• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

bender-futurama.gif
The problem it's that it isn't immeasurabke speed 😈

It really makes me smile whenever I'm arguing with someone and they copy and paste an entire reddit post filled with cope.

"Rain doesn't slow down when Zeus and Kratos are fighting" as if that's a contradiction or anti-feat.

It's some comment on a random video.

The reddit post is from characterrant
So i just visited characterrant and i immediately see Doom, DMC and GoW getting called out.

"Let's not also forget infinite universal 9 dimensional Dante who can flex take out all fiction. The absurd wank for DMC, GoW, and Doom are absolutely disgusting."

So i just visited characterrant and i immediately see Doom, DMC and GoW getting called out.

"Let's not also forget infinite universal 9 dimensional Dante who can flex take out all fiction. The absurd wank for DMC, GoW, and Doom are absolutely disgusting."
The only utterly disgusting thing I see here is the sheer disingenuousness some people have for the verses that they resort to egregious methods of downplay and then proceed to override the actual lore which brings even more contradictions and plot-holes that would make no sense to the narrative.

"Addressing a couple God of War feats (I'm done this time I swear)
Just as in the antifeats thread, I will not be going over every single "high-end" feat in the God of War series. Instead, I'm just going to bring up two commonly used feats and hopefully provide a valid, evidence based interpretation that covers all the facts we observe during those scenes. To start, I'll address the claim that...

Poseidon flooded the world, and Kratos scales to him

The "well duh" answer loops back around into the above answer. Of course Poseidon couldn't have caused the world to flood over, he was dead. It's hard to use your powers if you aren't alive. Similarly, Atreus wouldn't have been able to cause that storm if it was reliant on his strength. He was unconscious and, furthermore, unaware that he had powers at all (aside from a knack for language)."

💀

Just as in the antifeats thread, I will not be going over every single "high-end" feat in the God of War series. Instead, I'm just going to bring up two commonly used feats and hopefully provide a valid, evidence based interpretation that covers all the facts we observe during those scenes. To start, I'll address the claim that...

The "well duh" answer loops back around into the above answer. Of course Poseidon couldn't have caused the world to flood over, he was dead. It's hard to use your powers if you aren't alive. Similarly, Atreus wouldn't have been able to cause that storm if it was reliant on his strength. He was unconscious and, furthermore, unaware that he had powers at all (aside from a knack for language)."

💀
..It's like he didn't even see the Death scene for Poseidon.

💀
Mucho texto and blatant ignorance of magic system. Or Poseidon shaking the world by raising his fist. These are the kinds of answers that irritate me the most.

Mucho texto and blatant ignorance of magic system. Or Poseidon shaking the world by raising his fist. These are the kinds of answers that irritate me the most.
"There's two main avenues by which Kratos scales to Atlas.

The first avenue is the scene in God of War II where Kratos pushed apart Atlas' fingers. The issue with this scaling should become immediately apparent after watching the scene. Atlas is not trying to kill Kratos. During the first squeezing he says that he's going to make Kratos suffer. While he likely intended to kill him later, at the moment he was trying to injure him to prolong his pain. This would also explain why Atlas merely pressed on Kratos with two of his fingers, rather than crushing him in the palm of his hand or smashing him into oblivion.

The second avenue is through Hades, who defeated Atlas during the Great War. The first issue with this claim is also fairly obvious. Hades didn't overpower Atlas on his own. He had the help of a super charged lightning blast from Poseidon to incapacitate him the entire time he was battling Atlas. The second issue with this claim is that both Hades and Poseidon are not in their "base forms" during this scene. Both of them are in their true, godly forms that tower over the forests around them. At no point does Kratos battle a god in their true form and win."

This man is really trying to argue Kratos is weaker than Atlas and the other Gods beacuse they weren't in their " true godly form". This is actually ridiculous.

The first avenue is the scene in God of War II where Kratos pushed apart Atlas' fingers. The issue with this scaling should become immediately apparent after watching the scene. Atlas is not trying to kill Kratos. During the first squeezing he says that he's going to make Kratos suffer. While he likely intended to kill him later, at the moment he was trying to injure him to prolong his pain. This would also explain why Atlas merely pressed on Kratos with two of his fingers, rather than crushing him in the palm of his hand or smashing him into oblivion.

The second avenue is through Hades, who defeated Atlas during the Great War. The first issue with this claim is also fairly obvious. Hades didn't overpower Atlas on his own. He had the help of a super charged lightning blast from Poseidon to incapacitate him the entire time he was battling Atlas. The second issue with this claim is that both Hades and Poseidon are not in their "base forms" during this scene. Both of them are in their true, godly forms that tower over the forests around them. At no point does Kratos battle a god in their true form and win."

This man is really trying to argue Kratos is weaker than Atlas and the other Gods beacuse they weren't in their " true godly form". This is actually ridiculous.
There's not even evidence they have a Godly form beyond their Olympian form lol

It's almost like downscaling does not exist. OH WAIT, IT DOES! And Kratos already shattered his Chains of Torment in order to free his other arm, the same chains Kratos rammed with the Gauntlet of Zeus to imprison Atlas. Shocker!

