• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
  • Speed equalized
  • Genichiro is in first phase and can go Way of Tomoe, Giyu in Demon Slayer Mark
  • Battle takes place where Kokushibo fought with Pillars, no outside help of course
  • In character
  • 20 meters apart
Who wins?

Giyuu anime design
Genichiro Ashina:

Giyuu Tomioka: 1

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Well, Giyu's prediction doesn't have many feats. He just instantly knew that Tanjirou was going to use Breath of Water technique twice, for a Breath of Water master that should be a piece of cake. He couldn't predict Tanjirou throwing an axe at him even before he was even training as Demon Hunter (He obviously dodged it though, but that's different from predicting). and Genichiro is extremely skilled and experienced in fight. If Giyu pushes him to wall, he will go Way of Tomoe and start spamming lightning that stunts opponents.

That's different. Giyuu couldn't predict that coming because of the fact that he threw him off with a strategy that would've ended in his death just to kill him. Had it not been for the fact that he took note of his missing hatchet, then he would have been dead.

Spamming lightning can be dodged or Lull can be used.

Lull wasn't shown to null something like natural lightning though. And Genichiro, after being killed once will know of Lull, he can fight as long as he wants to

Not entirely, and shockwaves aren't very similar to lightning sent from the sky, sure, maybe Lull with deflect arrows coming at him but he will get tired after long time fighting (and Giyu can't spam Lull), Genichiro shrugs off being stabbed in neck two times in a row and through chest.

And Genichiro can massively extend the range of his sword with lightning, would be hard for Giyu to block it (pure energy tbh)

Bump

It's worth to notice that Giyu has considerable AP advantage, as he scales below 70 tons and Genichiro above 15 tons

As a guy who is more knowledgeable on and is more in support of Sekiro than Kimetsu no Yaiba, I honestly gotta hand it to Giyū. He has superior AP with Demon Slayer Mark, due to being a Demon Slayer he has a tendency to go for decapitations (which Genichirou can't rez from, as seen in the Shura ending where Father kills him in this manner), and is frankly more skilled than Genichirou. Genichirou is very good, true, well educated in both Okami and Ashina fighting forms, but he leaves himself open quite often, which a death sentence against someone like Giyū. Even before he entered the Final Selection, Tanjirou (who like Giyū was a student of Urokodaki) trained his swordsmanship to a very high degree, tightening up his form, eliminating his wasted movement, and increasing the amount of speed and force he could muster with the economical movements. In short, Giyū is stronger, has tighter swordsmanship, and would strike with sufficient finality to put Genichirou down permanently.

Oh didn't notice how old this thread was lol. But all the same, I love Genichirou (and I also love bullying him every time I do a replay of Sekiro lel), but Giyū defeats him, maybe even walks all over him.

He has a tendency to go for decapitations (which Genichirou can't rez from, as seen in the Shura ending where Father kills him in this manner),
I'm pretty sure he couldn't rez from that because Owl used the Black Mortal Blade on him, which would make a ton more sense as to why he was permanently dead since Black Mortal Blade negates regen and Immortality.

I'm pretty sure he couldn't rez from that because Owl used the Black Mortal Blade on him, which would make a ton more sense as to why he was permanently dead since Black Mortal Blade negates regen and Immortality.
Possible, but also we just don't see any immortals other than infested rez in such a manner, with Wolf even not regenerating his arm

Back