• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Godzilla Discussion

What do you guys think about Shimo freezing Monster Zero (Ghidorah)? Does this retcon what the guidebook said about Godzilla shooting him down and freezing Ghidorah?

image.png

Also is it weird for me to think that Nuclear Charged Godzilla (The one that fought Tiamat) & Thermo Nuclear Godzilla are close in strength and Evolved Godzilla is his strongest form by far? Since I’ve seen people say Thermo Nuclear is his strongest but I just can’t find a reason why.
where does it say that thermonuclear and burning are on similar power level?
I don't believe Evolved to be stronger than Burning.

Skar is weaker than Kong tho
I mean, sure but he still took attacks from him and Godzilla (Godzilla blasts him with his spiral heat ray and he is fine, which is stronger than his normal pink ray that is 20× multiplier from his blue one), he also makes Kong bleed with his whip.

where does it say that thermonuclear and burning are on similar power level?
I don't believe Evolved to be stronger than Burning.
I mean it’s a Nuclear Charged version of him, and Thermo Nuclear Goji is just him being cracked on nuclear energy + burning real hot. And Nuclear Charged Goji can practically do what Thermo Nuclear can, just not burning.

I’m not saying that their the exact same thing, what I’m saying is that their on the same levels of power with how their treated.
That would mean Kong, skar, Shimo etcetera would one shot Ghidorah, which is ridiculous.
Like sure, Ghidorah is weaker than Godzilla evolved, Shimo, Kong with B.E.A.S.T Glove and MAYBE Skar but he wouldn't be one shoted.

That would mean Kong, skar, Shimo etcetera would one shot Ghidorah, which is ridiculous.
Like sure, Ghidorah is weaker than Godzilla evolved, Shimo, Kong with B.E.A.S.T Glove and MAYBE Skar but he wouldn't be one shoted.
Evolved Godzilla, Kong (W/ Mechanical Arms) & Shimo I’d argue could do it, Scar King? Nah that man’s a fodder that only relies on his tiny little Shimo crystal. And it ain’t so far-fetched if you realize that these guys (excluding Scar King) are pretty much alpha level kaijus.

Evolved Godzilla, Kong (W/ Mechanical Arms) & Shimo I’d argue could do it, Scar King? Nah that man’s a fodder that only relies on his tiny little Shimo crystal. And it ain’t so far-fetched if you realize that these guys (excluding Scar King) are pretty much alpha level kaijus.
no he isn't. He survived Evolved Godzilla's spiral heat ray, which is stronger than his normal pink heat ray which is then 20× multiplier from his normal blue Atomic Breath.
He was also never defeated in the movie ONCE, other than at the end of the movie.

no he isn't. He survived Evolved Godzilla's spiral heat ray, which is stronger than his normal pink heat ray which is then 20× multiplier from his normal blue Atomic Breath.
He was also never defeated in the movie ONCE, other than at the end of the movie.
He didn’t survive it though? It only grazed his skin a little and the entire time Scar King was dodging said beam and never tried tanking it unlike Kong that tanked Shimo’s beam with his gauntlet. Unless there’s a scene I missed in which he gets hit by the beam clean and survives, he’s definitely not on the same level of those three.

He didn’t survive it though? It only grazed his skin a little and the entire time Scar King was dodging said beam and never tried tanking it unlike Kong that tanked Shimo’s beam with his gauntlet. Unless there’s a scene I missed in which he gets hit by the beam clean and survives, he’s definitely not on the same level of those three.
He got hit straight to the back and walked it off and then started running and dodging.
Let's not act here like Shimo's underbely didn't get burned by weaker pink atomic breath.
Hell, Ghidorah in KOTM was being burned by base Godzilla's atomic breath (confirmed by KOTM Novelisation multiple times).

He got hit straight to the back and walked it off and then started running and dodging.
Let's not act here like Shimo's underbely didn't get burned by weaker pink atomic breath.
Hell, Ghidorah in KOTM was being burned by base Godzilla's atomic breath (confirmed by KOTM Novelisation multiple times).
Again, he barely got hit by it and let’s not compare the two feats when it’s pretty clear that Shimo was off guard and was hit clean in his underbelly, unlike Scar King who in fact was actively tryna dodge the beam and noticed it firing at him the whole time.

IMG_3640.png

IMG_3638.png

Notice how the two feats happen on different circumstances and one is off guard while the other is actively dodging and actually notices the beam?

Also you’re forgetting how Shimo actually tanked his beam and went on to go slugfest with Godzilla until they’re both dazed.

