• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just adding some hax here and there for a couple characters.

• Deconstruction for kratos via eye of atlantis and Poseidon's Rage
    Rage
    Eye of Atlantis
  • Durability Negation for the blade of Olympus, and by default Zeus and Kratos
    Durability Negation
  • Kratos resistances- Deconstruction, Spatial Manipulation
  • Ares and Zeus get resistance to Petrification, Transmutation, and Soul Manipulation for resisting Kratos' abilities
  • Zeus curse manipulation, animal manipulation, and unconventional immortality negation via Prometheus
    Prometheus
  • Blade of Olympus conceptual manipulation
  • Space manipulation, Life Force Absorption and Homing Attack via scourge.

Last edited:
Just adding some hax here and there for a couple characters.

• Matter Manip for kratos via eye of atlantis and Poseidon's Rage (Poseidon is already established as having matter manipulation as part of his powers on the wiki)
Where?
It's not on the page
Rage was decided as vaporization based on it's sheer electrical power; not because of any esoteric matter hax. We used to have it as such but that was removed ages ago I believe https://imgur.com/a/KK7Dj
Is Soul Manipulation; Poseidon has Soul Users in categories but not in his powers tho (that should be fixed)
Nothing about the Eye actually talks about Matter Manipulation in any context.
  • Deconstruction for the blade of Olympus, and by default Zeus and Kratos
    Deconstruction
That's very clearly them being scorched by the heat and power of the blast (you can see orange flames bursting from them) and the sound design and remains are consistent with scorching
  • Kratos resistances- Matter Manipulation (Unfazed by Poseidon trident), Deconstruction
  • Ares and Zeus get resistance to Petrification, Transmutation, and Soul Manipulation for resisting Kratos' abilities
Where does Transmutation come from?
Otherwise mostly fine (there's other stuff for Petrification in the novel regarding Aphrodite)
  • Zeus curse manipulation and unconventional immortality negation via Prometheus
    Prometheus
That should just be Curse and Animal Manipulation (Zeus claimed in the novelisation of II that he magically bonded the eagle to Prometheus)
I'm assuming this is because of the prior conceptual stuff in which case probably fine.
We've agreed before it doesn't count as Void Manipulation
Does not count as Void Manipulation; I don't recall statements calling Chaos a void and we nver see the Blades do anything that fit the definition of Void Manipulation

That's very clearly them being scorched by the heat and power of the blast (you can see orange flames bursting from them) and the sound design and remains are consistent with scorching
Nope, its a thin blade wave.
It cut their midsections and the effect of it ate their body up untill they got vaporised.

Its deconstructing.
If it wasn't agreed for whatever reasons then, it should be now.
Does not count as Void Manipulation; I don't recall statements calling Chaos a void and we nver see the Blades do anything that fit the definition of Void Manipulation
Context.....bro.
Its literally talking about the Primordial realm.
Before Existence of time and reality would be Void.
And it ain't namesake either.
Rage was decided as vaporization based on it's sheer electrical power; not because of any esoteric matter hax. We used to have it as such but that was removed ages ago I believe https://imgur.com/a/
The side effects and collateral damage are to clean to be dismissed as vaporisation via Electricity.
There will always be some ashes or smoke at best or charred physical remains at worst.

While scan mentions its all gone so thoroughly that even smoke does not remain.
Its powered by same magic as Posiedon's own. Hell its his own magic.

destroying both the soul and the body
Rage was decided as vaporization based on it's sheer electrical power; not because of any esoteric matter hax. We used to have it as such but that was removed ages ago I believe

