• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Milly Rocking Bandit said:
That's... cool and all, but even Post-Rehab Tanjirou was able to influence a dying demon that had lived in poverty with no parents, faced discrimination just for being... unattractive, had his sister burnt to a crisp, that there was still some kindness in him. This is also the demon that gave him poison manip resistance.
That's cute compared to geralt

What do you think Milly, would first key Tanjirou be better if he has so many ways of defeating Geralt and Geralt has barely one?

I dunno, really. Haven't been feeling interested in VSB lately, even though I'm trying to get a Black Clover CRT up. First key Tanjirou would be more of a fight, but Tanjirou would use Dance of the Fire God if things REALLY turn to Geralt's favor, and you already know how it would go if it did.

Tanjirou's profile is pretty messy rn to be honest, and he's missing one or two things, and some of his matches are to be removed.

Unless you're willing to explain how it wouldn't work, then it's working.
Be careful of what you're saying because that's literally a burden of proof

Why wouldn't it work, Geralt has fought sorceress that try to manipulate geralt mind into obligate geralt to them

Also i have forgot to mention one potion buffs geralts speed

The Blizzard

It makes geralts so fast that i looks like the time has slowed tremendously in a point where even arrows seem to be slow

And this is a literal qoute from the first game

"Witchers usually drink the Blizzard potion immediately before combat. The potion is also favored in especially dangerous situations."

Geralt isn't getting blitzed

Social Influencing=/=Mind Manipulation.

Okay, unless it allows him to blitz or be comparable to a high hypersonic, and is faster than BREATHING. good luck.

Social Influencing=/=Mind Manipulation.
Okay, unless it allows him to blitz or be comparable to a high hypersonic, and is faster than BREATHING. good luck.
It isn't social influence, geralt knows when someone is trying to manipulate his mind

Speed is equalized

Only multiplers are counted

and from what i know kamado starts with small multiplers

For someone to be able to blitz someone it literally needs several mph faster to do so

it's not something that you need to jump over 5000 mph to do

Hypersonic for movement speed, High Hypersonic for combat speed and reactions IIRC

So you need to update his profile. IIRC combat speed means how fast you can beat the crap out of someone, like Stands in JoJo

Tanjirou is using social influencing, not mind manip.
Speed is equalized, but Tanjirou has a buff that completel blitzes Geralt easy.
Geralt would still feel manipulated when he realized he is trying to become kinder in middle of a fight

(Also it's really hard to feel empathy or socialize with a witcher because they're most of the emotionless)

And it's really useless trying to prove it that kamado can blitz geralt when i've said that geralt also has a speed buff which instantly increases his speed to stupid amounts

from what i have gathered kamados has different stages his speed amp ability which he starts with the lowest one however tho geralts starts with a supreior speed amp which makes the fight hugely in favor of geralt

Tanjiro's social influence worked on mass murdering demons who have lived for hundreds of years.

Also, Tanjiro's first amp allows him to go from being blitz'd beyond his perception to blitzing. This is not just beyond stupid, but is atleast >>>>>>>>>>> than a potion that makes things look slow, and beyond anything Geralt remotely displayed or encountered.

Geralt has the potential for a small multipler with potion, while Tanjiro can easily amp to completly blitz Geralt before he knows he is dead.

Cannonicly, Blizzard improves reflexes and reaction time. This is depicted in Witcher 3 as time temporarily slowing by 50% after killing an enemy.

SpookyShadow said:
Gaunter exists you know.
We don't know Gaunter's speed limit, but he didn't display hypersonic speed. Eitherway, Gaunter or Tanjiro, Geralt gets blitzed.

Idk what to do right now with this thread. 144 replies, seems quite unfair with Tanji's speed amps (welp, the only thing that makes it "quite unfair"). Should I do a redux later after the revisions and giving Geralt basic knowledge? I also plan to do a little CRT for Geralt because it seems like he also should have Info Analysis.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Tanjiro's social influence worked on mass murdering demons who have lived for hundreds of years.
Also, Tanjiro's first amp allows him to go from being blitz'd beyond his perception to blitzing. This is not just beyond stupid, but is atleast >>>>>>>>>>> than a potion that makes things look slow, and beyond anything Geralt remotely displayed or encountered.