IMG_3642.png

Nice way of proving that Ghidorah has a wackier durability than Scar King, though I’m still in favor of Ghidorah being stronger than Scar King.

So Kong preformed better than GvK against Godzilla? I don’t mind spoilers, going to see it tomorrow. Overall, is Kong consistently portrayed superior to Skar King?

So Kong preformed better than GvK against Godzilla? I don’t mind spoilers, going to see it tomorrow. Overall, is Kong consistently portrayed superior to Skar King?
After Kong gets his power glove he straight up throws hands with a perma amped Godzilla and even ko’s him. As for Skar king, kind of. His general portrayed as a much more agile fighter and jumps around a lot with his whip. By the end of the film, Kong and goji start manhandling and even play volleyball with him

Pretty solid film, as usual the best parts were the kaiju. My boy Kong really ate in this film(he deserves it after GvK). I like how skar king was portrayed as a more lanky and quick enemy rather then just “muh strong”

My main criticism though is that I wanted to see more interactions with Kong and Godzilla, I was kinda expecting more from them when I heard it was gonna be a “buddy cop movie”

Honestly I’m really curious to see were the franchise is gonna go know. I feel like they kinda have to go to space now with hollow earth being mostly explored

Honestly I’m really curious to see were the franchise is gonna go know. I feel like they kinda have to go to space now with hollow earth being mostly explored
Well there are still plenty of alien Kaiju that haven't been used yet like Gigan, Orga, Krystalak, Obsidius and of course Space Godzilla as well as the bazillion offshoot variants of Ghidorah.

Gigan, Hedorah, and Biollante are the most popular pics for the Monsterverse doing more adaptations of Toho Kaiju.

I know they did Mechagodzilla but I wouldn't mind seeing Kiryu adapted, they do have Dagon's skeleton just laying around

Honestly I’m really curious to see were the franchise is gonna go know.
Well based off of interviews from Adam Wingard prior to New Empire's release, one of the ideas for the next movie would be a story similar to GxK but with Godzilla being the main character this go around as a means of delving further into Godzilla's characterization and story. Which, in my opinion, would be really cool and it could introduce Toho Kaiju with some connection to Godzilla like Biollante or Kiryu or even SpaceGodzilla if they decide to go the space route as you mentioned.

By the way, did anyone notice that Godzilla was far more expressive in this movie then he has been throughout most of the Monsterverse? One of the rumors I've seen circulating around is when Toho lets another company utilize the character, one of the mandates is that Godzilla can't express too much emotion, so I'm wondering if Godzilla's character in New Empire was the result of Toho being more laxed with letting Godzilla show emotions.

After Kong gets his power glove he straight up throws hands with a perma amped Godzilla and even ko’s him. As for Skar king, kind of. His general portrayed as a much more agile fighter and jumps around a lot with his whip. By the end of the film, Kong and goji start manhandling and even play volleyball with him
Godzilla didn’t get KO’d actually, the novel also confirmed that the suplex actually knocked Kong out for a few seconds lol.

So any new abilities or feats for Tiamat?
The only thing i can think of is absorption, but she already has that, so.
Maybe her absorbing the energy of the sun could be calculated?

Godzilla should get power mimicry for being able to take Titan's DNA and absorb it. He should also get resistance to Absolute Zero and ice manipulation. He should also have evolution.

Kong should get resistance to Absolute Zero for surviving Shimo's Frost-bite blast (sure, he's arm was f*cked up but he still had it intact), electricity manipulation and maybe explosion manipulation?

I feel Biolante is probably the next logical step? With how much their connecting the Kaiju to nature, as well as hollow earth still being unexplored, I think introducing Biolante as the next big threat would be cool.

Godzilla should get power mimicry for being able to take Titan's DNA and absorb it. He should also get resistance to Absolute Zero and ice manipulation. He should also have evolution.
That’s power absorption, not mimicry but absorption since he straight up absorps Tiamat’s power and dna.

Dunno if I mentioned this before, but Shimo also freezed the oceans during her ice ages.
"Might not be related," she said. "The paintings were very old. But I did research with nearby islanders. Some of the elders knew about the painting. They said another, very ancient people made it. And that they called the monster Whose-Breath-Makes-The-Ocean-Into-Stone."
"Sounds related."
"Uh-huh. That's why they sent me. But then years passed. We found lots of Titans. But never her."
"Cause she was down here."
"That's what it looks like. Trapper, there has been more than one Ice Age. Some were a lot worse than the last one. There was one where everything was frozen to the equator. Life on the surface almost didn't survive it. What is Shimo really capable of?"

Back