• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
>Then they're not actually fighting The Foundation but a severely nerfed version of it based on 5% of the pages on the site.

That's the condition accepted otherwise the nonsense about there being "Interdimensional" range but actually having Interplanetary range goes on.

>If your power null only works on magma manip, then it wouldn't work on plasma manip.

Then you accept it doesn't work on similar abilities then.

>Also, if it was classified as its own thing for a long time but isn't now, what's it classified as now?

See the Kaguya profile.

>So Gensokyo nukes The Foundation on the first thought of the battle, and The Foundation can't counteract it

Because of the multiple reasons I've gone over before, they're not fast enough, we went through this.

>having sites outside of causality & the multiverse?

Nothing on the wiki says this.

>I don't know what you mean by this.

You didn't say it affected the beings only "their effects", which would have to be seen/measured to know of their effects.

To neutralise them that would have to be within that observation range. So max Solar System.

Then you accept it doesn't work on similar abilities then.

Read the rest of my message after it.

See the Kaguya profile.

Thanks, I've responded to the classification given in an above post.

Because of the multiple reasons I've gone over before, they're not fast enough, we went through this.

This makes sense, I'm just confirming.

Nothing on the wiki says this.

The tale linked for possibly Type VII comes from Extratemporal Site 000 sitting outside of the infinite multiverse and harvesting energy from every big bang. It's on the wiki.

You didn't say it affected the beings only "their effects", which would have to be seen/measured to know of their effects.

To neutralise them that would have to be within that observation range. So max Solar System.

To clarify, SCP-682 is actively cursed by multiple 1-B beings to have certain anomalous properties. SCP-001-EX removed these anomalous properties, yet the 1-B beings didn't re-apply them.

If it only stopped the effects, then SCP-001-EX can stop 1-B beings from affecting things inside the universe, which should be good enough to stop Gensokyo from affecting things inside the universe.

But I do want to stress, that this point is rendered kind of moot if Gensokyo just nukes them from the start.

>Read the rest of my message after it.

I did, and it still didn't apply to what you said yourself because they don't relate, Precognition and Earth Manipulation even with the example you gave.

>The tale linked for possibly Type VII comes from Extratemporal Site 000 sitting outside of the infinite multiverse and harvesting energy from every big bang. It's on the wiki.

That's "possibly" so it's not even confirmed on the profile let alone to be used for this fight.

>To clarify, SCP-682 is actively cursed by multiple 1-B beings to have certain anomalous properties. SCP-001-EX removed these anomalous properties, yet the 1-B beings didn't re-apply them.

All that means is that he has 1-B curse removal and said 1-B Beings didn't reapply the curses likely because the A.I would just remove them again.

So unless you have specifics saying the machine negated them specifically this point is moot.

>If it only stopped the effects, then SCP-001-EX can stop 1-B beings from affecting things inside the universe, which should be good enough to stop Gensokyo from affecting things inside the universe.

Only AFTER the effects go off, it's not pre-emptive.

I did, and it still didn't apply to what you said yourself because they don't relate, Precognition and Earth Manipulation even with the example you gave.

Welp, if you disagree, I think you're treating things in a way that isn't very useful, and isn't how we usually treat them in threads.

That's "possibly" so it's not even confirmed on the profile let alone to be used for this fight.

Fights are assumed to be at their strongest unless said otherwise. That means including "possibly" statistics and abilities.

All that means is that he has 1-B curse removal and said 1-B Beings didn't reapply the curses likely because the A.I would just remove them again.

I'm pretty sure it's a continuous thing that they constantly apply but I'm not familiar enough on 682's lore to say for sure.

Only AFTER the effects go off, it's not pre-emptive.

Wrong. It's pre-emptive. SCP-001-EX is shown predicting many events, and the ways to stop them, days in advance (beyond long enough for the rituals to be enacted).

>Fights are assumed to be at their strongest unless said otherwise. That means including "possibly" statistics and abilities.

Not really, this isn't a "At most/at the highest", this is a possibly, which denotes that it's not confirmed.

>Wrong. It's pre-emptive. SCP-001-EX is shown predicting many events,

Predicting something doesn't mean its effects apply before they effect something, if so, prove it.

Not really, this isn't a "At most/at the highest", this is a possibly, which denotes that it's not confirmed.

No, it doesn't only apply to "At most/at the highest." If you don't want them to have it, make a new thread where you as the OP specify that The Foundation doesn't have it.

Predicting something doesn't mean its effects apply before they effect something, if so, prove it.

