• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giegue vs Kadabra

Quibster

She/Her
Giygas vs Alakazam

Both are low 7-B

Speed is equalized

Battle takes place on Mount Itoi from Earthbound Begginings

Psychic Pokémon: 0

Psychic Evil: 5 (TheQuirkyBoy, ChocomilkAlex, The_Coolest_Water_Bottle, Hitty_Smityu, Niccokirby)

Hmm, this one is rather new...

You could have probably used Detective Pikachu Mewtwo for a much more fitting matchup.

So what's Alakazam answer to Passive Mind, Madness, Empathic, and Mind control? That and really high AP and access to numerous psychic abilities that far surpasses pretty much everyone that is Low 7-B in Earthbound.

Kadabra resists mindhax and has access to a wider variety of abilities. I have no idea who wins though. This is why I never mess around with Pokémon matches lmao.

Does Giegue have a solution to Kadabra's Attack Reflection and Resistance to Psychic type/based moves?

I would argue that Giegue has access to all of the PSI that are in game and use that to his will via SBA. But like I said, I am pretty sure Giegue can just one shot him. His Psychic abilities far surpasses almost everyone in Earthbound that is Low 7-B, even if he is holding back.

Mimicking Mind Hax will probably not happen here. I don't think he has any feats of that sorts.

Kadabra has Guard Swap which allows him to trade Defensive stats with his foe, and Skill Swap which allows him to exchange Abilities with his Foe. Kadabra will probably steal his PSI Abilities and/or passive Mindhax, Madness Manip, ect

Also, Kadabra is smart enough to calculate his opponent's moves, which is why he has Instinctive Reaction

Uhh, isn't that going overboard? Like all of that sounds sketchy, with the stealing Passive hax and all. That doesn't seem very likely. Maybe for PSI, but eh. Can he do that to those with extraordinarily high AP?

Plus, if Resistance isn't good, then Kadabra will most likely go mad, insane, distressed, or even fall under Giegue's control just with his mere presence.

Pokémon aren't usually known to have evil hearts. Then again, Giegue was able to control wild animals via his mindhax. But then again, Kadabra has a resistance to mind manipulation. I don't know how good it is, but I'll check his pokedex entries and other feats.

Didn't we have a whole discussion about Mind hax In the Gogeta vs Giygas match? Yes, then I'm pretty sure it would work even if they don't have a bad heart. Kadabra would need good Resistance here, which I doubt is the case here.

Giygas has mindhax on a universal scale, Giegue has mindhax on a planetary scale. Also, Theglassman12 closed that match because he deemed it a stomp.

I honestly wish we had more Pokémon geeks/experts that would tell us how good Kadabra's mind manipulation is. Also, Giegue doesn't have PSI abilities other than "You cannot comprehend the true form of Giegue's attack!"

I'm gonna wait until more people decide to take a peek on this match. We need some input on how good Kadabra's mind manipulation resistance is.

Eh, I guess you could ask Gyro or something.

As for Psychic abilities, It's actually "The form of Giegue's attack was inexplicable!" But whatever. I'm well aware, it just shows that he has great strength and powers that far exceeds what Ninten and the others are capable of. So much so that he isn't affected by any of their attacks and instead compare it to a "mere ant". Keep in mind that he was holding back in that fight because of Ninten. I'm pretty confident that Giegue has the highest AP out of all Low 7-B's.

Anyway, he's pretty knowledgeable and proficient in PSI, given that it comes from his race and all. That's why I think he has all the PSI in the game.

Just opened up a Content Revision thread for Giygas, any of you Giygas/Giegue fans should check it out. Needs some traction.

Anyways, back to the fight. Giygas may have the AP advantage, but does he also have the Dura to go along with it? If so, Kadabra could just swap Dura with Giygas, then swap that stolen Dura with his current attack, turning that Stolen Dura into AP. (Attack, defense, same difference, correct me if I'm wrong. You get the point though) Giygas may be able to passively mind control, but I don't know if he'll be able to do so whilst being shot at with Psybeams, Focus blasts, and Psychic.

Uh what do you mean by having the dura? He's pretty up high when it comes to that. If anything, Giegue could just spam other psychic abilities or nullify him from using his own technique. Even just one shotting would do the trick.

How can Kadabara hope to do that if he's under Giegue's influence. He can't really do much if he's under his control when the match begins.

Back