• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GEoM's regen

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
The wording is weird to say the least:

Regenerationn (At least Low-Mid, Likely Mid-Godly due to being a Perpetual. However, this requires him to fully die),

If you already died, you are resurrecting, not regenerating.

The wording on his regen is kinda ******, considering it points out that he has to "die" to use Mid-Godly Regenerationn, when this is kind of one of the most basic requirements for Mid-Godly Regenerationn, since you don't even exist any more when you regenerate.

I think it's still there because he's stuck on the golden throne, even though we have canon explanations why he can't just pick his ass up and walk off.

Can you suggest any changes? Getting rid of the "requiring to die" part, for example?

Don't know. We could always just do that and get rid of the Low-Mid, as it's completely superfluous and implies something along the lines of the Emperor being unable to normally survive decapitation. IDK.

The Everlasting said:
I always felt like the Perpetual shit was just resurrection.
That's how its worded and my main issue.

For someone like Vulkan it definitely is (which I feel should be adjusted on his page).

The issue is we're now fully aware that the materium Emperor isn't even a truly physical being, as seen in Dark Imperium, and just a shell for this overwhelming power.

There is of course the further issue that one cannot meet the actual requirements for Low-Godly or above without "dying" on a physical level, no matter how brief, but that's more an issue with our clarification for certain facets of regen and resurrection.

I think it counts as resurrection because his soul doesn't die, he just respawns as another human. So, not Regenerationn... he "dies" in a biological sense.

And no, I don't think he "respawns" like Vulkan, he hasn't shown it... plus, the dude that was Jason from the Argonauts died against Horus and showed up in a different body. So Vulkan is an exception.

Numbersguy said:
So, not Regenerationn... he "dies" in a biological sense.
You cannot meet the requirements for Low-Godly or above without doing this, unless you have no biological components, in the first place.

Vulkan is an exception because his Perpetual nature comes directly from the Emperor, just like the abilities of all Primarchs.

The Emperor has never been someone other than "The Emperor", to my knowledge. Unless you're referring to people treating him as different figures and people from history, which is due to perception of him, not because he died, at some point.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Unless you're referring to people treating him as different figures and people from history, which is due to perception of him, not because he died, at some point.
"I just want a normal life."
"My friend, you will have as many of those as you wish."

He probably DID die at one point, considering he knows he can respawn.

We need to fix Mid-Godly to a degree, because in the Emperor's case, it doesn't apply to him in combat because we don't have evidence of him respawning on the spot, unlike Vulkan.

Can someone provide citation for Mid-Godly Perpetuals. All feats I see work through Low-Godly means. Their soul remains and they are reborn.

The Emperor gets Mid-Godly regen thrown out of the window, forgot to say that Vulkan's gets downgraded to Low-Godly... oops.

Vulkan shouldn't have Mid-Godly, in the first place. He should have Low-Godly at best and it should be made clear the connection to his Immortality/nature as a Perpetual (which is basically just clarifying the varied nature of his respawn time and location). Being Perpetual has never been Mid-Godly, and big E's Godly regen isn't even due to being a Perpetual.

You have the source for the info?

Just in-case... like the exact quote. So people don't go "U lying".

Is this a derailment? Because I thought we'd talk about GEoM and not some Vulkan guy. Sorry.

Vulkan is one of GEoM's "children". The idea is that Big E's Mid-Godly says it's due to him being a Perpetual, which it isn't, and Vulkan is scaled to that same Mid-Godly because he is also a Perpetual, despite the fact that normal Perpetual regen is Low-Godly.

Vulkan died a "True Death" when he was pierced with the Fulgurite, contrasted with his other "deaths" from which he just regenerated / revived. The explanation has always been that Perpetuals revive as long as their soul remains.

Then I get that: Perpetual's have low godly regen / reincarnation / resurrection

My question then, is: GEoM has legit mid-godly or not?

@PaChi

It's...kind of hard to say? He logically should, based on his true nature and the fact that their are daemons (beings whose nature pretty much amounts to "a Warp God but infinitely worse) who have Mid-Godly showings, but the issue is the Emperor never really dies.

At absolute worst, his materium self has Low-Godly, though I'd personally feel something like "Low-Godly, likely/possibly Mid-Godly" works best.

Definitely not. I think "At least Low-Godly, possibly/likely Mid-Godly" likely covers all the bases for Big E, and Matt seemed to agree.

Vulkan, being a "normal" Perpetual, would just have Low-Godly.

I assume the same for Ollanius, but he doesn't have a profile lol

Back