• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Now that both have undergone some revisions, I've decided to do another match with them. Not trying to overwrite their original fight, but I figured it might be fun to do another battle with ithem

Geralt with standard equipment vs End of Golden Age Guts with Black Swordsman equipment

Speed not equalized

Fight takes place in the streets of Novigrad

Start 5 meters apart

Both are provoked and itching to fight

Geralt is a lot more skilled and experienced, that's for sure. He has also higher lifting strength, signs (Yrden, Quen and Aksji being the most useful) and has great enhanced senses/reflexes and most importantly, a lot more versatility. He can reflect Guts' attacks with Quen, make him stay for few seconds to freely attack him with Aksji, slow him down with Yrden, set him flaming with Igni or throw him away with Aard. Not mentioning power increasing with Thunderbolt (which is basic Witcher potion) and Regenerationn. Voting Puss-Peepers

Speed not equalized? Well Guts is twice as fast as him so that's an advantage. Dunno how it will go down in the end however. Geralt is much more haxxed out, but if Guts is fast enough the end it quickly he might win.

Supersonic+ vs Hypersonic, wouldn't call that a huuuuuge advantage but yeah that makes it harder for Geralt, though he dealt with teleporting guys like Caranthir or Olgierd, and he could somewhat keep up with Vilgefortz.

Also, what Mach and AP is Guts? Geralt scales to good amount of 9-A feats and is Mach 3.017 so above baseline

SpookyShadow said:
Supersonic+ vs Hypersonic, wouldn't call that a huuuuuge advantage but yeah that makes it harder for Geralt, though he dealt with teleporting guys like Caranthir or Olgierd, and he could somewhat keep up with Vilgefortz.
Also, what Mach and AP is Guts? Geralt scales to good amount of 9-A feats and is Mach 3.017 so above baseline
Guts is Mach 6, and he scales to Wyald whom is 0.04 tons.

Overall, Guts's physicals are around double that of Geralt's across the board, and his AP is even higher than 0.04 tons with his Black Swordsman equipment, but on the other end, Geralt has enough hax to make Guts's head spin, even with just his basic equipment

SpookyShadow said:
Geralt is a lot more skilled and experienced
now listen here you li-

>Checks Geralt's age

>forking 90

... still want to know what kind of skill Geralt is packing under his belt, if there are specific feats to point to

Geralt became most skilled fist fighter on the Continent, even beating the piss out of a bear and a rock troll with his bare hands. Would have to look further into his bio a bit more to find some good armed skill feats tho, cuz a lot of his opponents get their clout from fighting him, and not the other way around

Just fighting a bear hand to hand sounds more like AP then fighting ability, but alright

I can't think much about Guts' raw fighting ability beyond just his sheer suicidal will. He's the type of guy to make an attack while the enemy's damaged weapon is swinging for his head, and grab a sword in his teeth so he can get an edge. The only time he really has trouble is against people who can oneshot him and that one guy with the Purple Rhinos

Geralt is a Witcher since birth and he hunted monsters/fought immeasurable amount of people to this day.

For example he can handle many Wild Hunt members at once (who are also massively experienced swordsmen), killed all their leaders (Imlerith, Eredin and Caranthir), fought damn Vilgefortz of Roggevee who was the greatest mage ever in entire series (he lost once but later finally killed him)

He was through very rigorous and hard training as a child and knows countless sword techniques, due to that he has enough reaction speed to deflect crossbow bolt or an arrow.

The last part is just a speed feat but yeah he probably has an edge in that regard

Small necro but what stops Geralt from using Axii and instant winning. It scales to mind controlling 6-10 people while Guts doesn't have resistance to mind manipulation.

Guts with berserk Armor has.
I can't say anything about the base. There were times when he could not be possessed by ghosts. It seems that he successfully killed the girl-Apostle, and she was able to stupefy Corkus during the Eclipse. Although not the fact that it was hypnosis.
I think there was some kind of hypnosis in the lost children's Arch, but I'm not sure about that either. I haven't read manga in a long time.

Back