• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giving a tier to the Twin Peaks god-tiers (And downgrading a Tier 9 too, I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after reading through it, I was a bit threw due to how the OP was laid out. But after taking some time I can sorta get the reason behind a Tier 0 upgrade for God Energy and the Mother. Though due to my complete lack of knowledge on Twin Peaks my opinion probably shouldn't be taken as definitive.

As for the Tier 9 and 8 stuff yeah they can go.

Well after reading through it, I was a bit threw due to how the OP was laid out
Yeah, apologies for that. I probably got a bit too carried away in explaining how everything worked and forgot to include a TL;DR.

Per usual, I don’t agree. Not like that makes any difference.

@Sera_EX

Please elaborate. If you make a good argument you can convince me and others.

Well, I disagree about that, but a few of them may have gained too generous tierings.

This really isn't the place to discuss the legitimacy of the tiering system (or the tiering method? I dunno). Best to just let Sera be (I'm assuming she doesn't want to deal with the thread so my apologies if I'm wrong) and focus on the thread at hand.

Yeah, this isn't the place to discuss the tiering system again; I believe there is another ongoing thread for stuff like that. Albeit that one was focused on the Irrelevant statistics for lifting strength and speed. And I don't blame anyone, but it appears all of our main Low 1-A and above experts have a tendency to strongly conflict each other; that's becoming a trend. Which is perfectly fine to have disagreements, but it happens so often and often either gets out of hand or off topic which either way makes it extremely difficult for any party to resolve for that matter.

But anyway, we should probably get back to the topic and/or save the Outerversal levels of everything to be revisited again for later when we're all ready to tackle that again.

Math isn’t relevant here.
Well, I disagree about that, but a few of them may have gained too generous tierings.
This is why I said it was pointless. Besides, this is strictly about High 1-A being a filler tier. A lot of High 1-As are being upgraded to 0 while the others are being downgraded to 1-A+. It seems there’s clearly no middle ground between 1-A and 0 that just can’t be categorized as 1-A.
but it appears all of our main Low 1-A and above experts have a tendency to strongly conflict each other; that's becoming a trend.
Why am I even considered part of this “expert group”? I have not agreed with anything 1-A related or above since the “new system” was introduced and I will not pretend I’m some mathematical genius.
This really isn't the place to discuss the legitimacy of the tiering system (or the tiering method? I dunno). Best to just let Sera be (I'm assuming she doesn't want to deal with the thread so my apologies if I'm wrong) and focus on the thread at hand.
You’re right, I don’t. I don’t much care for tiers as they are now, and am tired of having the same discussions with the same people who just have to defend the system, over and over again. I accept that we do not so eye to eye, for now it should be left at that.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to come out that way to include you among the list, it's just others do and in the past you have been helpful sort of. I know "In the past" doesn't mean much compared to nowadays or within the past year or two. But I can pretty much agree that debating 1-A and above tiers aren't particularly interesting at this point as well as everyone's anti-middle ground policies being one of the biggest issues for nearly any practice here.

And I actually have been trying to inform other staff members and other users that you did not wish to be bothered for most of the big system revisions here since you also told me that. But it appears there are other higher up staff that do so anyway. But yeah, there's always going to be flaws with the system regardless of what we do with it.

I’m not saying you did yourself, more so just asking why I am generally considered to be part of that “group”.

Well, I have a hard time keeping track of who knows what at times, so sorry about that. I will remove you from my notepad list in this regard.

Ngl, I can't understand at all how it would amount to tier 0, although I'm also entirely ignorant regarding Twin Peaks, so my input wouldn't help much.

Can somebody write an agree/disagree/neutral list here please?

Agrees: InfiniteDay, ShivaShakti, Planck69, Udlmaster, Ned_the_outer_god, KingPin0422, Elizhaa, DarkDragonMedeus, Qawsedf234, StrymULTRA, The_2nd_Existential_Seed, First_Witch (12)

Disagrees: 0

Only addresses and agrees with the lower tiered stuff: CrimsonStarFallen, KLOL506

Sera seems to disagree with High 1-A as a whole rather than this CRT specifically, so I'm not really sure if her vote is legit or not. And Yuri just decided not to comment on it, so...

Last edited:
First of all, as much as it honors me that you think i have a solid enough grasp on all that voodoo, Twin Peaks is esoterically above my nonexistent paygrade (Together with TES), so dont take my points as definitive either.

I have read through what is presented in the thread and cautiosly agree with the upgrade per see, although i question some things. Namely trivializing The Purple Sea. The problem isn't on if God trivializises all of reality but wether thats enough. I have not seen any details on the Purple Sea being a form of hierachy/system that would justify a massive jump like that. This feels like taking a high end interpretation, justified with a implied conceptual transcendance of the Purple Sea and all lower hierachies. For the record, i dont disagree with the interpretation per see, in fact i find definitive basis for it in the scans you have provided, but i find the argumentation used to justify the high end interpretation being the correct one to be a bit weak.

If we, for example, break down the model to a easier to grasp form, lets say we apply cosmology to a plain universe (We basically look wether the descriptor would hold water in a lower level), so we say the Purple Sea is just a normal universe and God trivializes said Universe like the Twin Peaks version, would that net God Outerverse level? Only if the Universe is a Hierachy in of itself right? Because, from what i have seen through Fiction, Hierachical structuring is not always the same. Two prominent and easy to grasp models would:

1: A infinite dimensional Universe, with the Universe being the entire dimensional Hierachy and
2: A 3dimensional Universe being inbeded at a certain layer, probably layer 3 or 1, inside a infinite layered Hierachy.

