• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Possible Low 1-C Upgrade (STAFF ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this 5D space (Realm Between Realms) containing the 4D volume construct (Yggdrasil) would be a Low 1-C construct then? That is also another point many have been asking clarification on.

I will leave the rest of the nitty-gritty details for Planck to handle.
It would be 5D. Whether it would be 5D in a Tiering System applicable (i.e. Low 1-C) way would be another point of debate. Is it important to some character if it is? (Asking because I'm lazy when it comes to debating tiers of things that don't matter)

The main aspect of the argument is that the Yggdrasil spreads its branches infinitely across said 5-dimensional space. If that's still Tier 2 then there's not much more I can add to the thread I suppose.
Like, the diameter of a timeline is also infinite in 5D space, but its 5D volume is 0. Basically, you can stretch 3 or 4D corridors infinitely far through 5D space, so that can indeed still be Tier 2. It's a bit like branching timelines, essentially.

That's just support for the different time flows not just being localised in the same space, since they're spatially separate dimensions/realities and suspended in a higher order space. And personally, I'd think the qualifier being specifically the dimension and not some arbitrary limit is a good indicator but eh, it's ultimately not that important.
I mean, different flows of time and different dimensions of time are kinda different things. Like, all rivers that flow south to north or north to south flow in the same "dimension", but they flow differently.

Basically it boils down to this for the Yggdrasil's attributes:
  • Transcending space and time.
  • Being infinitely larger than 4-D/Low 2-C structures Realms (Though no direct size comparison is given, the branches are merely stated to stretch to infinity).
  • Not being affected by the nature of 4-D structures (Realm Shift means nothing to the World Tree at all).
  • The endless cycle of "creation, destruction, rebirth, destiny, space, time, death and life" is merely an aspect of the World Tree.
  • The Light of Alfheim, which itself is a higher-dimensional force than the 4-D/Low 2-C structures, is also merely an aspect of Yggdrasil.
So, if the tree doesn't get Low 1-C, what would it get?

@DontTalkDT @Ultima_Reality Would it be 2-A? Or just 2-C?
The Light of Alfheim thing has not really been mentioned yet, I think? What is it and in which sense is it higher-dimensional?

It would be 5D. Whether it would be 5D in a Tiering System applicable (i.e. Low 1-C) way would be another point of debate. Is it important to some character if it is? (Asking because I'm lazy when it comes to debating tiers of things that don't matter)
Not from what I can tell, no. Maybe Athena, but details about the RBR are too scarce to make heads and tails out of it for scaling anywhere else.

Athena transcensd the plane of existence that the pantheons and Realm Between Realms are on and Kratos scales in his strongest key. So, it's tier would affect them.
Like, the diameter of a timeline is also infinite in 5D space, but its 5D volume is 0. Basically, you can stretch 3 or 4D corridors infinitely far through 5D space, so that can indeed still be Tier 2. It's a bit like branching timelines, essentially.
Ah, I see.

@KLOL506

Can you give me a summary of who agrees with 2-A, agrees/disagrees with Low 1-C and disagrees altogether? I've been busy with travel stuff so I couldn't keep up with the thread much.

Agree with Low 1-C Yggdrasil: 0

Disagree with Low 1-C Yggdrasil: 7 - Me, UchihaSlayer96, Elizhaa, Qawsedf, DontTalkDT, Lonkitt, DarkDragonMedeus

Agree with 2-A: 3- Planck69, Elizhaa, Qawsedf (Needs more input and elaboration from DT and Ultima as new info came to light)

Disagree with 2-A: 2 - DarkDragonMedeus, UchihaSlayer96

Agree with 5-D RBR: 5 (2 votes Maybe) - Qawsedf234, DarkDragonMedeus, UchihaSlayer96, DontTalkDT (Maybe), Executor N0 (Maybe) (Needs more input)

Neutral on Low 1-C Ygg: 2 - Executor N0, Marvel_FUTURE_FIGHT_GAMER

Disagree on Low 1-C altogether: 0

Last edited:
Yeah it's joever for 2-A Ygg.

FyHd3BRXsBMvzOg.jpg

Sorry for commenting in staff only thread, but i just want to put it in here. I will not respond anymore.

this picture is good example regarding finite hypervolume.
21282f7d-4da3-42db-aba6-2f76992e1b60

same case like yggrassil. The size can be infinite, but the volume is not. In 3D modelling world there is imaginary box called "bounding box" to represent volume of 3D model. Usually simple model like 3D cube able to fill the hypervolume completely, while complex shapes like tree is not.
But still yggrassil can get 5-D due to powerscalling stuff (thanks to light of alfheim or RBR)

But still yggrassil can get 5-D due to powerscalling stuff (thanks to light of alfheim or RBR)
Yeah no that ain't gonna happen. There is nothing to guarantee RBR shit scaling to the Tree in any capacity whatsoever.

I have given @Tanin_iver permission to add to this thread about the topic. He states he has something contributive to provide. I will wait, as he needs time to formulate his comment.

I have given @Tanin_iver permission to add to this thread about the topic. He states he has something contributive to provide. I will wait, as he needs time to formulate his comment.
I don't believe Calculation Group members are allowed to do that.
  • Only staff members with evaluation rights can authorize regular members to participate in Staff Discussion threads. Thread Moderators and Administrators can only grant permission for a single post at a time; only Bureaucrats have the discretion to grant permission for indefinite posting rights. If a staff member determines that a regular member has misused their granted privileges, another staff member can remove them.

Looking through this thread, I think I'm against Low 1-C. 5-D RBR makes sense to me as well.
As for 2-A, I'm honestly not too sure. I'll stay neutral on that for now until DT and Ultima give their final say on that, but from the looks of things, that one's probably joever.
So in the end, I probably overall mirror DDM's conclusions; 2-C Ygg's probably the way to go.

Assuming you're aware that it's the Yggdrasil extending infinitely across the Realm Between Realms relative to the finite Nine Realms (rather than having the usual infinite realities), then I'm also fine with 2-A if nothing else.
Sorta late, but yeah I'm aware of it. I still ultimately think it's just a 2-A thing though.
Well, 2-C and above realms are 5-D, just finite. With 2-A being countably infinite and Low 1-C needing to be uncountable on a 5-D scale or something along those lines.

Low 1-C just means that there's 5-Dimensional Axis while 2-A means something containing infinite universes with different 4-D axis. Blowing up a single universe can be a Low 1-C feat, but blowing up a multiverse composed of infinite 5-D spaces is also a Low 1-C feat. Tier 2 is just the only tier that separates the individual space time part explicitly (since that's more common in fiction than any of the higher tiers).

Low 1-C just means that there's 5-Dimensional Axis while 2-A means something containing infinite universes with different 4-D axis. Blowing up a single universe can be a Low 1-C feat, but blowing up a multiverse composed of infinite 5-D spaces is also a Low 1-C feat. Tier 2 is just the only tier that separates the individual space time part explicitly (since that's more common in fiction than any of the higher tiers).
2-A is destroying an infinite number of 4-D sized universes and the spatial dimension that separates 2 or more universes has technically called the 5th dimension. Yes, temporal dimensions are qualitively superior by nature so an extra temporal dimension is considered Low 1-C, but simply having an X-D axis does not warrant any tiers without more detailed context.

Bump.

So, @DontTalkDT @Ultima_Reality, would being infinitely larger than numerous 4-D space-time continuums/universe-sized objects and encompassing them constitute 2-A? Or would it remain stuck at 2-C? Does the Light of Alfheim part mean anything in this case?
Honestly I don't have much of a precedent to judge this case by, so, I'll just let DontTalk do the talking here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back