The second avenue is through Hades, who defeated Atlas during the Great War. The first issue with this claim is also fairly obvious. Hades didn't overpower Atlas on his own. He had the help of a super charged lightning blast from Poseidon to incapacitate him the entire time he was battling Atlas.
I don't see how this is an argument. Hades almost took Cronos' soul for himself but Atlas intervened, and Cronos wasn't going to resist.

Worse still, there is still Kratos, who resisted Hades' soul rip and even matched him in tug of war, overpowering him, that'd put Kratos at or above Atlas at this point. Not to mention Hades has already taken Atlas' soul for himself and would now possess his strength as well, hell, let's just use the intro of GoW3 where Poseidon and Hades one-shot Titans left and right without even trying, even the Hippocamps can one-shot and pierce through Titans like they were cardboard paper.

The second issue with this claim is that both Hades and Poseidon are not in their "base forms" during this scene. Both of them are in their true, godly forms that tower over the forests around them. At no point does Kratos battle a god in their true form and win."
Hades has no Godly form, just size changing shenanigans, Hermes didn't use any godly powers to fight against the Titans either, and for all the "godly form" wank, Kratos bested both of them in their Godly forms even after all of them had undergone the thousands of years worth of empowerment, and I don't see Kratos using any size-changing shenanigans. If anything, they're even more dangerous in their human-sized forms if Zeus is anything to go by, whose power became even more compressed and dense and made him even more dangerous. Almost like size and physical appearance in GoW don't mean jackshit for how strong you are.

When you ignore basic context literally anything is believable.

He is trying to argue that when they become gigantic they become a lot more powerful which is just pure bs on so many fronts.
Unfortunately, the GoW2 novel and Kratos's statement of his strength not coming from his body kill this notion deader than Kratos's own wife and daughter.

When they're in Olympian form, their power is far more concentrated so that's irrelevant
That and Kratos states that his strength does not come from his body, but that both are honed by discipline. Mimir agrees wholeheartedly, even stating that you're strong regardless of your appearance if you're born a god, but if you want the physique of a god, you gotta lift bro.

"Kratos didn't overpower Cronos' slap, Cronos' hand did while Kratos was in the crevice between the two. Kratos then lifted Cronos' hand off of himself (a feat impressive in its own right, Cronos' hand would weigh thousands of tons), but he didn't stop the slap outright."
💀💀💀

"Kratos didn't overpower Cronos' slap, Cronos' hand did while Kratos was in the crevice between the two. Kratos then lifted Cronos' hand off of himself (a feat impressive in its own right, Cronos' hand would weigh thousands of tons), but he didn't stop the slap outright."
💀💀💀
This is just legit the ranter having sub-zero temperature IQ. Where the **** is this shit from?

Also, from what ******* angle does it look like Cronos's slap stopped itself? Does the user not know how full-power slaps work?

Even worse, we see Kratos put visible resistance on that same exact spot where Cronos slaps the moment his slap stops, if Kratos was really in the crevice, he would have had no reason to lift up to begin with to save his own skin and there would be no contact to begin with, making the QTE moot, also it doesn't matter where Kratos stopped the charge because you're still stopping the momentum of the entire arm.

Worse still, if you fail the QTE, Cronos crushes him in that exact same spot without having to think where exactly to crush Kratos. Wouldn't it be weird if it took Cronos a couple of seconds to realize Kratos wasn't even there when he slapped?

This is just legit the ranter having sub-zero temperature IQ. Where the **** is this shit from?

Also, from what ******* angle does it look like Cronos's slap stopped itself? Does the user not know how full-power slaps work?

This is the same guy's take on Kratos chaining Atlas in GoW CoO:

"Yes, I remember, but Atlas still wasn't trying to kill Kratos in that scene, he was trying to torture him. While I didn't expect Atlas to use all four arms (since the world would crumble if he did), he didn't even use one arm to crush Kratos, even though he clearly could've."

This is the same guy's take on Kratos chaining Atlas in GoW CoO:

"Yes, I remember, but Atlas still wasn't trying to kill Kratos in that scene, he was trying to torture him. While I didn't expect Atlas to use all four arms (since the world would crumble if he did), he didn't even use one arm to crush Kratos, even though he clearly could've."
Atlas wasn't trying to torture him, he was deadass pissed and was just about done listening to Kratos' rambling, slowly crushing him until there was nothing left.

Even if he was, Kratos still held him back long enough to hear out his side of the story, so downscaling would still happen here. I don't see his point.

The four-arm argument doesn't work since Herc did the feat for Atlas for an unknown period of time, but given Herc's disappointment with the labors at how trivial they were to him, it can be safely assessed that the World lifting feat wasn't much for him either.

I genuinely want the link to this bullshit now.

Atlas wasn't trying to torture him, he was deadass pissed and was just about done listening to Kratos' rambling, slowly crushing him until there was nothing left.

Even if he was, Kratos still held him back long enough to hear out his side of the story, so downscaling would still happen here. I don't see his point.

The four-arm argument doesn't work since Herc did the feat for Atlas for an unknown period of time, but given Herc's disappointment with the labors at how trivial they were to him, it can be safely assessed that the World lifting feat wasn't much for him either.

I genuinely want the link to this bullshit now.
You mean the reddit post?

Back