• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GLaDOS vs The Thing

GLaDOS wins. The Thing doesn't have poison resistance, and GLaDOS isn't organic so The Thing can't assimilate her, so she could just flood whatever room The Thing is in with neurotoxins.

Ack! What have you done!? You've put the Thing into it's most disadvantagous situation possible. A straight forward encounter with zero prep time against a robot. I hadn't made this yet because I was still trying to figure out if the Thing even had a wincon.

Doesn't she fill her chamber with neruotoxin in Portal 1? I'm still not sure if it will affect the Thing, but currently leaning on yes.

Quick, to the Crimson alarm! scratch that for now

Suppose that the neurotoxins were disabled. I don't see a reason how GLaDOS couldn't just force it into the incinerator with lasers and turrets. I don't see a reason how a combination of bombs and turrets wouldn't work. This isn't a stomp, it's a slaughter.

Neurotoxins wouldn't beat the Thing. Those attack the nervous system, and the nature of the Thing means that it wouldn't be affected by that.

Turrets are also eh, from what I know, they are just big old machine guns. The Thing laughs in the face of those.

Lasers would work, but you'd need to have cellular precision to kill the Thing. However, if anyone could do that, GLaDOS can.

And bombs would f**k the Thing right up.

All that, plus the fact that I'm pretty sure GLaDOS is attached to the ceiling, and out of the way of the Thing, giving it ample time to whale on the nightmare fuel to it's heart's content. I agree, this is one hell of a stompy boi.

Yeah considering Glados can literally just hang out of reach or just spawn a bunch of walls around her...

Crimson Azoth said:
Neurotoxins wouldn't beat the Thing. Those attack the nervous system, and the nature of the Thing means that it wouldn't be affected by that.
Turrets are also eh, from what I know, they are just big old machine guns. The Thing laughs in the face of those.

Lasers would work, but you'd need to have cellular precision to kill the Thing. However, if anyone could do that, GLaDOS can.

And bombs would f**k the Thing right up.

All that, plus the fact that I'm pretty sure GLaDOS is attached to the ceiling, and out of the way of the Thing, giving it ample time to whale on the nightmare fuel to it's heart's content. I agree, this is one hell of a stompy boi.
Should The Thing have limited Resistance to Poison Manipulation in its powers and abilities then, considering it's immune to neurotoxins?

I wouldn't doubt GLaDOS' ability to kill The Thing, either. She has an omnicidal hatred for life, and given that there's no way it could possibly be construed as a test subject, the Morality Core wouldn't be able to stop her from unleashing her full wrath upon the poor parasite.

I think The Thing just doesn't have a nervous system.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Those being?
Well for starters giving the Thing full knowledge and reign of the Enrichment Center. That way it might be able to avoid and potentially disable her remotely. I still think that would more often then not be a loss for it though. I'd need to think on it for a time.

There isn't really a way to remotely disable her though. Giving it full reign of being anywhere in the center only favors GLaDOS more, since she can just cart a room off to be incinerated when she notices that it's there.

Plus, how is a creature that kills by assimilating biological objects even remotely supposed to kill a robot?

Back