• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God (DC Comics) Profile Making Explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thered really nothing that implies that at all. Its even stated that those other gods are not Yahweh, that theyre not made by Gods hands which make them unpredictable and dangerous. Its not just a perception thing. Its even a major plot point in Lucifer where the titan brothers almost replaced God by reenacting miracles and redirecting beliefs to them.

DarkLK said:
I thought that the Endless and their parents are more like mechanisms of the world than aspects and manifestations of God.
Sorry, I thought you were talking about powerscaling.

Anyway, enough derailment.

I am not talking about the Yahweh the entity but rather the Presence that appeared as similar to the Source. I am talking about the Creations being made by different aspects of it.

The Yahweh thing DarkLK said above is what I have been arguing since the very beginning of this entire ordeal, so if that's all there is to it...that's exactly my point, and everyone else seemed to get it.

Sandman & DarkLK & NES and etc., do you guys have any other suggestions of stuff to add to the page?

I'm not entirely certain where this leaves us, but I don't have any particularly big issues with how the page looks right now.

Also, though we've all established this already:

TheSourceIsTheSameThingasMMTO

Look at what Morrison wrote in the bottom corner of this concept art.

Yep. Again, I don't really have any objections to this. I think your draft explained the idea quite well, especially given how abstract a concept it is.

Kepekley23 said:
The Yahweh thing DarkLK said above is what I have been arguing since the very beginning of this entire ordeal, so if that's all there is to it...that's exactly my point, and everyone else seemed to get it.
Sandman & DarkLK & NES and etc., do you guys have any other suggestions of stuff to add to the page?
About the keys. I think it makes sense to separate the global incarnations of God (Overvoid/Source/Presence who are God over all possible stories and creations in DC) from local incarnations (Yahweh and lesser emanations who are God of some local creation).

Maybe there will be more keys, but I'm not sure if this is necessary.

I still don't think keys are necessary personally, since the true form of the Presence is also High 1-A anyway. If anything, the keys in question should be put on Yahweh's profile, together with a link to the God profile.

That is, this profile will concern only the global God, and all local forms will be in the Yahweh's page? Seems reasonable.

I think The Source, The Overvoid, The Presence, etc, etc, all act better as their own separate profiles, since the vast majority of stories only deal with one or the other and never reference the other aspects. They are all ultimately the same thing, but they are portrayed separately most of the time. That's why this profile seeks to explain the common essence and connection between all of them without necessarily forcing them into a single profile.

The problem with endless debate about who is the main true God in DC. This page should be the answer.

Well, that's still ultimately just The Writer because of Grant Morrison's metafictional insanity.

Either way, yes. I think this profile does a fine job of explaining how they are all the same substance. They are just different manifestations of the same entity.

I think that your conclusions so far make sense.

While I do think the God profile itself is complete, we still need to discuss the "keys" matter for The Presence.

I think that the God profile itself sort of takes care of the need to differentiate between Yahweh and appeals to a less personal, unmanifest incarnation of God. I also don't think it's particularly necessary to merge that profile with The Great Evil Beast or The Decreator or anything like that. Like I mentioned above, I think God's various aspects are best off separate due to their tendancy to be presented separately from each other in separate narratives. We have all of them indexed on this wiki already. It was just a matter of tying them all together somewhere to explain that they are also supposed to be various emenations of the same concept, which I think you've done quite elegantly here.

I also think that the profile looks good. However, we still need some form of unifying image to use for a link in the DC Comics verse page.

Might I suggest something like this?

Unmanifest Presence
An unmanifest portrayal of The Presence that almost seems to reflect The Source and The Overvoid in its depiction as a featureless space of light.

That is probably fine, yes. I will add it.

It's one of the Milk Wars profiles.

They should probably be segmented off into their own category, but I don't know if this is the proper place for handling that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back