• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genjutsu vs Kyoka suigetsu which one is better and which one would u rather have

dude did u even read what applelord post?

maybe not

Bakudō #26. Kyokkō (µø▓Õàë, Bent Light) Hides the physical form and Reiatsu of the caster by bending light. It can be used in combat to mask the Reiryoku used when setting up a trap for the target, masking individual abilities."- Bleach Character Book UNMASKED, page 160

both bending light to erase/Hides their physical form and energy from others

Has Kyoka Suigetsu actually explicitly manipulated the sixth sense of Shinigami? Or is it just a thing because Shinigami use their sixth sense and are still fooled by Aizen.

It's just a thing it does, if it didn't then they'd have no issue seeing through KS since Shinigami don't fight with their physical vision.

Hell it even worked on Barragan who as we know literally has no eyes...

If we understand "Genjutsu" as a composite thing with every Genjutsu shown in canon, I'd rather have that.

Well Def not lol, that would just be broken.

I will split it into.

Non-occular.

Sharingan from 1 to 3 tomoe.

Ketsurugyan.

Mangekyo sharingan. Starting from basic to tsukuyomi to Kotoamatsu.

Infinite tsukuyomi.

i guess we should split KS into two as well

regular KS

EoS KS

considering the increased ease for EoS KS to be used and removal of one weakness it had : grab the blade before aizen cast an illusion

Rocker1189 said:
Well Def not lol, that would just be broken.

I will split it into.

Non-occular.

Sharingan from 1 to 3 tomoe.

Ketsurugyan.

Mangekyo sharingan. Starting from basic to tsukuyomi to Kotoamatsu.

Infinite tsukuyomi.
So I must choose between those? By composite I meant having every Genjutsu available, not a single technique that used everything.

out of curiosity , is there specific genjutsu for Rinnegan ? i know rinegan is the evolution of MS but i never was under the impression it had more impressive genjutsu compared to MS

beside the infinite tsukuyomi wich is more of an rinegan-sharingan eye mix

I mean the name in the Databook is referenced as rinnegan genjutsu and in some of the novels as well. Sasuke instantly put the the tailed beast in genjutsu jsut from a glance

AstralKing7 said:
I mean the name in the Databook is referenced as rinnegan genjutsu and in some of the novels as well. Sasuke instantly put the the tailed beast in genjutsu jsut from a glance
didn't obito with a single sharingan also put the 9 tail under a genjutsu ? or do i remember competely wrong ?

i don't think it's specific to rinnegan .

@pachi : izanami/izanagi are under baseline sharingan i think ? danzo just had base sharingan and he spammed it .

PaChi2 said:
And I think you forgot Izanagi and Izanami.
Those are kinda special and I am not sure what to do with them and if they can fit in with the rest of the group. One is a genjutsu on reality itself and the other one is basically forced talk no jutsu.

PaChi2 said:
And I think you forgot Izanagi and Izanami.
Those are kinda special and I am not sure what to do with them and if they can fit in with the rest of the group. One is a genjutsu on reality itself and the other one is basically forced talk no jutsu.

I do think that Sasuke's Rinnegan Genjutsu is actually IT with lesser range.But that's just my opinion and wasn't stated officially.

Ks allows aizen to indirectly control the conscious mind either a being with or without physical form , could be a giant blob of energy, as long as it as shit resistance to said inducement and is able to perceive / become aware through the senses, show empathy , sentience ect

Ks is more so attacking how the souls perceives. which is similar to how any normal human becomes aware through the senses. you Don't need to have any type of astral attacks/ soul manipulation to alter the perception of souls, astral beings because said characters can't physically interact doesn't mean they can't mentally using abilities that alters perception , thought ect

I hope this ends this odd argument of ks> because it only has been shown to affect souls, astral beings Also there is nothing different about ks in the beginning of the series or eos its the same inducement yhawch just has shit resistance like every other bleach character having precognition doesn't bypass that if you can't differentiate between reality and illusion to begin with..

Naeblis495 said:
AstralKing7 said:
didn't obito with a single sharingan also put the 9 tail under a genjutsu ? or do i remember competely wrong ?
i don't think it's specific to rinnegan .

@pachi : izanami/izanagi are under baseline sharingan i think ? danzo just had base sharingan and he spammed it .
The sharingan reflects power as tobirama stated because they awaken the eye doesn't mean they have the same combat ability or power or even the same level of inducement compare adult kakashi to 15 year old obito remember they have the same eye but obito has a higher mastery or compare part 1 sasuke to his daughter now sarada shes already shown better mastery obito is also already ms level we know ms level users can tame the fox he was also trained by madara its completely logical that he can tame the fox with 1 sharingan without using the stronger variation

He summed it up well^. It doesn't matter how many eyes you have for genjutsu tbh. It's your chakra control which is what matters.

i understand your point.

i was just asking if there was any genjutsu exclusive to rinnegan because i didn't remembered any out the top of my head and wanted to know if i missed something crucial.

i wasn't really pointing any inconsistencies .

yeah , to my understanding of the rinnegan , it just granted more protection against genjutsu but not really any perk for your own genjutsu or any " special" genjutsu like the tsukuyomi or kotoamatsukami

that and all the path techniques of course .

AstralKing7 said:
Lol what Dzh said. I had the belief that we were talking about abilities that were accepted on profiles which is relevant to the debate and not just things that we want to be other abilities which aren't accepted and have no evidence since it could be something else or stated to something else.
When getting in debates like that I just drop them since it has literally nothing to do with the rules of the site and pretty much is just giving abilities when they're not abilities

I won't say that genjutsu uses creation since it's reali warping. Why would I discuss abilities that aren't accepted by the site?? I'm pretty sure no one here even knew we we're doing that
So literally no autonomy of mind besides what is on the site?

Not sure that's a discussion though... like, why the hell that much policing? Or is it so hard to think people can discuss something without some agreed on medium ground?

Well if it's gonna be like that, I am pulling out. Not much fun.

That's so unnecessary when this is a versus thread not a fun and games bored thread that's why I believe we shouldn't discuss abilities that aren't official.

Yeah why would it be fun. Wrong board

Maybe because the versus thread is for actual characters fighting, this is not gonna be added anywhere and is not even an actual fight? Which would you prefer, as the OP asks, seems like a pretty subjective question.

Just thinking on the basis of profiles sounds unnecessarily rigid and **** everything else, not much to my taste.

Back