Geralt has the potential for a small multipler with potion, while Tanjiro can easily amp to completly blitz Geralt before he knows he is dead.
There's so many strawmans made here

Geralt is not someone who is prone to influence of any kind, he is a vicous when it comes to fighting and will shrug off any manipulation made to him

The first strawman rises here

Geralt within in itself is already transonic but the potion slows down his perception of time so much literally everything is slowed down even arrows

that not only makes his reactions better but would greatly improve his own instinct

(Also the line "beyond anything Geralt remotely displayed or encountered." tells me you don't know anything about the witcher franchise)

You still think that kamados is going over hypersonic speeds... please stop

Geralt already has a better starting amp than kamados

Geralt can still react even he is in fact being blitzed

Also i should note, you two firstly stated that kamado starts with a regen negating stirke when that proved useless now you're saying that kamado starts witha speed amp

It's making me think that you guys are cherry picking

</div>

GribbleTheTrashMan said:
Geralt within in itself is already transonic but the potion slows down his perception of time so much literally everything is slowed down even arrows

that not only makes his reactions better but would greatly improve his own instinct

(Also the line "beyond anything Geralt remotely displayed or encountered." tells me you don't know anything about the witcher franchise)
That is nice and all, but we aren't talking about an amp that allows you to react to arrows and see them slowed down, we are talking about an amp that allows you to move faster than attacks and movements you couldn't even see or percieve due to their speed. As far as I know, Geralt didn't amp himself to outspeed someone who is fast enough that Geralt can't even see him move or attack.

GribbleTheTrashMan said:
You still think that kamados is going over hypersonic speeds... please stop

Geralt already has a better starting amp than kamados

Geralt can still react even he is in fact being blitzed
To cut to the chase, give us your opinion on which amp has superior multiplier:

• Slows down perception for an object you can already see and react to by 50%.
  • Become faster than an object that outspeeded you to the extent that you can't see or react to it.
GribbleTheTrashMan said:
Also i should note, you two firstly stated that kamado starts with a regen negating stirke when that proved useless now you're saying that kamado starts witha speed amp

It's making me think that you guys are cherry picking
To the contrary, there is no contradiction. Tanjiro's first amp both makes his attack regen negating and makes him much faster.

One, everyone calm down.

Two, what we define here as blitz is closer to the 10 times of difference in speed.

Also gibble, that's only one kind of Regen neg. The other is Dance of the Fire God, which does the same through unknown means but has nothing to do with sun. The speed amp also comes from it.

And I've seen literally nothing still that indicates Tanjirou blitzes. It's 10 meters of difference, Geralt barely needs to move his arm and is certainly not way slower than Tanjirou breathing. I am sorry but that's dumb.

1- Calm down please.

2- Stating baseline speed is not relevant since speed is equalizied. We are talking about amps, and I asked if Geralt has an amp that instead of making him react better to things he already can react to, allows him to react to what he previously couldn't react to/see.

3- Canonicly Blizzard only increases reflex and reaction time without movement speed. Its depiction in the first Witcher game is slowing down everyone's movement, including Geralt's.

4- This is the relevant part of his profile. Note that it was mentioned that the regen negation is connected to his amp, not to his sword or standard equipment.

5- Refer to my argument to why Tanjiro blitzes here. His first amp allows Tanjiro to go from being completely blitzed unamped to blitzing.

