• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact:Downgrade due to translation issues

As y'all can see,this page states that the feat described mentions that the energy generated by the conflict between Ei and Shogun is enough to vaporize the ocean and turn day into night, however this is actually an error in the game's translation.
e78928ceadf6bdd1abbcf77dadd2a513.jpg

Screenshot-2024-09-04-18-34-43-86-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
8720c6678d26d89f431b7876f91d705b.jpg

Screenshot-2024-09-04-18-33-02-12-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Above is a comparison of the English text and the original Chinese text of the game
First,the translation of Figures 1 & 2 is correct. BUT,on translation of Figures 3 & 4,the original text is described as "The energy generated by the duel is enough to overturn the sea, extinguish the lights of sky" when directly translated using Google Translate.
Screenshot-2024-09-04-18-42-36-92-7a5391456ddf15713cd09dfbd75e8325.jpg

To further confirm, I asked my Chinese friends, and they all agreed that it was simply a flowey word used to describe the extremely powerful energy generated by the duel. And they also said that there is no description of vaporize oceans and turn day into night in the Chinese text(To put it simply, the English translation and the original text do not mean the same thing.)
Based on the above arguments, I think Raiden Shogun and other GI characters' H6-A should be downgrade to the previous tier.

Agree: @Setsuna_tenma @Nero1215
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
i suggest calling Translation helper for this, since Macchine Translations are not always accurate...soo @GarrixianXD
also hoyoverse ffs invite better translators i could count to 200 how much ass translations hoyo games have
Edit: If this gets accepted i suggest downgrading to low 6-B based on this calc here

i suggest calling Translation helper for this, since Macchine Translations are not always accurate...soo @GarrixianXD
also hoyoverse ffs invite better translators i could count to 200 how much ass translations hoyo games have
Edit: If this gets accepted i suggest downgrading to low 6-B based on this calc here
I highlighted below that for further confirm, I asked my Chinese friends (including myself is a Chinese too) 🥶

Agree,In Chinese grammar, "覆灭天光" obviously it cannot be the destruction of the sun and moon or be moved, or the manipulation of day and night .And as a Chinese I can state this with great certainty.“覆灭” can be understood as destroy, disappear.“覆”can be understood as covering.“天光”,It can be interpreted as sunlight or daylight.
So obviously, the worst case scenario describes blocking out the sun, and the fact that she creates a lot of thunderclouds in the game fits that description

Have to ask... If I am not mistaken or missing anything, wouldn't RS and those in her tier group just be booted back to 6-C+ as they previous were before their High 6-A upgrade?

I proposed low 6-B scale in case high 6-A got rejected in my crt
Welp...I don't think that L6-B can be used,I just compared the original text of Juvenile Jade, which does not mention the range of influence and is more inclined to flowey word.

Rip High 6-A GI. I don't follow Genshin enough but oof, it was good while it lasted for such a big tier lol.

I don't know of any Chinese myself but I have to ask on what the whole "overturning the sea(s)" part would have pertained to?

I can get "extinguish/destroy the sky" could be interpreted loosely to mean like blocking out the sun and the sky, especially with Ei's control over Electro and being able to create thunderclouds but not so much the overturning seas part. Unless that's just another way of saying shaking up even the seas too?

In any case, seeing as this is yet another one of Hoyoverse's infamous localization f up's, I agree with removing it and changing them accordingly to something else.

On the Low 6-B stuff, if there's stuff that's consistent to it like the Azdhaha shaking the earth bit (and I presume this means like the planet and not like the ground itself), that can work. Elsewise, you guys would have to go with High 6-C or wherever they were last time prior to the tier jump.

Rip High 6-A GI. I don't follow Genshin enough but oof, it was good while it lasted for such a big tier lol.

I don't know of any Chinese myself but I have to ask on what the whole "overturning the sea(s)" part would have pertained to?

I can get "extinguish/destroy the sky" could be interpreted loosely to mean like blocking out the sun and the sky, especially with Ei's control over Electro and being able to create thunderclouds but not so much the overturning seas part. Unless that's just another way of saying shaking up even the seas too?

In any case, seeing as this is yet another one of Hoyoverse's infamous localization f up's, I agree with removing it and changing them accordingly to something else.

On the Low 6-B stuff, if there's stuff that's consistent to it like the Azdhaha shaking the earth bit (and I presume this means like the planet and not like the ground itself), that can work. Elsewise, you guys would have to go with High 6-C or wherever they were last time prior to the tier jump.
I will subconsciously understand "倾倒大海" to mean "翻江倒海".Maybe it's just my personal grammar, I consulted the dictionary,“翻江倒海”It means that the original description of heavy rain, after describing the strength or momentum is very strongIn other words, this idiom is just an adjective, referring to great power, not mean the power enough to destroy the sea..
PS:In everyday Chinese language, we sometimes refer to an upset stomach as "the stomach 翻江倒海.".It's kind of fun(

The original text is "撼天动地",as a Chinese, I can firmly tell you that's just a flowey word to describe powerful of Azhdaha
Azdaha shakes can affect entire leylines which are spread across the entire world so hard disagree here

Don't know shit about Genshin, but the game is set in Teyvat right? Which is according to the wiki the "world" and continent.

