• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little bit of a follow up on the earlier calc

unknown.png

unknown.png

6528510 Joules
This is a measly 6 million joules compared to the 240+ million joules for the vaporization of a human
This is the amount of energy required to vaporize the sword after it's already been heated to its boiling point

The total energy required to vaporize a spartan sword is way less than the total energy required to vaporize a human

So the swords would definitely be vaporized if the energy beam was doing it through pure energy and not some hax

Last edited:
To the Non-Physical or my Album Idea?
Could help us be more comprehensive with our justifications without bloating the page
Bloated pages are kinda just a staple of the wiki tbh. I don't see how we could make it any better. A topic for another time at the very least.

Question here.

Does interacting and killing a type 1 concept and a type 1 abstract grant you the ability to interact with voids?

Yeah, I think the only thing up in the air now is Scourge, which is reasonable. Everything else seems to be in order.

Looks good. I think this is more accurate
  • Durability Negation for the blade of Olympus, and by default Zeus and Kratos
    Durability Negation
Ok i am fine with durability negation
  • Kratos resistances- Durability Negation, Deconstruction
this is good too

• Ares and Zeus get resistance to Petrification, Transmutation, and Soul Manipulation for resisting Kratos' abilities (Zeus also gets resistance to durability negation as well).
i agree

bump

Ok so...Durability Negation explains why none of the armor and stuff was effected because Zeus simply circumvented it.

But it still doesn't explain what he did to the humans. That attack as the calc Obi showed was not done by heat nor AP/pure energy attack.

It has to do with some hax, cause if Zeus used any amount of AP, he's wiping out the entire city without trying.

It's an actual thing in fiction for extremely powerful characters to limit the extent of their destructive power. That's all I can deduce from that cutscene honestly. It can't be BFR because the VFX for using that banishing power is visually distinct from the BoO incinerating stuff and reducing people to ashes and embers.

1.Of course Zeus limited his destructive power. Dude shakes the world in the novels by raising his voice, his "limiting" could've annihilated everything on the horizon in an instant, especially with the BoO which is a conduit for his godly might.
2. There's no ashes, just tiny embers that dissipate within a second. They spontaneously combust in an instant leaving nothing behind but their armor. Their whole selves were yeeted.
3. Durability Negation is fine, and explains why the armor isn't affected if the attack was done by something else besides AP and shows Zeus is capable of only affecting the targets he wishes to. The problem is durability negation wouldn't account for the fact that if Zeus did use heat to kill the humans, durability negation isn't protecting the armor at all, it would just stop the energy wave from directly touching the armor. The heat itself would annihilate the armor before it did the humans if it was heat, no matter if the swipe itself bypassed the armor. We're talking about a 6 million vs 240+ million joule difference. If you argue AP, then Zeus outputted enough heat from the wave to vaporize humans instantly, and the armor wouldn't stand a minute chance of surviving that amount of heat output, especially considering the humans who got vaporized are wearing said armor, so it would be literal inches/centimeters of distance between a 240+ million joule attack.

Of course this is all magic. I agree with your take on Poseidon's rage because of this. Magic=/=Ap by default though. Tbh when I think of magic, I think of hax before AP. That's just me though.
I'm saying that raw energy just isn't possible here. Now If it's hax, then it makes far more sense, because then Zeus could've easily ignored all the equipment on the battlefield via Durability Negation as you mentioned, and made sure the hax only affected the targets he wanted it to. That level of control of hax is far more likely. Zeus killing them via raw energy that vaporized them completely in an instant while also not having any effect whatsoever on anything else is impossible.
The reference for common feats I posted earlier with the calc, the 240 million joules is if there were dry bone fragments left behind. There was nothing left behind here, that was just the low end. The actual amount of energy outputted in this feat is 292,092,454 joules or 0.069818 ton TNT (Small Building level).
I find it highly unlikely fodder spartan armor with hair on the top of their helmets would survive even being remotely near this amount of raw energy.

An energy wave that bypasses physical barriers such as armors and attacks specific targets is what it boils down to.
The subset of magic under the Durability Negation page perfectly fits the bill here.

-Magic - Users that can both mimic the effects of the above manipulations, and work on completely different laws, also ignore durability.

As for what Zeus did to the humans themselves, up for debate. I just don't believe it's logical at all to assume the armor would survive that much raw energy.

I think ima just remove scourge from the equation because too many people have an issue with it and it's the only thing stonewalling this thread again
I will say scourge needs to have more hax just in general. The only thing it's labeled to do on the profile is "healing".

I think ima just remove scourge from the equation because too many people have an issue with it and it's the only thing stonewalling this thread again
I will say scourge needs to have more hax just in general. The only thing it's labeled to do on the profile is "healing".
It'd be space manipulation, Life Force Absorption and (iirc) Homing Attack.
You could probably apply the stuff we've agreed with so far (which is good because I want to make my revisions lol)

But we deny Void...smfh
Are you aware Space Manipulation often includes creating vortexes and vacuums (kinda like the Mini Black Holes that Erinys' Scourge is) and this is expressly mentioned in the page
When you reply; make sure it's something worth saying because we need to wrap this up.
I think I'd need one more staff to apply OP here.
Support seems pretty good (I think we got three staff) but if you want we can get more

Resistance to durability negation doesn’t make any sense. You can’t resist something so broad that it can be done in so many different ways.

everything else is fine.

Oh, almost missed that. Yeah, glassman is right, you can't really resist Durability Negation. That should be changed to specify the method used to negate durability.

(I think it's Reaper and Soul)
Actually checking this out, and yes I did question why I was contacted for a verse my knowledge on can be summed up as "murder gods and be Bearded God".

So yes, I agree with what Hellbeast has accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back