• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genos vs the Highwayman (Darkest Dungeon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dismas was trying to locate where his party was, after the Sleeper battle everything went topsy turvy. As he ran through the streets he heard a voice call out from behind him close by.

"Stay where you are. Dismas, your wanted for multiple counts of murder, assault and robbery. Don't try anything funny."

The highwayman turned around slowly, eyes narrowed. "I ain't taking any orders from a walking tinman, time to put you in the dirt." with that the pair readied for a fight.

Doing this instead of Crusader. Speed is equalised, both are low 7-C. Genos = 1.77 Kilotons, Highwayman = 3.08 Kilotons. Fight takes place in streets of Yharnam, Highwayman's optional equipment is restricted.

Genos - 1

Highwayman - 7

Incon - 1

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Genos

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Highwayma

Dismas, in this case, is granted the advantages of AP, Genos has versitility. Without prep and optional equipment Dismas has relatively little compared to the other corpses of the Hamlet.

I don't know how good Genos' flight is based on it being limited but Dismas has fought creatures with actual flight before (the big damn thief crow, for example) so this should be fine, it isn't as if he lacks the range to counter.

Genos' versitility doesn't afford him any other notable advantages, just different elements with which to attack. His enhanced senses should counter stealth measures, however.

So I suppose I vote incon. Genos' small versitility amps allow him to reasonably overcome the slight AP advantage held by Dismas.

The Highwayman's Arsenal is going to be a bit more stilted considering he can't exactly draw blood from Genos, but his other stuff and general skill could match up

I think I'll agree with incon for now

Yeah I asked about drawing blood as well/whether or not bleeding oil would have negative outcomes, was told it wouldn't. If it would have then I probably would have gone for Dismas more often than not.

Aren't you able to stealth stuff that should also end up with enhanced senses, like the mutated dogs and such?

Dogs with rabies, which sort of mess with the mind. Even if they had the senses I'd argue you couldn't really say they'd be inclined to follow them.

In other news those dogs are bastards and I hate them.

Small versatility and Amps really shouldn't save Genos from the AP and Dura advantage plus the skill advantage Highwayman has

Is Genos unskilled? I really dunno the series but it seems like it would have some skill feats, and the AP gap isn't very large at all, falling short of even 2x.

He's not unskilled but he's not Highwayman at all

He's relatively inexperienced at this point

Hm.

If Genos lacks fighting skill comparable to Highwayman then I'd switch my vote to Highwayman.

Schnee One said:
He's not unskilled but he's not Highwayman at all
He's relatively inexperienced bumy this point
Yeah, Genos himself seems to never have taken martial art classes,refusing them even from Bang ,as he stated, his fighting style focuses heavily on raw power and destruction.

If Genos goes for melee combat he likely gets overwhelmed and beaten,forcing him to self destruct on Dismas. We have no real indication on how much stronger that would be over his regular attacks, but it was likely enough to one-shot mosquito girl. about 80/100 chance for Dismas here, but he will take some damage

If Genos decides to go for the range game he wins, since it's large AOE explosions with several hundred of meters in reach vs likely hundred of meters knife-throwing/gun-fire 9/10 chance for genos here (he's still losing an arm)

Genos high-diff

Skeletons are explicitly immune unless they get a game breakingly high bleed value which is clearly just Game Mechanics

I think stacking insane amounts of bleed chance and doing things like cause skeletons and absolute nothingness to bleed is just game mechanics. They've got a maxxed out resistance to it.

Clearly dismas has conceptual blood manipulation.

Most of the fights I've seen of Genos he tried to go fast and into melee combat, dont remember him ever starting with range spam

TacticalNuke002 said:
Does Genos have any living parts?
His brain is supposedly living(in the manga he was able to walk around with it exposed), but his head is by far his most durable part, to the point dragon level treat Fuhrer Ugly had trouble damaging it

Nope, altough the fact that his head's durability is relatively special compared to the rest of his body likely still stands (it's the only part he can't replace)

Dismas: "I'ma hitcha!"

Genos: "I'm gonna out skill yah!"

Dismas: "Lol no u can't."

Genos: "Fork."

did I do it right

Righto that's the match concluded.

Dismas wiped the sweat off of his brow, had it not been for his experience he'd likely be a smear on the pavement against that automaton or whatever he was. "Sorry. But I'm not being taken in anytime soon. Gotta find my crew now." with that the highwayman faded into the shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back