Trancending both Hierachys would net you 1A, but trancending the universe in its totality would only net you 1A when its model 1. So my Question is obvious, what points us to the Purple Sea being model 1, obviously upgraded to High 1A now. What points us to the Purple Sea being potentially its own Hierachy? What proofs that God marks its new higher hierachy and is not just a higher layer in a overarching structure? If you can answer me those question with more proof than provided in the thread then i give my full support too. Because like i said, i find the interpretation sound.

Dont take it btw ill that i'm explaining something so basic to you, i know you have a far better handle on the topic than most of us. This is mostly to explain my argument and my current understanding openly.

Agrees: InfiniteDay, ShivaShakti, Planck69, Udlmaster, Ned_the_outer_god, KingPin0422, Elizhaa, DarkDragonMedeus, Qawsedf234, StrymULTRA, The_2nd_Existential_Seed (11)

Disagrees: Sera, YuriAkuto (2)

Only addresses and agrees with the lower tiered stuff: CrimsonStarFallen, KLOL506

Sera seems to disagree with High 1-A as a whole rather than this CRT specifically, so I'm not really sure if her vote is legit or not.
YuriAkuto didn't disagree, they just decided to not comment. Would also recommend not counting Sera's vote since she's not really standing against the the thread and Twin Peaks ratings, more so the tiering system in general.

First of all, as much as it honors me that you think i have a solid enough grasp on all that voodoo, Twin Peaks is esoterically above my nonexistent paygrade (Together with TES), so dont take my points as definitive either.

I have read through what is presented in the thread and cautiosly agree with the upgrade per see, although i question some things. Namely trivializing The Purple Sea. The problem isn't on if God trivializises all of reality but wether thats enough. I have not seen any details on the Purple Sea being a form of hierachy/system that would justify a massive jump like that. This feels like taking a high end interpretation, justified with a implied conceptual transcendance of the Purple Sea and all lower hierachies. For the record, i dont disagree with the interpretation per see, in fact i find definitive basis for it in the scans you have provided, but i find the argumentation used to justify the high end interpretation being the correct one to be a bit weak.

If we, for example, break down the model to a easier to grasp form, lets say we apply cosmology to a plain universe (We basically look wether the descriptor would hold water in a lower level), so we say the Purple Sea is just a normal universe and God trivializes said Universe like the Twin Peaks version, would that net God Outerverse level? Only if the Universe is a Hierachy in of itself right? Because, from what i have seen through Fiction, Hierachical structuring is not always the same. Two prominent and easy to grasp models would:

1: A infinite dimensional Universe, with the Universe being the entire dimensional Hierachy and
2: A 3dimensional Universe being inbeded at a certain layer, probably layer 3 or 1, inside a infinite layered Hierachy.

Trancending both Hierachys would net you 1A, but trancending the universe in its totality would only net you 1A when its model 1. So my Question is obvious, what points us to the Purple Sea being model 1, obviously upgraded to High 1A now. What points us to the Purple Sea being potentially its own Hierachy? What proofs that God marks its new higher hierachy and is not just a higher layer in a overarching structure? If you can answer me those question with more proof than provided in the thread then i give my full support too. Because like i said, i find the interpretation sound.

Dont take it btw ill that i'm explaining something so basic to you, i know you have a far better handle on the topic than most of us. This is mostly to explain my argument and my current understanding openly.
We know the mauve sea is it's own state beyond everything else within the verse due to the fact that it quite literally views the rest of existence including the lodge as fiction. All of Twin Peaks is seen as a movie on a projector screen within The Fireman's home. The verse's very existence is descended from the mauve sea in the form of electricity that composes the entire verse.

In comparison to the Mauve Sea, the lodges are completely trivialized and considered irrelevant, for it transcends everything comprehensible and distinguishable within the film. All systems and extensions of said systems just cease when you reach the level of the sea.

Thats good to know but i didnt question the trancendence of the Mauve Sea/Purple Sea(?).
You asked why it would be High 1-A, I gave you the answer. It trivializes and goes beyond the bounds of even the lodges, which extends into 1-A realms of nonexistence. It's not just another layer of the hierarchy, as the fireman views the rest of the verse as a film.

"Trancending both Hierachys would net you 1A, but trancending the universe in its totality would only net you 1A when its model 1. So my Question is obvious, what points us to the Purple Sea being model 1, obviously upgraded to High 1A now. What points us to the Purple Sea being potentially its own Hierachy? What proofs that God marks its new higher hierachy and is not just a higher layer in a overarching structure? If you can answer me those question with more proof than provided in the thread then i give my full support too. Because like i said, i find the interpretation sound."

You sounded like you wanted more elaboration did you not?

Okay after rereading what I think your question was, how do we know The God Energy and The Mother of Abominations are actually Tier 0, and not just another layer of the mauve sea?

So my Question is obvious, what points us to the Purple Sea being model 1, obviously upgraded to High 1A now. What points us to the Purple Sea being potentially its own Hierachy? What proofs that God marks its new higher hierachy and is not just a higher layer in a overarching structure?
It's largely due to the fact that there isn't a linear, straightforward progression in scale from the purple sea to God, as there would usually be in a hierarchy of layers existing in the same overall structure.

The point is moreso that God is completely all-encompassing over the entire cosmology, and, from this perspective, every single thing inhabiting it is fundamentally equal and partakes in the same state of wholeness without differentiation (Hence "Every Man and Every Woman is a Star"): This basically means that, speaking in terms of their ontology, an entity like the Fireman is as limited and restricted as a regular human is, relative to the topmost level, so no place in the cosmology is actually any closer or further away from God's limitlessness. Given all of that, it being just another layer of an overarching realm of existence is not at all an accurate description.

Well, I am not a good person to ask, but Ultima seems to make sense to me. I would prefer more input from knowledgeable members though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back