• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gathering information for neck snapping

@ DontTalkDT

Looks better. Again though what do think about what we showed about neck snapping though? Should we keep using it conditionally or get rid of it all together?

Cuz my calc shows that leverage ca greatly reduce the level of raw force necessary for the feat.

@DontTalkDT

Thank you. I think that text seems fine to apply.

We could just wait for DontTalkDT to replace the text. If I remember correctly, when you edited previously, you made other changes than what we had agreed about as well.

Sure not a problem.

Yeah sorry about that. Didn't know that would be an issue, because it was a minor detail on why lifting/striking can't be used to calculate each other.

Well, I can unlock the page if you promise to not do any additional changes.

Sure I can copy paste it in, if you or DontTalk don't have the time.

@DontTalkDT

I have the calc and sources ready to go, but can you give your opinion on if we're going to say not to use neck snapping at all or only to use it with supporting feats.

Yeah I can do it later. I'll add in my calc and the outside sources, but I want some input from DontTalk before you lock it.

Okay. I will unlock it. Tell me here when you are done.

XING06 said:
@ DontTalkDT
Looks better. Again though what do think about what we showed about neck snapping though? Should we keep using it conditionally or get rid of it all together?

Cuz my calc shows that leverage ca greatly reduce the level of raw force necessary for the feat.
I guess we should use it conditionally. So as usual consistency with other feats should be considered and, as you showed, one has to estimate it based on the technique used.

Human levels of power are pretty complicated...

Yeah OK Ant I finished. Can you give it a look? It's under the potential energy/lifting section.

Also, can I remove the leaping on the roof calc? It's not right, someone did a backwards calculation of PE to AP again.

1) I will check.

2) That is probably fine, but it is best if you ask a reliable calc group member or DontTalk first.

I checked, and it seems fine.

Is it possible to insert an accepted calculation for the required energy as well? I think that we have one somewhere.

We already have that it's just in a different section.

Specifically it's in the breaking bones section which gives required kinetic energy to break specific parts of the body.

Regarding the PE - AP - stuff: It was mentioned that this was debated in a thread somewhere, I believe? Can anyone link me that?

AFAIK, rapid lifting and throwing was fine, but lifting over a period of time wasn't. Or did I miss something?

@XING

Okay. Thank you for the information. Should I lock the page and possibly close this thread then, or is there something left to do here?

@KLOL506

Yeah that was the rationale, but like DontTalk says they're based around two different units of measurement. So generally just don't try to scale lifting feats to AP and vice versa.

Also even if we had both as force, even a rapid lift still doesn't scale very well to your striking force. Like in a punch you have around 0.1 seconds. So the amount of force you can apply is a lower, than even a faster lift (~1 second).

EDIT: Bodyweight movements should work though, as the timeframe is closer (0.1-0.3 seconds). So the jump feat should be OK actually.

Yes, I reverted your edit of the jumping feat yesterday, as we need to decide it here first.

Yeah good call, I jumped the gun on that one. The general rule of thumb is not to do PE to AP, but I actually think it's fine to keep it as it counts as a rapid lift of bodyweight.

@DontTalkDT

Do you think it's OK to keep the PE to AP jumping calc?

Thank you for the evaluation.

So what is left to do here?

Btw: Should the jumping calculation be moved to another section of the page?

Maybe we should just move it into the Miscellaneous Feats section and rename the section into Lifting Strength feats?

I don't think the jumping feat currently fits in any other category.

Aside from that I think we are done here.

That seems fine to me. Feel free to do so.

DontTalkDT said:
Maybe we should just move it into the Miscellaneous Feats section and rename the section into Lifting Strength feats?

I don't think the jumping feat currently fits in any other category.

Aside from that I think we are done here.
Has anybody handled this yet?

Back