It predicted three ovulation events from SCP-2717. It warned The Foundation and provided a ritual to counteract it every time. The first two times The Foundation ignored it, and the ovulation events happened. The third time The Foundation performed the ritual and the ovulation event didn't happen, and none have occurred since.

>No, it doesn't only apply to "At most/at the highest."

No, it doesn't, you have to specify in the OP that they have the possibly key.

>It predicted three ovulation events from SCP-2717. It warned The Foundation and provided a ritual to counteract it every time. The first two times The Foundation ignored it

This seems like the Foundation wouldn't notice and shows ignorance.

>The third time The Foundation performed the ritual and the ovulation event didn't happen, and none have occurred since.

And so they'd need to enact the ritual when the fight starts, which again, isn't fast enough.

No, it doesn't, you have to specify in the OP that they have the possibly key.

Nope, that's never how I've seen things done.

This seems like the Foundation wouldn't notice and shows ignorance.

SCP-001-EX demonstrated its competence to the O5s through this. By the end of the article they enacted all of its suggested rituals.

And so they'd need to enact the ritual when the fight starts, which again, isn't fast enough.

If they can't prepare the ritual before the fight starts, then yeah. I already agreed to this three posts ago:

But I do want to stress, that this point is rendered kind of moot if Gensokyo just nukes them from the start.

Udlmaster said:
Wardokman69 said:
>freezing them in timeim pretty sure characters with immeasurable speed can break this things.
Not sure, we don't have anyone in Touhou with it.
yeah, touhou is mftl+ at best, that's why characters with immeasurable speed would certainly break this hax, and by the description itself eternity manipulation is seems no different than stopping time for certain objects/areas.

>If they can't prepare the ritual before the fight starts, then yeah. I already agreed to this three posts ago

Then we're in agreement.

How does Gensokyo get around what Ovens described above?

001 can't be destroyed physically because it exists as a version of itself inside it's dream which exists as a version of itself inside it's dream ad infinitum. You have to destroy every version of it in infinite layers of dreams.

This 001 can recreate the universe, rendering attempts to nuke the universe ineffective.

Agnaa said:
How does Gensokyo get around what Ovens described above?
001 can't be destroyed physically because it exists as a version of itself inside it's dream which exists as a version of itself inside it's dream ad infinitum. You have to destroy every version of it in infinite layers of dreams.

This 001 can recreate the universe, rendering attempts to nuke the universe ineffective.
We're still not Nuking the foundation or Universe still.

And the Foundation is dying for SCP-001 "When the Dawn Breaks" which is turning their personnel to mush.

Wait sorry since you've probably already said this before, but what exactly is Gensokyo's on-think wincon?

SCP wins via quantities of OP quality SCP, while Gensokyo has standalone OP quality 2hu characters. So SCP Foundation could potentially beat Gensokyo in mid-high diff.

GG

@udlmaster

enough with your walls of denial. although manipulation of eternity is somewhat powerful it doesnt mean it can counter every single thing in the foundation -_-ll

just try to tell me how is anyone from gensokyo gonna kill sam howell scp 3812

The Foundation cannot control, and isn't necessarily helped by, all the SCPs on the wiki. SCP-3812 doesn't give a **** about helping The Foundation, so he's irrelevant for this fight.

No idea how they'd do that or why they'd do that. Sam would be just as likely to kill them as it would to kill Gensokyo.

They don't have an entire 1-A MTF, but they have one 1-A in one of their MTFs (The Overvoid Lurk), the living embodiment of the story, who changes things in The Foundation's favor. They also have 1-A possession, but sadly it only works on a 1-A level and nothing lower, so it won't be very applicable here.

However, they can also write a shitty article about Gensokyo, which will cause Swann to erase it on a 1-A level for bad writing. Finally, the act of a researcher writing a timeline about SCP causes all anomalous things to gradually fade from the world on a 1-A scale.

One last thing I disagree with but is still on the profiles as of now, is Barker Sulliva, an MTF member who gets abilities and forms bestowed upon her by the narrative that will let her overcome any obstacle.

Getting a week to prepare should be enough to deploy any of these countermeasures against Gensokyo.

Neither the bad writing thing or 4010 are remotely in-character for the Foundation.

Regardless though this should def be closed now.

next up, SCP foundation vs Lob Corp

You're an admin you can just close things

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Neither the bad writing thing or 4010 are remotely in-character for the Foundation.

Regardless though this should def be closed now.
Broke: This isn't in character for the foundation!

Woke: There is no in character for the foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back