So shaking the earth (ground) or world could be just shaking Teyvat and not necessarily the entire planet.

Again, I don't know jack shit about Genshin. Just putting this out there.

Don't know shit about Genshin, but the game is set in Teyvat right? Which is according to the wiki the "world" and continent.

So shaking the earth (ground) or world could be just shaking Teyvat and not necessarily the entire planet.

it was also stated numerous times to be a Planet from Fontaine onwards, heres one example
if it isnt Planet on CN text im going crazy

Btw, the description contained in Juvenile Jade, the so-called "Split the earth" in the original text "撕裂大地" should be more correctly translated as "split the ground"

To be precise, it means splitting the ground apart rather than causing the entire Teyvat to shake.
Image-1725522439075.jpg

Actually shaking the ground in the original text does not mention that the scope of shaking covers the entire Teyvat

Seems like the shaking the world/earth is referring to the ground in this context since they differentiate between world and planet.

That's all from me though. I don't know how CN treats their text compared to JP text where it is heavily contextual. As the word "world" in JP can mean Earth, Planet, Ground, Society, Universe... etc.

Last edited:
Yeah,it didn't mention the scope covered,and that's just a flowey word(In idioms, Chinese would describe a person with far-reaching influence as "撼天动地")
you should at least explain why is it FLOWERY because i dont see anything flowery especaily coming from 2 persons one being Archon and Other being a GOD, and its actually consistent with the fact that Azdaha alone can affect entire ley lines which flow trough entire Teyvat.

you should at least explain why is it FLOWERY because i dont see anything flowery especaily coming from 2 persons one being Archon and Other being a GOD, and its actually consistent with the fact that Azdaha alone can affect entire ley lines which flow trough entire Teyvat.
"撼天动地" is never meant literally, If you translate this sentence directly, it means "shake the sky and ground". Then the question is, how does Azhdaha "shake the sky"?

"撼天动地" is never meant literally, If you translate this sentence directly, it means "shake the sky and ground". Then the question is, how does Azhdaha "shake the sky"?
where did you get that word from now? Anyway im arguing about this "撼天动地"

where did you get that word from now? Anyway im arguing about this "撼天动地"
Because I am a Chinese, of course I know what this word means
This is the meaning of the word "撼天动地" as recorded in the Chinese encyclopedia
Screenshot-2024-09-05-16-16-17-62-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot-2024-09-05-16-16-56-12-7a5391456ddf15713cd09dfbd75e8325.jpg

Because I am a Chinese, of course I know what this word means
This is the meaning of the word "撼天动地" as recorded in the Chinese encyclopedia
Screenshot-2024-09-05-16-16-17-62-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot-2024-09-05-16-16-56-12-7a5391456ddf15713cd09dfbd75e8325.jpg
A huge movement, in what context as in game it is used as a context of azdaha shaking earth with movements and sheer power (affectin the entire leylines)
If its political movement then the argument makes no sense as it also makes 0 sense to use a political description over someones sheer power (even less sense considering azdaha aint politican)

A huge movement, in what context as in game it is used as a context of azdaha shaking earth with movements and sheer power (affectin the entire leylines)
If its political movement then the argument makes no sense as it also makes 0 sense to use a political description over someones sheer power (even less sense considering azdaha aint politican)
Actually it's "shaking the ground" and the original Chinese text also does not mention that the range completely covers Teyvat

Last edited:
Btw, the description contained in Juvenile Jade, the so-called "Split the earth" in the original text "撕裂大地" should be more correctly translated as "split the ground"

To be precise, it means splitting the ground apart rather than causing the entire Teyvat to shake.
Image-1725522439075.jpg
大地 can also refer to the entire Earth itself. If the official translation uses the term “Earth”, then we should see it as the context being referred to the Earth itself.

大地 can also refer to the entire Earth itself. If the official translation uses the term “Earth”, then we should see it as the context being referred to the Earth itself.
Earth itself also means land or ground and as a Chinese game, the Chinese text definitely has priority reference. According to this statement, it should be regarded as ground/land instead of the entire Teyvat.

Actually it's "shaking the ground" and the original Chinese text also does not mention that the range completely covers Teyvat
..why do you even mention a text of Shaking entire world why are you changing argument mid debate wtf, also i already said that he can affect entire ley lines which spread trough entire teyvat with shaking earth you are getting more and more confusing

Back