Gilver clarified above
Is Soul Manipulation; Poseidon has Soul Users in categories but not in his powers tho (that should be fixed)
It's his innate power, same concept of him and power bestowal upon his champions.
This clearly has absolutely nothing to do with AP or a side effect of the energy wave at all. If that was the case then then all of the equipment would've been annihilated too, but it wasn't.
Deconstruction
Note that natural side effects from powers, such as Energy Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Vibration Manipulation, and other abilities that can produce enough energy output to destroy or dismantle objects, do not mean that characters automatically qualify for this ability, unless the abilities in question specifically and directly focus on deconstruction in itself, rather than as a consequence.
The equipment was utterly unfazed, which means that it was not a consequence here.
Where does Transmutation come from?
Otherwise mostly fine (there's other stuff for Petrification in the novel regarding Aphrodite)
Soul of hades GoW 1 for Ares, drawing a blank on Zeus but it's something to do with hades' power as well of course.
That should just be Curse and Animal Manipulation (Zeus claimed in the novelisation of II that he magically bonded the eagle to Prometheus)
Yep
I'm assuming this is because of the prior conceptual stuff in which case probably fine.
Yep
This is my fault. I am proposing this because I disagreed with it because of misinformation. I was told that it was referred to as a "black void" from an outside source, and was being hardheaded about it in the thread. You and I were the only ones who disagreed with it on the thread, everyone else agreed, glass didn't apply it because I talked to him about it on discord and he spoke with bambu privately as well. Lately, I have figured out it was never referred to as a black void, and so I changed my mind. You can even argue it was accepted, you and I just didn't agree. I do now, and am re-proposing it. We can wait on further input for it, but if we only go by primary canon, it's blatant as can be about it being a void.
Athena states the blades aren't just a namesake, and were made from the "primordial realm" that Ouranos conquered. Persephone reiterates on this in-game, stating that all of creation would return to chaos (nothingness) because that's all there was before creation.

Last edited:
Nope, its a thin blade wave.
It cut their midsections and the effect of it ate their body up untill they got vaporised.
Yeah so the blast is superheated
Really why is it deconstructing?
Its deconstructing.

If it wasn't agreed for whatever reasons then, it should be now.
It shouldn't; it's literally just saying "it's a void" and that's basically all the evidence we're using for it to be Void manip despite it not fitting the other criteria
Please read the page
Context.....bro.
Sources: Trust Me Bro
Its literally talking about the Primordial realm.
Before Existence of time and reality would be Void. And it ain't namesake either.
And this is relevant how?
It's still clearly not using the full power of Chaos unless you're seriously implying the 7-B (Which is bullshit) Kratos is lugging around a weapon with insane Universal power which is opening Pandora's Box in regards to the powerscaling.
Drawing from a Power Source doesn't mean you fully scale to that power source at all; this is why we don't have everyone and his dog in the verse as Infinite Speed

The side effects and collateral damage are to clean to be dismissed as vaporisation via Electricity.
Literally the way it's been treated by the Wiki for years and there's no other example of "matter manipulation"
Poseidon never does it; the Eye of Atlantis (that wields a fragment of his might) doesn't and none of the Poseidon based magic shit from Ascension ever involves manipulation of matter beyond "Ice Go BRR"

It being vaporization via sheer might is the only way it could be quantified unless you want to claim it isn't vaporization at all
Its powered by same magic as Posiedon's own. Hell its his own magic.
Irrelevant; Poseidon's magic has no feats of matter manip (Please prove me wrong)

destroying both the soul and the body
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfx9IX-TH-4
Literally means nothing of the sort you're implying; damaging the body could easily be referring to the scorching power that comes from electrical charges.

Can't wait till we add Matter Manipulation to any use of electricity in fiction.
There's no outright mention of it manipulating states of matter at all and it doesn't help that electricity is infamously known for it's ability to burn and kill via electrocution.
This clearly has absolutely nothing to do with AP or a side effect of the energy wave at all. If that was the case then then all of the equipment would've been annihilated too, but it wasn't.
Deconstruction
Note that natural side effects from powers, such as Energy Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Vibration Manipulation, and other abilities that can produce enough energy output to destroy or dismantle objects, do not mean that characters automatically qualify for this ability, unless the abilities in question specifically and directly focus on deconstruction in itself, rather than as a consequence.
The equipment was utterly unfazed, which means that it was not a consequence here.
Are you aware that metal has an incredibly higher melting point then ******* skin
Soul of hades GoW 1 for Ares, drawing a blank on Zeus but it's something to do with hades' power as well of course.
Oh the Arms; wouldn't that be better for Conversion/Corruption? Either way I guess that makes sense
This is my fault. I am proposing this because I disagreed with it because of misinformation. I was told that it was referred to as a "black void" from an outside source, and was being hardheaded about it in the thread. You and I were the only ones who disagreed with it on the thread, everyone else agreed, glass didn't apply it because I talked to him about it on discord. Lately, I have figured out it was never referred to as a black void, and so I changed my mind. You can even argue it was accepted, you and I just didn't agree. I do now, and am re-proposing it. We can wait on further input for it, but if we only go by primary canon, it's blatant as can be about it being a void.
Yes by one statement of it being a "void" which barely gives any elaboration on what that means or any feats of manipulating non existence.
You can argue it could have been accepted all you want; it's not on the page and I still disagree with it
Athena states the blades aren't just a namesake, and were made from the "primordial realm" that Ouranos conquered. Persephone reiterates on this in-game, stating that all of creation would return to chaos (nothingness) because that's all there was before creation.
Once again power source does not = total output and we never see the Blades manipulate nonexistence throughout the series

