• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Getting Planet Size From a Map.

So, i wanted to ask why we don't accept Naruto's planet size being bigger than earth? There are some calcs that put it 2x bigger than earth, and some making it even bigger. We accept Fairy Tails earth size which uses the earthland map at 41,346.32921 Km which would make it about 3x bigger than earth. If we can't accept the naruto planet size being bigger than earth off of a picture of a map, then we shouldn't accept it for other verses.

Well, I don't know about Naruto but Fairy Tail have several maps that show that one continent that exists on the planet has a greater diameter than earth, I don't know why we have to assume the planet is earth sized if it isn't the same as real earth, regardless, I can't speak for Naruto, I didn't agree with assuming their planet is earth sized, but in Fairy Tail we use a larger earth because the series literally shows that the planet is bigger, far bigger, so different verses have different people who have different morals on what to do with using Maps, There isn't a universal rule about using Maps, I guess it's up to knowledgeable members, once again, I can't speak for Naruto, and they are two different verses, with different people running them, this is just like when the Bleach Movie wasn't accepted as Canon, but the Fairy Tail Movie was

I have to agree with Mitch here, even without using the continent calc I'm still positive the Planet for FT would still be larger than Earth going by the shot of the planet we're given during Irene's Deus Sema. I have no issues with using a bigger planet size as long as it's consistent and has sufficient proof. I'm not an expert on Naruto or anything but from what I recall it got rejected since it doesn't have as much proof as the planet for One Piece or Fairy Tail being that big.

Once again, can't speak for Naruto, I'm not in charge of that verse, but everyone in Fairy Tail can agree that the Planet is Larger than earth, sounds unfair and I'm sorry man, but if the people in charge of Naruto don't agree with making the planet bigger, there's nothing I can do about it, these verses have different people watching over them, so we're not gonna downgrade Fairy Tail because other people didn't accept it in another verse, which In my opinion made no sense as to why the planet couldn't be assumed to be bigger

During a thread, it seems that some administrators have denied using maps to calculate the size of the planet. I guess the argument was that they were using pixel scaling for absurd things like planets, even franchises using pixel scaling to calculate universe size

Sounds Rough, Sucks that that happened to Naruto, I can get the Universe argument tho, also the maps only confirmed that the planet was bigger, there was a scale done from an actual panel shot of the planet in Fairy Tail that shows that the planet is bigger

Im almost 100% sure that it was never actually rejected, just never finished. Admins did make arguments against it but there were also counter-arguments to defend using maps to scale planets.

Btw, I also agree that if the verse's main planetary setting isnt the same as earth there's no reason to assume it's only as big as earth, unless no other method can prove its bigger than earth ofc.

Back