I don't even know how i can even take you seriously

You're basically stating that he goes full mode on the first seconds of the fight and you assume that geralt hasn't ever encountered somebody who is faster than him

Understood, can't cope with that

That goes under the meaning of game mechanics, blizzard is a broken potion and there needs to be some type of con that makes the potion not completely borken

Game mechanic wise: Blizzard in the first game could also slow geralt down, In the third game it needs to slay a enemy to be able to active it

Canonically it makes witcher react AND move faster

And i have to bring durability because it isn't being touched a lot

Geralt can have a literal scar on his chest and get fatally wounded but he can still fight o

Geralt even shrug off an attack from a fiend

Fiends are stated to one shot a fully armored knight alonside his horse

Kamado will actually have to hit geralt a lot of times to actually deal damage to geralt

According to Standard Battle Assumptions, Tanjiro wants to kill Geralt and we are using the strongest version of the key.(post-rehabitational training). Which means that Tanjiro decided to use his amp more often. and he is definetly going to

Tanjiro indeed starts using the amp more often

Item descriptions only says reflex + reaction time. You are assuming that Blizzard potion increases movement speed instead of just make Geralt start moving faster, and then claiming that game mechanics have nerfed the potion. This is begging the question.

What makes you say that Blizzard increasing movement speed instead of just reflex/reaction time is canonical, when the item descriptions don't mention movement speed, the first depiction has it equally slow down everyone, and when it is only useful if Geralt is killing multiple enemies in the third game depiction?

Not persuaded by the durability argument, considering pre-training Tanjiro can one shot a fully armored knight and horse as well (he got much stronger than that, and he is used to dealing fatal strikes to the neck), yet getting hit by the fiend was enough to make Geralt bleed a little. Splitting the boulder is considered a fodder feat ; stronger demons Tanjiro fought and defeated at that point would be able to tank that level of attack completly undamaged.

Stop using unrelated feats and just use the values that we have in their profiles. If you think those are undeserved, just do a CRT to change the values. Continuing on desoite big injuries has nothing to do with durability, because you were still hurt, that's just stamina.

And again, Tanjirou is 10 meters away. His breathing is at worst a little faster than Geralt moving his hand a bit, and that bit will stop him if it's used.

It doesn't sound in character for Geralt to use Yrden as soon as possible against a teenage swordsman, unless he had prep/knowledge which he doesn't. Tanjiro's breathing isn't slow either since he was able to use it while dodging and intercepting demons, and Tanjiro is used to trying to end fights quickly and would amp against an equal speed opponent since Tanjiro's fighting style makes use of agility. Furthermore, I don't see the logic in Yrden stopping Tanjiro, even if it was activated from the beginning of the fight. Geralt would still be at a massive speed disadvantage and blitzable, since Tanjiro's amp allowed him to blitz what his unamped self found too fast to see or react to (and we know Tanjiro has excellent senses).

"I don't see the logic in Yrden stopping Tanjiro"

I don't see logic in you telling it won't stop him either. Yrden is slowing down and trapping opponents. That's what it does. I'm still reminding you, that teenager is his opponent and Geralt is careful against anyone. Even if Johnny was his opponent, he would be careful... He just got too much fighting experience to underestimate even a kid like Tanjirou.

Some cases of people he found too fast to react to that he suddenly blitzed? I've seen none.

So you are gonna say Geralt doesn't use Yrden against an armed "kid" but Tanjirou is gonna amp and cut a human from the very start? What weird standards are these? I don't see your logic how Tanjirou doesn't get affected by a trap that slows him down. If you don't see the logic, just ask whatever you are confused abkut.

+ Reminding that Geralt can react to people who are far faster than him. He noticed Unseen Elder coming from behind who's hilariously >>>>>>>>>>> Dettlaff in ANY aspect, was attacked in neck and still survived, can react to Djinn's and Keira's lightning attacks, and iirc he can react to Vilgefortz's lightning spells with no much trouble (and keep in mind Vilgefortz is still stronger than faster Geralt). Also he fought teleporters like Olgierd and Caranthir, and I'm pretty sure he is capable of reacting to Ciri's moves and she's also a pure teleporter. While fighting opponents stronger than himself Geralt can still react to their moves because of his tremendous fighting experience/skill, and sheer fact that he's a witcher after mutations. And this only increases with potions.

"Reminding that Geralt can react to people who can blitz him"

Then they can't blitz him. The definition of blitz is when your opponent attacks you and you can't react to it.

Back