There isn't any blast.
There's very clearly a blue energy moving outwards from the slash, which we can use as a projectile in gameplay.
It's energy Projection
I and Obi already explained.
No you didn't; you just said "oh but it has to be" without further elaboration at all.
Going by your logic, superheated laserbeams cutting objects would also cause them to "scorch away" completely.

The fact fact that their bodies were only affected tells a lot.
It doesn't; Bronze and Iron has a far higher melting point then human skin
The armor being unaffected just means the blast wasn't hot enough to vaporize the metal; that's it. It's honestly the simplest explanation here rather then it being a type of deconstruction that just arbitrarily doesn't effect metal
Will comment on rest later.
I'm excited

Last edited:
There's very clearly a blue energy moving outwards from the slash, which we can use as a projectile in gameplay.
It's energy Projection
I doubt you even read my previous comments.
I called it a energy blade. Energy Projection can be portrayed however one wants.....blades, blasts, beams, whatever the hell your creativity can come up with.
In this case Its not a blast. Its a 1 inch thin ass energy blade that cuts the enemy. You can literally see that when Zeus launches it.
like Kienzan.
Only 2 differences.
1)The wave is wider.
2) The humans who get cut are ""vaporised"" violently. Nothing else is affected. Not even the blood on the armour. If it was heat. You'd atleast expect them to get ""scorched"" or suffer any after effects of heat.

Your arguement also fails to take into effect that getting cut or burned by heat in small part/cross-section of your body doesn't vaporise all the volume of the body that isn't touched.
It doesn't; Bronze and Iron has a far higher melting point then human skin
The armor being unaffected just means the blast wasn't hot enough to vaporize the metal; that's it
Ohh?? Then the energy blade wave shouldn't even have touched their skins.....if that was the case.
Also humans aren't all made of skin. Bones have melting point of 1400-1600°C.

All of this is melting not vaporisation or whatever. Which is whole another deal.

I doubt you even read my previous comments.
I did; did you read mine?
I called it a energy blade. Energy Projection can be portrayed however one wants.....blades, blasts, beams, whatever the hell your creativity can come up with.
In this case Its not a blast. Its a 1 inch thin ass energy blade that cuts the enemy. You can literally see that when Zeus launches it.
like Kienzan.
It clearly is tho; the Blade of Olympus already has Energy Projection listed and we see similar blasts conjured by Kratos in gameplay and Zeus
Kienzan I'm not familiar with tho; idk if that counts as Energy Projection if we have that on the Wiki at all.
Only 2 differences.
1)The wave is wider.
2) The humans who get cut are ""vaporised"" violently. Nothing else is affected. Not even the blood on the armour. If it was heat. You'd atleast expect them to get ""scorched"" or suffer any after effects of heat.
That can easily be chalked up as gameplay limitations and it's entirely possible for some blood to not get vaped
And again the blasts of orange clearly imply some kind of burning or disintegration is happening here.
Your arguement also fails to take into effect that getting cut or burned by heat in small part/cross-section of your body doesn't vaporise all the volume of the body that isn't touched.
Yeah I'll cop that
Ohh?? Then the energy blade wave shouldn't even have touched their skins.....if that was the case.
Also humans aren't all made of skin. Bones have melting point of 1400-1600°C.
Which you'd note is less then required to melt Iron (which is most likely what the soldiers are using here)
All of this is melting not vaporisation or whatever. Which is whole another deal.
I bring up melting since I can't find any vaporization figures rn (internet is spotty)

Yeah I'm fine with that
Dragon has given their input and I'm currently waiting on one or two others (If you like I can invite some notable users?)

