• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Btw I hope Thrud gets a page soon, since she's shown to be clearly superior to Base Loki (like when she threatened him at blade point and his base was kinda helpless).

Btw I hope Thrud gets a page soon, since she's shown to be clearly superior to Base Loki (like when she threatened him at blade point and his base was kinda helpless).
She's pretty solidly above him physically;

• She threatens him with a sword and pins him to a wall.
  • She's capable of dislodging the same sword that Loki couldn't budge, with one hand.
  • Can tear through Einherjar with no issue.
  • Took an admittedly casual Mjolnir toss from Odin without issue.

She'd get "At most 2-C" as well.

• She's capable of dislodging the same sword that Loki couldn't budge, with one hand.
Keep in mind that just one Einherjar made Atreus struggle a bit.

I wonder if we could find a way to make her flat out 2-C...

She also took a hit from Garm, and took punches from Heimdall (when one punch to the gut had Atreus on his knees and hands).

Keep in mind that just one Einherjar made Atreus struggle a bit.

I wonder if we could find a way to make her flat out 2-C...
Lol, no. She never at any point fights a top tier on even grounds.

I feel like the large number of Nordic Tier 2s makes people forget that these people are;

• The strongest goddess in the pantheon.
  • The Valkyrie Queens.
  • Top level Aesir Gods
  • The strongest god in the pantheon.
  • The matriarch of the realm devouring Lindwyrms.
  • The Hound of Hel
  • The World Serpent.
  • A Pantheon Slayer

And so on. All of them are head and shoulders above the rest.

Lol, no. She never at any point fights a top tier on even grounds.

I feel like the large number of Nordic Tier 2s makes people forget that these people are;

• The strongest goddess in the pantheon.
  • The Valkyrie Queens.
  • Top level Aesir Gods
  • The strongest god in the pantheon.
  • The matriarch of the realm devouring Lindwyrms.
  • The Hound of Hel
  • The World Serpent.
  • A Pantheon Slayer

And so on. All of them are head and shoulders above the rest.
Fair.

Seems weird we scale Wolf Atreus to the level of these guys for doing minor harm to Odin, but whatever.

Fair.

Seems weird we scale Wolf Atreus to the level of these guys for doing minor harm to Odin, but whatever.
I'm ambivalent towards Wolf Atreus scaling but Bjorn definitely compares, seeing as it holds its own decently well against Kratos and rips a Valkyrie in two.

Is it possible that there's potentially a being that turned Athena into a higher dimensional being?

I mean, I don't think you just become higher dimensional magically, and she said herself that it was for the sacrifice she did.

I'm ambivalent towards Wolf Atreus scaling but Bjorn definitely compares, seeing as it holds its own decently well against Kratos and rips a Valkyrie in two.
Oh, I'm fully on board with the bear scaling.

I was always a supporter of 2-C Bear Boi.

Is it possible that there's potentially a being that turned Athena into a higher dimensional being?

I mean, I don't think you just become higher dimensional magically, and she said herself that it was for the sacrifice she did.
She was the first god to truly sacrifice themselves and die for a selfless cause (in her mind) and we see how Ymir's death, which led to the creation of the Realms, created a Rift that led to what is very likely the higher plane (source of all Creation and shows those who view it truth itself). So it might just be the case.

Then again, Odin told Mimir that a voice whispered to him to find the Mask and look inside so maybe...

She was the first god to truly sacrifice themselves and die for a selfless cause (in her mind) and we see how Ymir's death, which led to the creation of the Realms, created a Rift that led to what is very likely the higher plane (source of all Creation and shows those who view it truth itself). So it might just be the case.

Then again, Odin told Mimir that a voice whispered to him to find the Mask and look inside so maybe...
Athena should've had more appearances.

Maybe Atreus, Freya, and Mimir could've learned about what happened to Helios and Mimir remarks that he was not the first decapitated head Kratos used as a tool.

Maybe not, but I don't mind a flat 2-C rating.

She tank a point blank Mjolnir blow from Odin right after he one shotted Thor.
I doubt he was aiming to kill her (he says as much even).
And she later claims Mjolnir for herself, and is training to be a Valkyrie
Future Thrud will definitely be flat 2-C. Now though, eeeeh.

Maybe not, but I don't mind a flat 2-C rating.

She tank a point blank Mjolnir blow from Odin right after he one shotted Thor.

And she later claims Mjolnir for herself, and is training to be a Valkyrie
Yeah, and it's implied that the main thing stopping her from being an actual Valkyrie is Odin and Sif.

Athena should've had more appearances.

Maybe Atreus, Freya, and Mimir could've learned about what happened to Helios and Mimir remarks that he was not the first decapitated head Kratos used as a tool.
Agreed. Athena was just a bummer cliffhanger.

I doubt he was aiming to kill her (he says as much even).
He killed his own son seconds prior, so I wouldn't be shocked (ha) if he wasn't holding back, even if he wasn't I think that could still be used.

Even if, there's a big difference between pre potential realization and post realization Atreus, The latter could Harm Kratos with arrows, kick Baldur in the face, and give a Odin a haymaker. She's definitely stronger than him in base.
Future Thrud will definitely be flat 2-C. Now though, eeeeh.
I guess it depends on what we figure to do with base Atreus

Was there ever a reason why Atlas is seen to be the only being who survived a soul rip?
I mean, he's not the only being technically. Hades was apparently barely alive after the fact and died shortly afterwards due to the souls and his injuries overwhelming him. In Norse, you can visibly just survive without your soul, if the animals in Jotunheim and Garm/Fenrir are any indication.

So uh, Kratos references Sisyphus in Ragnarok. Which means some bloke captured Thanatos at some point.....

Hm? Can you elaborate?
In the myth of Sisyphus, he's slated to die by the gods of Olympus, who send Thanatos himself to take the guy to the Underworld. He tricks Thanatos, restrains him with his own binds and tosses Death into a box and locks it up. People can't die and Ares gets pissed, finds Thanatos, busts him out and of course sends Sisyphus to be judged. When that happens he lies to Persephone about going back to finish stuff in 3 days before dying and lives out the rest of his life.

When he died of old age, he was punished to carry a boulder to the top of a mountain and have it go back down only to repeat that forever. Kratos references this.

In the myth of Sisyphus, he's slated to die by the gods of Olympus, who send Thanatos himself to take the guy to the Underworld. He tricks Thanatos, restrains him with his own binds and tosses Death into a box and locks it up. People can't die and Ares gets pissed, finds Thanatos, busts him out and of course sends Sisyphus to be judged. When that happens he lies to Persephone about going back to finish stuff in 3 days before dying and lives out the rest of his life.

When he died of old age, he was punished to carry a boulder to the top of a mountain and have it go back down only to repeat that forever. Kratos references this.
Ironically it further supports CM1/AE1 for Thanatos/Death.
Lmfao.

Since part of Ragnarok story is preventing Thor from killing kratos fo y'all Think odin lifted the cursed (if fate wasn't prevented)/it was lifted or Thor can just neg curse based Immortallity?

Thoughts on this post? I personally thought it was well-written, albeit not exactly inline with the scaling on this wiki

Thoughts on this post? I personally thought it was well-written, albeit not exactly inline with the scaling on this wiki
"Infinite speed Thor"

Also, Kratos would easily take combat skill. Kratos as the God of War probably knows every single war, technique, etc.

IMO Kratos easily wins.

"Infinite speed Thor"
bender-futurama.gif

Back