if need be.

Ares resists all Poseidons Hax but is much weaker. However given time Ares can eventually become even stronger and even surpass him, I think Ares could win.

Hades? Ehhhhhhhh. I think Hades still claps, high diff tho.
Just too haxxed

This is one of those weird "narrative vs wiki" fights.
I genuinely think some of the people higher in the GOW narrative hierarchies are meant to not be effected by hax from weaker dudes, otherwise it would make no sense for Ares to be considered lesser then Brother Kings.

ofcourse that is just my personal belief, not enough to be repped in debates and wikis but still.

I genuinely think some of the people higher in the GOW narrative hierarchies are meant to not be effected by hax from weaker dudes, otherwise it would make no sense for Ares to be considered lesser then Brother Kings.

ofcourse that is just my personal belief, not enough to be repped in debates and wikis but still.
Yeah, true. Technically, Ares hax rapes everyone but Zeus but like, lol no that's not what happens in the verse.

Apparently he does exist in GOW and nearly killed Zeus...even had the similar size of his myth version of reaching the stars in height...though he's a titan in this and not some weird multi headed dragon snake thing like in the myths
The GoW3 Guidebook mentions Gaia sending Typhon against Zeus but the fight isn't described as being anywhere near as lethal.

Yeah Typhon was lame. He should have been an ally that we unleashed to fight Zeus
Unfortunately, Zeus threatened to kill his wife Echidna and their children, so Typhon said no.

Back