• Matter Manip for kratos via eye of atlantis and Poseidon's Rage (Poseidon is already established as having matter manipulation as part of his powers on the wiki)
    Rage
    Eye of Atlantis

I will wait for another user input

• Deconstruction for the blade of Olympus, and by default Zeus and Kratos
    Deconstruction

Ok. Judging by visual i can see this is deconstruction feat.

• Kratos resistances- Matter Manipulation (Unfazed by Poseidon trident), Deconstruction

i will wait for another user input

• Zeus curse manipulation and unconventional immortality negation via Prometheus
    Prometheus
i agree with ares and zeus resistance
also this is good since prometheus was titans before.

well yeah this is fine too.

ok for this part we should choose which one is more consistent to primary canon.

I prefer replacing Poseidon's matter hax with deconstruction because it doesn't explicitly say that it manipulates matter to destroy their molecular/atomic structure. You won't hear those words in a verse like GoW where magic > science. IIRC Kepekley made a CRT to give him resistance to Poseidon's electricity but I don't know if that passed through, but it's fine to give him that.

It would be weird to call it deconstruction when there seems to embers and ashes from the remains of the soldiers. The fact that the devs explicitly showed that their armor only remained despite the wave disintegrating the soldiers with some form of heat method makes me think that this is some form of durability negation?

A link to Ares' and Zeus' resistance feats would be nice. I prefer my GoW character pages with feats or statements from the games/novels.

Is Zeus' curse the regen that Prometheus has every time he gets his liver eaten? If so I'll accept that. Also why is his immortality nullification unconventional? We can also put that under Zeus' power null rather than naming it immortality nullification for brevity.

I haven't caught up to the concept stuff in GoW, what does the Blade of Olympus scale to?

Dunno about the Scourge of Erinys and the BoC

I prefer replacing Poseidon's matter hax with deconstruction because it doesn't explicitly say that it manipulates matter to destroy their molecular/atomic structure. You won't hear those words in a verse like GoW where magic > science. IIRC Kepekley made a CRT to give him resistance to Poseidon's electricity but I don't know if that passed through, but it's fine to give him that.
Fair enough. Kep did go over it with me once, and it can be a number of things. I'm fine with this, yeah GoW isn't scientific.
It would be weird to call it deconstruction when there seems to embers and ashes from the remains of the soldiers. The fact that the devs explicitly showed that their armor only remained despite the wave disintegrating the soldiers with some form of heat method makes me think that this is some form of durability negation?
There has to be a way to explain it, cause it is very weird the humans essentially spontaneously combusted in an instant, but everything else in the vicinity is perfectly fine. Durability negation does fit that....
A link to Ares' and Zeus' resistance feats would be nice. I prefer my GoW character pages with feats or statements from the games/novels.
My bad, i'll try to get them as soon as I can, but i'll have to breeze through some videos. It is very simple, Ares resists kratos' soul of hades magic in GoW 1, which does just that.
Is Zeus' curse the regen that Prometheus has every time he gets his liver eaten? If so I'll accept that. Also why is his immortality nullification unconventional? We can also put that under Zeus' power null rather than naming it immortality nullification for brevity.
Well Prometheus claimed Zeus made him fully mortal
I haven't caught up to the concept stuff in GoW, what does the Blade of Olympus scale to?
As in how or who? Kratos and stabbing a abstract being.
Dunno about the Scourge of Erinys and the BoC
Scourge is just from the game with it calling it eternal voids that neither God nor man should harness, and how it's presented.
  • Eternal Void - Press Left to create a void that consumes enemies, hitting them multiple times. Left

it also vortexes enemies to it, grouping enemies on top of each other, and just sucked them into the void.

There has to be a way to explain it, cause it is very weird the humans essentially spontaneously combusted in an instant, but everything else in the vicinity is perfectly fine. Durability negation does fit that....
To me it's durability negation because it can bypass armor and that would be quite useful in a VS thread if someone has higher durability based on a piece of armor. I don't want to argue whether it's deconstruction of just AP though.
Well Prometheus claimed Zeus made him fully mortal
If so then he should just have power null without the curse hax.
As in how or who? Kratos and stabbing a abstract being.
Who is the abstract being?

Also I don't know the nature of Erinys' powers so I don't want to debate that looking clueless about GoW lore

I did not understand ☹....elaborate again....
I think that Zeus' feat when he disintegrated the soldiers with his sword is just durability negation at best, because it appears to bypass armor. I know that mortal armor obviously stands no chance against any measure of Zeus' powers, but the armor was left behind in the attack so I assume it directly attacks/destroys the person itself regardless of what protection they're wearing.

