• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giant Brain Coral vs Staghorn Coral

Fight takes place on the sandy outskirts of a Caribbean coral reef. Both are bloodlusted.

Giant Brain Coral: 4 (Robot972, XSOULOFCINDERX, Bob8999, Strawboi)

Staghorn Coral:

Inconclusive: 5 (I'm Blue daba dee daba die, Flashlight237, 00potato, Armorchompy, Roachman40)

Giant brain coral
Staghorn coral

...are you sure? They're both mindless. Intelligence isn't really a deciding factor here.

neither can actually attack the other, right? so essentially itś just a question of which out lives, in this case the staghorn lives up to 7 years old but the brain can live up to 900 years old, the brain takes it, but i have a question, how does the staghorn win this?

i mean now that i think about it over time one might be able to grow large enough to cut of the other´s food supply, mabye? but then again the staghorn probably wouldnt live long enough to do that, so i dont know.

Bump.

Also, lifespan isn't an issue, by the way. Coral reproduce asexually, so they can both make new polyps and grow from there.

Presumably, at least. Unless there's something outlawing this from happening I'm unaware of. I'll count the votes, though.

I'm gonna vote inconclusive here. It's almost pointless to realistically pit coral against coral.

Bump.

I will get this to seven votes and on the profiles if it's the last thing I do.

This raises an interesting question. If we count the single coral polyps as living beings, all of the Staghorn ones die (if the data on the Giant Brain is referring to the polyps and not the colony as a whole, which I doubt) and it's a stomp, but if we count the entire colonies as the ""fighters"", then it's an Incon.

Back