• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou's New Durability Negation Abilities

This is a post to discuss and delve into the new chapter of One Punch Man, Chapter 153. In this chapter, during the fight with Garou and Bang, Garou unleashes the Whirlwind Water Stream: Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist against Bang. This technique has been explicitly stated to be able to negate durability through the shockwaves produced which travel all throughout the opponent's body, traditionally causing their bodies to be turned to dust.

When Garou performed this technique, Bomb showed clear concern for Bang, believing that if he took even one hit, the shockwaves would break every bone in his body. When they finished exchanging blows, Bang lands a punch and manages to break Garou's face, but a single graze from Garou's attack is enough to wreck Bang's body and take him out for the count, even though they were both on relatively equal footing and had taken about the same level of damage throughout the fight. Again, I'd like to emphasize that this was just a single graze from Garou, not the full brunt of his attack, indicating that if Bang hadn't been able to deflect Garou's technique with the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist, the damage would've been much worse for Bang, possibly just as bad as Bomb had said it would be.

I think that this serves as more direct proof that Garou possesses durability negation, compared to the more limited evidence provided during Garou's battle with Darkshine. Therefore, his current "Limited Durability Negation" for his Pre-Awakening state should be changed to "Can negate durability with the Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist via internal damage through shockwaves." However, I think this should only apply to his Pre-Awakening state, not his Half-Monster state, since the Pre-Awakening Garou is clearly even more evolved and powerful than his Half-Monster state.

Here's a link to the page as evidence: https://**********/read/imgur/xOTthY4/1/17/

Last edited:
Yes, but shockwaves are physical attacks. Garou's attacks against Darkshine were accepted because they seemed to cause internal damage but here it is stated to literally turn the bones into pieces. And bones of a person can basically be assumed to have the same durability as character itself. I could agree to the attacks being able to pass through the body and causing damage to the organs but here that is not the case.

You miss the point here. The reason it caused internal damage before was because the technique targeted weak points and put force into their bodies to harm them internally.

This case has shockwaves (force) travelling throughout the entire body to do damage all over and inside. The fact that the shockwaves penetrate inside at all makes them durability negating.

You miss the point here. The reason it caused internal damage before was because the technique targeted weak points and put force into their bodies to harm them.

This case has shockwaves (force) travelling throughout the entire body to do damage all over and inside. The fact that the shockwaves penetrate inside at all makes them durability negating.
Yeah, but he has apply some amount of force to break Bang's bones right? Like, hurting someone's organs via Durability Negation requires lesser force but how do you break someone's bones without applying the necessary amount of force? Whether it be from outside the body or from inside the body, the amount of strength required to break someone's bones remain the same.

So how does this work? Do a certain number of people or admins need to approve until this change can be made?

So how does this work? Do a certain number of people or admins need to approve until this change can be made?
Really depends on how controversial the revision is. For very controversial revisions, it can be up to 7 staff. For this one, its pretty straight forward with 3 staff agreeing, so unless someone comes with good counter-arguments i think you can consider this accepted.

Well, since Garou's page is locked, I can't make the edits anyway, so one of the admins would have to do it.

Yeah, but he has apply some amount of force to break Bang's bones right? Like, hurting someone's organs via Durability Negation requires lesser force but how do you break someone's bones without applying the necessary amount of force? Whether it be from outside the body or from inside the body, the amount of strength required to break someone's bones remain the same.
This is irrelevant here because it's still durability negation. Even if they stand on roughly equal footings physically, Garou 1 shot him because his attack went through his entire body and destroyed most of it. The force behind the punch doesn't make it not Durability Negation, neither does the fact it doesn't specifically attack organs.

Seems fine, make sure you explain how it works though as durability negation can be both a broad and powerful term.

I added this to Garou's profile, can someone check if everything looks okay?

I added this to Garou's profile, can someone check if everything looks okay?
I think you were confusing "Exploding Heart Release Fist" with "Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist", so I changed the page a bit. It is better if someone is gonna check again though.

Back