To me it's durability negation because it can bypass armor and that would be quite useful in a VS thread if someone has higher durability based on a piece of armor. I don't want to argue whether it's deconstruction of just AP though.

If so then he should just have power null without the curse hax.
He did both. Power Null is 100% fine, but I guess this would be another layer? Cause power null is pretty big in GOW, used all the time so it makes sense. Prometheus stated both, cursed and mortal.
Who is the abstract being?
Check kratos' profile
Also I don't know the nature of Erinys' powers so I don't want to debate that looking clueless about GoW lore
Fair

I think that Zeus' feat when he disintegrated the soldiers with his sword is just durability negation at best, because it appears to bypass armor. I know that mortal armor obviously stands no chance against any measure of Zeus' powers, but the armor was left behind in the attack so I assume it directly attacks/destroys the person itself regardless of what protection they're wearing.

This guy for example combusts his opponents......for context the Envy guy has some sort of low godly regen......and Mustang combusts him untill his souls run out and he can't regenerate anymore.

So is this similar?

I dunno about that example, it's more like overwhelming his regen by inflicting damage that he's forced to heal thus spending his resources that are limited.

I'm just saying that the Blade of Olympus can destroy people (likely through AP) regardless of what protection they are wearing. For example, I pit Zeus against a guy whose armor grants him invulnerability or durability higher than his physical body can take. Zeus swings his sword towards the general direction of that armored opponent, and the opponent feels confident that it wouldn't do anything. However, by the time the wave touches him, he gets cooked in his armor and turns into pile of ash and ember while his armor remains intact.

Ima post some stuff about heat for BoO regarding being hot enough to vaporize a human but not affect the armor or anything whatsoever. I asked someone off site and this is their conclusion. Feel free to have a calc member check it.

This is the sword that spartans used

First we need to find the energy required to raise its temperature to iron's boiling point

Then we need to find the energy required to vaporize it

Then we add them both up

And compare it to the one required for the vaporization of a human

I'm going to assume that the swords start with a temperature of 37 degrees celsius

Boiling point of iron is 2862 °C

The temperature change would be 2825°C

The weight of the sword is 900 grams according to wikipedia

So 0.9 kg
unknown.png

This is already astronomically low compared to vaporizing an entire human

Ima post some stuff about heat for BoO regarding being hot enough to vaporize a human but not affect the armor or anything whatsoever. I asked someone off site and this is their conclusion. Feel free to have a calc member check it.

This is the sword that spartans used

First we need to find the energy required to raise its temperature to iron's boiling point

Then we need to find the energy required to vaporize it

Then we add them both up

And compare it to the one required for the vaporization of a human

I'm going to assume that the swords start with a temperature of 37 degrees celsius

Boiling point of iron is 2862 °C

The temperature change would be 2825°C

The weight of the sword is 900 grams according to wikipedia

So 0.9 kg
unknown.png

This is already astronomically low compared to vaporizing an entire human

292million joules against one million....

Damn....

So the energy wave is filling the human body with that much energy by bypassing the armour entirely.....without a hint of damage.

And people remember Spartan Armour has Leather too....

Its not affected at all.....
Their ******* helmets have hair...... those hair tufts on helmet. They aren't affected at all...

Its definitely not heat.

At this point, whatever he did to the humans themselves, the absolute control Zeus has over his energy projections/attacks is utterly asinine. He is capable of ignoring everything near the humans besides the humans themselves.

By the way, I feel like BoC having void manipulation does not make sense. Sure, it might have something to do with the very primordial void before all of creation, but the effects of the blades have absolutely nothing to do with the applications of void manipulation. Anyone hit by them don't get erased from existence or consumed by nothingness and none of its powers are based on void or anything like it.

Noted and fair yeah. I did say when I was making this thread up to people that BoC especially don't have a good argument for it. Although I will say because of the connection it could have nonexistent interaction.

Noted and fair yeah. I did say when I was making this thread up to people that BoC especially don't have a good argument for it. Although I will say because of the connection it could have nonexistent interaction.
Wouldn't that just imply Non-Physical Interaction?
I can certainly see that as being part ofm the justification (IMO we could make an Imgur album?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back