• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genjutsu vs Kyoka suigetsu which one is better and which one would u rather have

I hope we aren't trying to say narutos "soul resistance" is comparable to bleach or something like that. Some wankery that would be.

Naeblis495 said:
chakra and some jutsu can affect souls yes , but have nothing to do with spirituality in nature .
disproven by the fact that Orochimaru did not have chakra in his arms after his arm's soul was lost.

And that souls(Hagoromo) can use chakra just fine.

i am trying to debunk the notion that chakra is spiritual in nature in the same sense that it is in bleach and to debunk the notion that genjutsu affect the soul .

i think that it is obvious via their feats that naruto verse isn't close to bleach in terms of spirituality( not wanting to hurt anyone with this statement btw)

A Soul Reaper rips your hand and you cannot longer use chakra.

=

Chakra affecting a soul?

More like a soul affecting chakra.

Naeblis495 said:
i am trying to debunk the notion that chakra is spiritual in nature in the same sense that it is in bleach and to debunk the notion that genjutsu affect the soul .
i think that it is obvious via their feats that naruto verse isn't close to bleach in terms of spirituality( not wanting to hurt anyone with this statement btw)
Bleach uses souls more so it is more obvious when soul based stuff happen at some point we are going to make a thread based on souls and Naruto to discuss it in detail so I am not going to go further here.

AppleLord said:
A Soul Reaper rips your hand and you cannot longer use chakra.
=

Chakra affecting a soul?

More like a soul affecting chakra.
Are you really ignoring everything else I am saying?

Rocker1189 said:
Naeblis495 said:
chakra and some jutsu can affect souls yes , but have nothing to do with spirituality in nature .
disproven by the fact that Orochimaru did not have chakra in his arms after his arm's soul was lost.
And that souls(Hagoromo) can use chakra just fine.
it make you body rot too so it clearly have an affect on the body and thus on a part of chakra: the physical aspect

also , i think it was hand seal that was forbidden by orochimaru due to the reaper seal , not the use of chakra in his arms .

souls still posses mental energy and can use nature energy too (iirc)

so yes they can use some aspect of chakra .

@Nae Just making sure is all.. You never know. I'm sure there's someone out there that would argue it.

I agree that some pseudo spiritual/physical energy mumbo jumbo being legit soul manip, or whatever is being discussed is fishy. it's not on the profiles either. Some jutsu can affect a soul and that's about it.

Naeblis495 said:
it make you body rot too so it clearly have an affect on the body and thus on a part of chakra.

also , i think it was hand seal that was forbidden by orochimaru due to the reaper seal , not the use of chakra in his arms .

souls still posses mental energy and can use nature energy too (iirc)

so yes they can use some aspect of chakra .
I dont think it was ever said to make your body rot?

He had no chakra in his arms.

You are just proving that mental energy is spiritual in nature, souls have no physical component to "generate" mental energy.

The way I see it, this conversation is moot to begin with. The OP assumes we'll be able to have it as we are, affecting the world around us with it like it's supposed to.

All we have to do is select which one's abilities we like more. This debate about Technicalities and what affects what is moot.

At the end of the day, the each do the same shit (Some Better than Others) garnering the same results.

Heavens Feel said:
@Nae Just making sure is all.. You never know. I'm sure there's someone out there that would argue it.
I agree that some pseudo spiritual/physical energy mumbo jumbo being legit soul manip, or whatever is being discussed is fishy. it's not on the profiles either. Some jutsu can affect a soul and that's about it.
i'm not a native english speaker , so it might be my fault that i'm not expressing myself in clear enough terms .

TheFinalOrder said:
The way I see it, this conversation is moot to begin with. The OP assumes we'll be able to have it as we are, affecting the world around us with it like it's supposed to.
All we have to do is select which one's abilities we like more. This debate about Technicalities and what affects what is moot.

At the end of the day, the each do the same shit (Some Better than Others) garnering the same results.
yeah , i guess this discution on the nature of chakra is derailling quite a bit .

i'll stop arguing here but if a thread dedicated to it emerge , i'll gladly restate/resume my arguments .

Naeblis495 said:
and the japanese words used to describe chakra are :
Physical energy (Þ║½õ¢ôÒé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝, shintai enerug─½)

and

Spiritual energy (þ▓¥þÑ×Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝, seishin enerug─½, English TV: Mental Energy)

the correct japanese term for souls/spirit is rei , like Reishi (Ú£èÕ¡É, Spirit Particles)

if a moon speaker could actually confirm this this would be great
ScreenShot 20190818225529

Omimi is saying that the kanji u guys thoguht were Japanese actually looks to be Chinese it seems. That's how it looks to me. We can't talk about Japanese when it was never Japanese. Seems Omimi does make a point

i really want to respond , but i won't , this is not the right thread for this topic as TheFinalOrder pointed out : it's a moot point .

Rocker1189 said:
Omimi is wrong though, they just both have the same kanji. and either way he did not translate the entire kanji.
Ohhh makes sense. Did wonder why Japanese would use a Chinese meaning

Japanese and Chines Kanji are similar, Japanese uses the same Chinese Kanji but adds a few new ones. Learning Japanese is learning Chinese. Lol

Well someone up above was trying to Tier mind manipulation for KS which didn't turn out to be mind manipulation by using its ability to effect souls which we don't use to scale and rate mind manipulation and perception manipulation

SpookyShadow said:
Imagine Aizen fighting with Genjutsu instead of Kyoka Suigetsu against Gotei 13.
Shinji solos Aizen again? Illusion Hado didn't work the first time and so he mastered Kyoka Suigetsu. Momo also used some kind of illusion Kido to a guard when she escaped Toshiro's wall kido back in SS Arc.

670F1B79-7427-493E-83D4-1C17262554AD

It was not even an illusion hado, we literally have no idea what it is. Not to mention it obviously affects real space. something genjutsu does not do.

It's just souls in Bleach have human senses which can be distorted by Aize. Doesn't make it anything more than Genjutsu. Basic Genjustu also affects the mind via distorting chakra. Chakra isn't tangible either.

SpookyShadow said:
Shinji was few leagues above Aizen during that so it wasn't hard to him to find him using Hadou
i'm not so sure about that statement .

aizen was always a one of kind and always felt alone in his overpowerness

nothing clearly indicate that shinji was stronger than aizen at this point .

SpookyShadow said:
What could it be if not Kido?
"Bakudō #26. Kyokkō (µø▓Õàë, Bent Light) Hides the physical form and Reiatsu of the caster by bending light. It can be used in combat to mask the Reiryoku used when setting up a trap for the target, masking individual abilities."- Bleach Character Book UNMASKED, page 160

How is that not the same as using Illusions to hide?

Back