• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Wouldn't even matter cause Kratos can close that gap quick with AD. So I guess Kratos vs Toei DBZ is a stomp.

Maybe The Furies could have decent matches with DBZ? Or some of the other Demigods once they get pages

Guys, a crazy person told me that Kratos doesn't have infinite speed because of that

If Kratos had infinite speed (GOW 2 only):
1. he would not have had to fall from the sky to fight the Spartans
2. he would not have used a horse
3. Wouldn't have done several circumventions, like facing Perseus and Theseus to reach the Sisters' temple
4. No need to face the Barbarian King
5. Medusa's path would be non-existent compared to the objective
6. In the temple, it should not suffer from temporal deceleration, infinite speed does not suffer from it
7. In the fight against Zeus, the rain would not fall, infinite speed moves completely with time stopped (in the fighters perception), it would be all instantaneous, there is no time for rain to fall here

Guys, a crazy person told me that Kratos doesn't have infinite speed because of that

3. Wouldn't have done several circumventions, like facing Perseus and Theseus to reach the Sisters' temple
6. In the temple, it should not suffer from temporal deceleration, infinite speed does not suffer from it
7. In the fight against Zeus, the rain would not fall, infinite speed moves completely with time stopped (in the fighters perception), it would be all instantaneous, there is no time for rain to fall here
8. We can see Kratos moving at normal speeds in the games so he is clearly not infinite speed.

Seems reasonable to me. Can we also downgrade Wonder Woman to peak human speeds since she had to use a horse once?

In all seriousness, this guy is a joke.

Wouldn't even matter cause Kratos can close that gap quick with AD. So I guess Kratos vs Toei DBZ is a stomp.

Maybe The Furies could have decent matches with DBZ? Or some of the other Demigods once they get pages
Furies is even worse cause they spam their illusions. Which can overcome Kratos' resistance to mind stuff, which is 4-D.

@KLOL506 @Planck69 @Theglassman12

considering that Freya said nothing in the norse realms can light a fire in Helheim which would include Surtur.

does that mean the heat of the Blades has always been>Surtr's heat that created the heat in the norse universe considering it didn't light fires in helheim? if yes.

1. does that mean Blades always have reached and tanked planck temperatures?
2. does it crosscale to pre pandora box Kratos and if yes, what does it mean for his ascension profile?
This is complete headcanon but I always assumed it was because it was because the Blades are imbued with Greek magic that don’t abide by the rules of the Norse realms

The next game will probably be set in Egyptian mythology and the story will focus more on Kratos. We saw this in the comic. Studio will definitely show this in the game.
With Kratos potentially being the new Allfather and rebuilding the realms I think it would make more sense if the focus is on Atreus and Angrboda going to multiple mythologies. It’s also mentioned in Ragnarok and shown in Fallen God that the pantheon in Egypt are pretty peaceful so idk if the focus would be on that one specifically, having multiple pantheons take the place of realms in the next game would be cool.

With Kratos potentially being the new Allfather and rebuilding the realms I think it would make more sense if the focus is on Atreus and Angrboda going to multiple mythologies. It’s also mentioned in Ragnarok and shown in Fallen God that the pantheon in Egypt are pretty peaceful so idk if the focus would be on that one specifically, having multiple pantheons take the place of realms in the next game would be cool.
Meh, I think an Egypt game would be cool as shit.

Also, more powerful Gods.

By the way, where is it stated that they're more peaceful in Ragnarok?

Also getting to see multiple pantheons and mythologies instead of being limited to one would be awesome. I have a feeling they'll be more of a focus on Chinese mythology if there's going to focus on a specific pantheon since the game director for Ragnarok said that there's a reason why post-game Tyr is doing tai chi and other meditation stuff across the realms. Shit the next game could be a retelling of Journey to the West with Atreus and Angrboda tagging along 👀

Gods fall faster from Olympus.

Human Kratos.

Was weakened at the time.

Was a Demigod.

Was a demigod, wasn't a God.

This is honestly a common problem in literally any video game franchise you can think about, where peeps can channel lightning and hurl it at things but still see the rain moving. There's also a thing called maintaining balance, tension and drama within a game despite the devs acknowledging Kratos to be indeed that fast, nevermind the fact that Zeus has his own version of a dash in the games that eclipses his bestowed Essence of Hyperion Speed of Light move.

Gods fall faster from Olympus.

Human Kratos.

Was a Demigod.

Was a demigod, wasn't a God.

This is honestly a common problem in literally any video game franchise you can think about, where peeps can channel lightning and hurl it at things but still see the rain moving. There's also a thing called maintaining balance, tension and drama within a game despite the devs acknowledging Kratos to be indeed that fast, nevermind the fact that Zeus has his own version of a dash in the games that eclipses his bestowed Essence of Hyperion Speed of Light move.
I like how majority of these are literally summed up with "He wasn't a ******* God at that time, moron."

Back